• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
My Dinner With Andre

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

What’s happening with IT2, are they bringing him back to play with Lebron?

Almost certainly not..... Lakers still have some massaging to do on their roster but can't imagine he'll be back.  

Starters:  Ball, KCP, Lebron, Kuzma, Brook maybe?  Last one speculated as signing under MLE.  Weak rebounding but shooting would solid.

Bench:  Lance, Ingram, Zubac, Deng right now.... I'm sure there will be some more signings and maybe a trade to fill Randle's spot.  If you bring him back, then you have both Ingram and Kuzma coming off the bench.  

28 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No man, Lebron's gonna mentor them and in 2-3 years when he's 36-37, they'll be ready to really contend...... Most teams in the NBA are about stars unless you have elite coaching.  Is Luke Walton and elite coach???  Ahh..... I don't know.  But Lebron's in the West now, not beating up on AAA teams.  Right when Boston was ready to overtake Cleveland too.... imagine that.  Lebron is a huge, huge catch, there's no doubt, but I don't think he signed up for benevolent teacher hoping to one day ride the coat tails of these 21 and 22 year olds.... But never know.  Maybe this is zen Lebron.

Lebron bolted right when Boston was going to take the torch from him in Cleveland 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Almost certainly not..... Lakers still have some massaging to do on their roster but can't imagine he'll be back.  

Starters:  Ball, KCP, Lebron, Kuzma, Brook maybe?  Last one speculated as signing under MLE.  Weak rebounding but shooting would solid.

Bench:  Lance, Ingram, Zubac, Deng right now.... I'm sure there will be some more signings and maybe a trade to fill Randle's spot.  If you bring him back, then you have both Ingram and Kuzma coming off the bench.  

You're forgetting Hart. Most people do, he's extremely underrated and already a better shooting guard than a few teams's starters. The two rookies that the Lakers got in Wagner and Svi will get minutes too. Love Svi personally, but he won't play much. Wagner isn't great, so he won't play much either, but Deng won't see minutes, and Zubac won't play consistently either. Lakers have a solid bench at the moment, but we'll see if any other moves are made.

Just now, littlesamtung said:

Am I crazy to think this will be the first time LBJ misses the Playoffs since his rookie year?

Yes, absolutely. His supporting staff is miles ahead of where it was last year, you must think the East is the AAU circuit if you think the Lakers aren't the favorites for homecourt in the first round.

Lakers aren’t done. From what I’ve read, they can still max/near max Cousins. They can also trade for Leonard. Let’s see what unfolds. I find it very hard to believe that Lebron signs without Lakers bringing in more help for him. I’m sure they asked for Lebrons input before signing Stephenson too.

3 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

Lakers aren’t done. From what I’ve read, they can still max/near max Cousins. They can also trade for Leonard. Let’s see what unfolds. I find it very hard to believe that Lebron signs without Lakers bringing in more help for him. I’m sure they asked for Lebrons input before signing Stephenson too.

Nope.... Cousins can't come unless he took like 10 million dollar deal.  But they just got Javale!!!!!  So good....

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No man, Lebron's gonna mentor them and in 2-3 years when he's 36-37, they'll be ready to really contend...... Most teams in the NBA are about stars unless you have elite coaching.  Is Luke Walton and elite coach???  Ahh..... I don't know.  But Lebron's in the West now, not beating up on AAA teams.  Right when Boston was ready to overtake Cleveland too.... imagine that.  Lebron is a huge, huge catch, there's no doubt, but I don't think he signed up for benevolent teacher hoping to one day ride the coat tails of these 21 and 22 year olds.... But never know.  Maybe this is zen Lebron.

I think it became very obvious to Lebron that he could not compete versus the Warriors and the upper echelon of the West (Rockets are in that tier). When you know you are outmatched on paper does it matter if you fight that fight in the championship round or an earlier round in the playoffs? And I am not saying Lebron won't be competitive. He will surely give it everything he has to try and win and he will make the Lakers a playoff team. But, I think he realizes he just doesn't match up favorably with the Warriors so why sacrifice lifestyle and family at this point? That is sort of my take on it. It feels like if the CEO of a tech company that was top of the class 5-8 years ago just realizes they don't have the latest and greatest tech and didn't evolve and the only option is to close up shop and reinvent the wheel to try and be competitive again or be content knowing you were the best of the best 5-8 years ago but that time is over. And either option is perfectly fine and acceptable. Lebron can and should do whatever he wants to do. The worst part is that this will become the NBA's version of MLB's never ending televised Yankee/Red Sox games as if the entire country only wants to watch those teams play every single chance they can get a national televised game. Definitely buying league pass again. 

I don't see this as a crazy shift in power or some insane shift that makes the Lakers contenders. The gap between the Warriors and everyone else will take more than Kawhi and more than Boogie to close. Even if the Lakers assembled PG, Lebron and Kawhi I would have still make the Warriors the favorite. Honestly, I think I would probably make this Warriors team the favorite versus anything Lebron and the Lakers can assemble. I watch too many possessions of Lebron dribbling and there is almost no ball movement or flow. And then I watch the Warriors flow on offense and it is just night and day. And I think one can be more easily defensed than the other. And I am not saying you can defend it well, I am just saying Lebron + whatever can be more easily defended than the Warriors. This is also why I think the PG signing in OKC is another case of, eh, whatever. Until Westbrook and the Thunder evolve their offense I don't think they can come close to competing with the Warriors.

TLDR. Nothing has changed. Warriors still dominate the NBA until further notice. 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Yes, absolutely. His supporting staff is miles ahead of where it was last year, you must think the East is the AAU circuit if you think the Lakers aren't the favorites for homecourt in the first round.

Lakers are most definitely making the playoffs. But, top 4 seed....I think that is far from being a given at this point. We need to see how the rest of the roster and offseason shakes out. I'm not saying you are wrong, I am just saying it is too early to say whether that statement is conservative or aggressive. 

But @miasma16 , if you are a Laker fan I hope you are excited and happy with this news. That goes for all Lakers fans out there. I got spoiled having Jordan in Chicago, but the way I felt when Michael came back is probably comparable to the way Lakers fans feel today. And sports making you feel that way is really cool. 

Edited by thezing1

Posted (edited)

after signing KCP to pretty considerable amount 1 year deal, do they still have money to land one more max FA? 

I think a more realistic option for them might be Derrick Favors. They need someone who can play inside and protect the paint. Javale shouldn';t be starting at C

Edited by sya

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

But none of the Lakers right now are better than Love. I don't think this Lakers team (so far) is far better than the Cavs.

In the past season, Cavs vs West is only 15-15. Utah is 34-18, OKC 28-24, Por 31-21, NO 27-25, SAS 29-23, Min 34-18, Dev 28-24 and LAL is only 19-33. How many more wins can LBJ bring to the Lakers? 10 maybe. I think this new Lakers is at best competitive for the last playoffs spot.

Stephenson one-year $4.5 million, KCP one-year $12 million, JaVale McGee one-year $2.4M. So many one year deals mean LA is only keeping flexibility for Kawhi next year.

Edited by littlesamtung

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Lakers are most definitely making the playoffs. But, top 4 seed....I think that is far from being a given at this point. We need to see how the rest of the roster and offseason shakes out. I'm not saying you are wrong, I am just saying it is too early to say whether that statement is conservative or aggressive. 

Warriors

Rockets

Jazz

If no significant injuries happen, the top 3 already locked IMO,

I think they'll be right in the mud with the Pelicans, Thunder, Nuggets, and Timberwolves between the 4 to 8 seeds.

Edited by Trench Mob

5 minutes ago, sya said:

after signing KCP to pretty considerable amount 1 year deal, do they still have money to land one more max FA? 

I think a more realistic option for them might be Derrick Favors. They need someone who can play inside and protect the paint. Javale shouldn';t be starting at C

No.... if they renounce Randle they'd have around 14 million, otherwise they have a little over 2 million to spend in FA.  They can still trade though.....

Obviously if they could move the Deng contract they it would open up more money.

The West is so packed. Wtf. 

The Blazers are a good team too. It's only 8 spots you can fill for the playoffs lol. 

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Warriors

Rockets

Jazz

If no significant injuries happen, the top 3 already locked IMO,

I think they'll be right in the mud with the Pelicans, Thunder, Nuggets, and Timberwolves between the 4 to 8 seeds.

Thunder has a chance to make noise IF RWB decides to play the right way.

Just now, sya said:

Thunder has a chance to make noise IF RWB decides to play the right way.

If he lets everyone else get in rhythm for once in his career and if Carmelo accepts a reduced role ) which won't happen btw ), then yeah.

How are Ball and Ingram going  to fit next to LeBron?  Neither can shoot 3 pointers and both are the best with the ball in their hands.    And KCP staying also impacts  Hart.  It  seems to me that Kawhi trade is coming. I am  not buying that LeBron does not care about winning the title.

Btw, Lance and  McGee arrival is  great for entertainment value.  Showtime!

• Like 1

The SPURS won't even make the playoffs IMO. Crazy. 

Just now, Trench Mob said:

The SPURS won't even make the playoffs IMO. Crazy. 

I will believe it when I see it.  It all depends on what they get back when they trade Kawhi

7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

How are Ball and Ingram going  to fit next to LeBron?  Neither can shoot 3 pointers and both are the best with the ball in their hands.    And KCP staying also impacts  Hart.  It  seems to me that Kawhi trade is coming. I am  not buying that LeBron does not care about winning the title.

You got to believe he doesn’t care about winning anymore. You don’t leave a weak East to join a stacked West. 

One guy's opinion in ranking the West.  He's a Utah dude so understand his subjectivity.....

17 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

But none of the Lakers right now are better than Love.

...ok? And their next ~10 players after Lebron are better than each individual next best player the Cavs have. The Lakers are way better than the Cavs are.

10 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Ingram shot 39% from 3 last year. Lonzo shot better from 3 as a rookie (on about 3x the volume) than Ingram did. People are just trying to hate on whatever they can hate on because it's the Lakers. The Warriors were 28th in the league in offensive rebounds, they're not perfect either. LA will be fine.

13 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Ingram shot 39% from 3 last year. 

And since when is Ball at his best with the ball in his hands?

LOL, what are you talking about man? :lol: 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

One guy's opinion in ranking the West.  He's a Utah dude so understand his subjectivity.....

Nah. If anything OKC is a little too high. 3/4 no order? Lol. They're clearly not better than the Jazz. They're not better than the Pelicans either. 

Edited by Trench Mob