My Dinner With Andre

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

Recommended Posts

Since LeBron's season has officially come to a (merciful) end, we can start speculating about next year.

 

Here is what one oddsmaker thinks about LeBron's destination:

 

Lakers +200
Rockets +220
Cavaliers +350
76ers +350
Celtics +1000
Spurs +1200
Warriors +2000
Clippers +2000
Heat +3300

 

In any case, wherever he ends up he'll still be the same premier fantasy asset--or will he? He'll be 34 years old by the end of 2019 and will be coming off a season in which he played a whopping 104 games.

 

He's also entering the offseason nicked up, as you'd expect:

 

LeBon James had two MRIs on his right hand after punching a blackboard after Game 1 of the Finals, according to Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN.com.
His hand was supposedly too swollen for the first MRI to provide any results. A second one at a later time found that it was a bone contusion in his right hand. Surgery is not expected for James. He has also been wearing a soft cast on his right hand and was wearing it at his postgame presser after Game 4 on Friday. He said he "pretty much played the last three games with a broken hand." We'll continue to monitor the status of his hand as well as his free agency decision this summer. LeBron said a lot has changed since his last free agency decision. He talked about his kids being older and that he'll sit down with his family and make a decision. Jun 9 - 12:52 AM

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Since LeBron's season has officially come to a (merciful) end, we can start speculating about next year.

 

Here is what one oddsmaker thinks about LeBron's destination:

 

Lakers +200
Rockets +220
Cavaliers +350
76ers +350
Celtics +1000
Spurs +1200
Warriors +2000
Clippers +2000
Heat +3300

 

In any case, wherever he ends up he'll still be the same premier fantasy asset--or will he? He'll be 34 years old by the end of 2019 and will be coming off a season in which he played a whopping 104 games.

 

He's also entering the offseason nicked up, as you'd expect:

 

LeBon James had two MRIs on his right hand after punching a blackboard after Game 1 of the Finals, according to Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN.com.
His hand was supposedly too swollen for the first MRI to provide any results. A second one at a later time found that it was a bone contusion in his right hand. Surgery is not expected for James. He has also been wearing a soft cast on his right hand and was wearing it at his postgame presser after Game 4 on Friday. He said he "pretty much played the last three games with a broken hand." We'll continue to monitor the status of his hand as well as his free agency decision this summer. LeBron said a lot has changed since his last free agency decision. He talked about his kids being older and that he'll sit down with his family and make a decision. Jun 9 - 12:52 AM

 

 

 

Depends on his  supporting cast.  If he stays with Cavs  he belongs in first 3 rounds of fantasy draft.   On a stacked team (76ers, Celtics, Rockets) 4th or 5th.  If he goes to Spurs (I would love this to happen),   he goes on "do not draft" list :) 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I know Miami doesn't have any money, but we can put up some Lemonade stands. And we also have food stamps. 

 

P.S.: Who needs money anyways. Happiness is more important. We'll show you a whole lot of love again, LeBron. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how much Laker fans would like Lebron. 

 

Also, I don't see how it is the likely destination. Lebron is most likely out for blood on the Warriors. PG and Lebron on LA ain't beating the Warriors and he knows that. Staying in the east and going to 76ers or joining the Rockets to make another super team is more likely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's an early second round guy in either Philly or LA, and probably a mid-late second round guy in Houston or San Antonio as he'll get rested a lot more and will need to share the rock with Harden and CP3.

 

Either way, I don't see him returning first round value again unless he for some reason stays with the Cavs and they fail to get a strong enough supporting cast again that can enable him to rest 5-8 games and not need to play 36 mpg. Loved owning him this season though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I wonder how much Laker fans would like Lebron. 

 

Also, I don't see how it is the likely destination. Lebron is most likely out for blood on the Warriors. PG and Lebron on LA ain't beating the Warriors and he knows that. Staying in the east and going to 76ers or joining the Rockets to make another super team is more likely. 

This is Houston's cap situation for next year, as currently constructed:

 

1QyyT1s.png

 

They have negative 44 million dollars to spend on LeBron. How are they signing him?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaboom said:

This is Houston's cap situation for next year, as currently constructed:

 

1QyyT1s.png

 

They have negative 44 million dollars to spend on LeBron. How are they signing him?

This is the problem. Houston has one of the worst cap situations in the league. I just feel like if Lebron gave them a verbal commitment a little earlier on they would be able to figure something out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

This is the problem. Houston has one of the worst cap situations in the league. I just feel like if Lebron gave them a verbal commitment a little earlier on they would be able to figure something out.

I forgot about Clint Capela, who's now a RFA. If someone like Dallas offers him the max, Houston either loses him or they won't be able to sign LeBron. Or CP either.

 

In the event Houston matches Capela, 97% of their cap space would be eaten up by just Harden, Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, P.J. Tucker, and Capela. That would leave 3% of the salary cap available for LeBron James and Chris Paul. So, like $1.5M for each of them. They probably wouldn't be OK with that.  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as Ryan Anderson gets paid, the Rockets don't need to worry about much else.  You pay the face of the franchise and let the little people worry about the rest.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Payton: Bronny James Committed to Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles

👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 1:00 AM, Kaboom said:

I forgot about Clint Capela, who's now a RFA. If someone like Dallas offers him the max, Houston either loses him or they won't be able to sign LeBron. Or CP either.

 

In the event Houston matches Capela, 97% of their cap space would be eaten up by just Harden, Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, P.J. Tucker, and Capela. That would leave 3% of the salary cap available for LeBron James and Chris Paul. So, like $1.5M for each of them. They probably wouldn't be OK with that.  

That's not how it works. We already outlined this in the other thread. They could re-up CP3, Capela AND Ariza to fair deals because of the luxury tax. The reasons are complicated and nobody can probably explain them to you correctly anyway. It would be hard for Houston to sign Lebron, but not impossible like you're implying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 4:00 AM, Kaboom said:

I forgot about Clint Capela, who's now a RFA. If someone like Dallas offers him the max, Houston either loses him or they won't be able to sign LeBron. Or CP either.

 

In the event Houston matches Capela, 97% of their cap space would be eaten up by just Harden, Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, P.J. Tucker, and Capela. That would leave 3% of the salary cap available for LeBron James and Chris Paul. So, like $1.5M for each of them. They probably wouldn't be OK with that.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23524190/lebron-james-houston-rockets-summer-here-how-happen-nba

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 10:01 PM, Kaboom said:

This is Houston's cap situation for next year, as currently constructed:

 

1QyyT1s.png

 

They have negative 44 million dollars to spend on LeBron. How are they signing him?

 

They can't really sign him as a UFA outright..... however, they could possibly trade for him and keep Capela, CP3 and Harden.  It would need perfect timing and Cleveland would have to want guys like Gordon, PJ Tucker, etc but it's possible.  Think about how Houston got Paul last year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like he is going to LA guys, no need to worry how HOU will sign him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

If LeBron is indeed heading to Los Angeles (Lakers), hypothetically, who on the Lakers roster at the end of the year is not coming back?

Caldwell-Pope should test the market, and I personally think that Brook Lopez is gone. They can pay Randle and still get Lebron. They could maybe even pay Randle and PG and still get Lebron if they dump Deng, and LA will clearly do anything they can to dump bad contracts.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 6:16 AM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Since LeBron's season has officially come to a (merciful) end, we can start speculating about next year.

 

Here is what one oddsmaker thinks about LeBron's destination:

 

Lakers +200
Rockets +220
Cavaliers +350
76ers +350
Celtics +1000
Spurs +1200
Warriors +2000
Clippers +2000
Heat +3300

 

In any case, wherever he ends up he'll still be the same premier fantasy asset--or will he? He'll be 34 years old by the end of 2019 and will be coming off a season in which he played a whopping 104 games.

 

He's also entering the offseason nicked up, as you'd expect:

 

LeBon James had two MRIs on his right hand after punching a blackboard after Game 1 of the Finals, according to Brian Windhorst and Dave McMenamin of ESPN.com.
His hand was supposedly too swollen for the first MRI to provide any results. A second one at a later time found that it was a bone contusion in his right hand. Surgery is not expected for James. He has also been wearing a soft cast on his right hand and was wearing it at his postgame presser after Game 4 on Friday. He said he "pretty much played the last three games with a broken hand." We'll continue to monitor the status of his hand as well as his free agency decision this summer. LeBron said a lot has changed since his last free agency decision. He talked about his kids being older and that he'll sit down with his family and make a decision. Jun 9 - 12:52 AM

 

 

 

Changed a little since Saturday

 

Watr9fd.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Does he know something we don't?

 

Only thing Bogut knows is how to set an illegal screen better than most of the guys in the NBA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding LeBron signing with Philly, I heard someone say he would be good mentor to Ben Simmons.

 

And I thought, which player has LeBron been a mentor to lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Regarding LeBron signing with Philly, I heard someone say he would be good mentor to Ben Simmons.

 

And I thought, which player has LeBron been a mentor to lol?

 

Mario chalmers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, Gile Pile said:

Does he know something we don't?

 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

 

Mario chalmers

He may have sonned Mario but I wouldn't say he was a mentor

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now