My Dinner With Andre

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

Posted (edited)

I think you guys should understand that both the Lakers and LeBron cannot risk these useless games for an injury. Lakers are already looking to the next season. What would be the point for LeBron to play 30+ minutes going forward? In addition, hes not even being completely shutdown. Lakers are invested in LeBron and LeBron is invested in himself - why risk an injury for pointless games at this point of the season. LeBron is also not "young" anymore. Think bigger.

Also, I dropped McGee for D Powell, for whatever thats worth lol.

Edited by HBARZ93
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 9:38 PM, G.O.B. said:

yup, as soon as he passes MJ.. his season is over

underrated post here

^ Lakers we’re only around 2.5ish games out of the playoffs in the recent weeks. And now less games left and the margin getting bigger thats. 

2 hours ago, HBARZ93 said:

I think you guys should understand that both the Lakers and LeBron cannot risk these useless games for an injury. Lakers are already looking to the next season. What would be the point for LeBron to play 30+ minutes going forward? In addition, hes not even being completely shutdown. Lakers are invested in LeBron and LeBron is invested in himself - why risk an injury for pointless games at this point of the season. LeBron is also not "young" anymore. Think bigger.

I manage fantasy basketball teams, not the Lakers.  I want LeBron to play now, I don't care about  next season.  

Welcome to my "Do Not Draft" list LeBron James, unless you are available in late 2nd round

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBARZ93 said:

Why would any team play their star player if they're basically out of the playoff picture or basically locked into their playoff position?

Do you think if every team sat their best players once the regular season was pretty much decided for them, it would increase or decrease the value (merchandise, ad revenue, etc) for the league?

1 hour ago, Pyschout said:

Why would any team play their star player if they're basically out of the playoff picture or basically locked into their playoff position?

Do you think if every team sat their best players once the regular season was pretty much decided for them, it would increase or decrease the value (merchandise, ad revenue, etc) for the league?

I dunno, why don't you ask the Wolves why they play KAT? it's clear they are out of the playoffs, 7 games back of clippers, but yet they won't rest him or reduce his minutes. 

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

I manage fantasy basketball teams, not the Lakers.  I want LeBron to play now, I don't care about  next season.  

Welcome to my "Do Not Draft" list LeBron James, unless you are available in late 2nd round

This DND type of talk is just driven by emotion. Once the dust settles on this season I expect you will have a different opinion. The groin injury caused the Lakers to slide and caused this rest down the stretch. No groin injury = yet another season playing 70+ games. Lebron is still a freak. If he doesn't have a better roster around him next year maybe you can drop him in your rankings, but if he has a star to play with then he is going to put up stats and he is a very, very strong bet to play 70+ games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

This DND type of talk is just driven by emotion. Once the dust settles on this season I expect you will have a different opinion. The groin injury caused the Lakers to slide and caused this rest down the stretch. No groin injury = yet another season playing 70+ games. Lebron is still a freak. If he doesn't have a better roster around him next year maybe you can drop him in your rankings, but if he has a star to play with then he is going to put up stats and he is a very, very strong bet to play 70+ games. 

He has played 45970  career minutes (15th all time) and he is 34.  Father time does not  miss anyone.   For  me, the earliest I will take him is around 15th pick overall

6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

He has played 45970  career minutes (15th all time) and he is 34.  Father time does not  miss anyone.   For  me, the earliest I will take him is around 15th pick overall

what are you talking about? besides Giannis, Harden when CP3 is out, and AD when he plays, who puts up better numbers than LBJ even at 34 yrd old? you're delusional

• Like 3

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

what are you talking about? besides Giannis, Harden when CP3 is out, and AD when he plays, who puts up better numbers than LBJ even at 34 yrd old? you're delusional

BBM rankings standard 9 cat H2H. 

This season. LBJ is ranked 16th (in 47 games). For   example Kawhi, also 47 games, is  ranked .

But what do  I know, I must be delusional

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

BBM rankings standard 9 cat H2H. 

This season. LBJ is ranked 16th (in 47 games). For   example Kawhi, also 47 games, is  ranked .

But what do  I know, I must be delusional

Clearly nothing, and clearly delusional. They also rank Giannis at #8. Are you serious? you're always using flawed stats the same way you tried to justify that a player was better based on their PER rankings. how about you start using common sense and what you see during actual games rather than what you see on your internet? You might actually win your league.

Edited by babyfaceassasin

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

He has played 45970  career minutes (15th all time) and he is 34.  Father time does not  miss anyone.

That's just the regular season.

LeBron is the all-time leader in career minutes played in the playoffs at more than 10,000.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

12 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Clearly nothing, and clearly delusional. They also rank Giannis at #8. Are you serious? you're always using flawed stats the same way you tried to justify that a player was better based on their PER rankings. how about you start using common sense and what you see during actual games rather than what you see on your internet? You might actually win your league.

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

What is flawed with BBM rankings? Do you have better source of stats other than your oopinion?

Basically you are saying that next year you are basically drafting  LBJ as 4th overall (after AD, Harden and Giannis), because you think that nobody else puts better numbers. Can you let me know how that works out for you? 

In the meantime, I will be busy drafting (in no particular order) Durant, Curry, George, Jokic, Embiid, Gobert,  Lillard, Giannis, Harden, AD before I will even consider drafting LBJ. 

Even Tobias, Beal, Markkanen, Jrue, Capela are  tempting to draft before LBJ. 

And yes, I've watched Lakers this year a lot and I do not like what I see

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

I dunno, why don't you ask the Wolves why they play KAT? it's clear they are out of the playoffs, 7 games back of clippers, but yet they won't rest him or reduce his minutes. 

I think you missed the point.

3 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

If we are talking fantasy the answer to your question is quite a few. Harden regardless of CP3 being on the court or not, KAT, Curry, Jokic, Dame, PG, KD and a couple others. Lebron has flaws as a fantasy player that you need to build around (FT%, TO). Obviously, league settings matter, but Lebron has not been in that top 3/early first round tier for a few years now. Lebron hasn't necessarily gotten worse, it is more that other players have reached insane fantasy production and surpassed him. 

• Like 1

I'm with you Pile. He's been on my DND list for years now and I have absolutely no intention on changing that. 

Posted (edited)

I’m on board with pile to , can’t see myself taking LeBron before 12 next year , I believe this is the 3rd out of the last 4 years that LeBron finished outside of the top 10 

you guys are crazy to take him with a first round pick when he hurts you turnovers ft% and lackluster 3s just for his dimes lol 

we we all know they’ll be people taking LeBron and Westbrook in the top 10 like always , followed by a top 20 Ben Simmons pick up

and people wonder why they’re losing efficiency and turnover smh

Edited by Simsanityy179

Posted (edited)

When playing, from a fantasy POV LBJ is (was?) solid for a punt FT% build. Ranked #5 for the season (per game; in total less for the season (#23) due to the injury). Decent bump from #16. Giannis gets a somewhat similar bump in value. In rankings, from #8 up to #2. Drummond from #21 to #7, and Gobert from #18 to #8.

Per game top 10 are AD #1, Giannis #2, Harden #3, PG13 #4, LBJ #5, KAT #6, Drummond #7, Gober #8t, Curry #9, Vucevic #10.

Looking at total punt FT% value, Giannis rises on top. Harden #2 (even with punt FT...), PG13 #3, AD still #4, then Gobert #5, KAT #6, Vucevic #7, Drummond #8, Jokic #9 and Durant #10.

BBM rankings.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid