3. Utah

4. New Orleans

5. LA Lakers

6. OKC Thunder

7. Portland

8. Denver

I tried. 

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

One guy's opinion in ranking the West.  He's a Utah dude so understand his subjectivity.....

If everybody stays healthy: My “non-expert” pick is.

1. Rockets

2. Warriors

3. Utah

4. Pelicans

5. Thunder

6. Lakers

7. Spurs

8. Portland

Barring no injuries and everybody stays put (Cousins, Kawhi, Rondo).

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Nah. If anything OKC is a little too high. 3/4 no order? Lol. They're not better than the Pelicans. 

Agreed, pretty accurate albeit with Lakers in third, y'all gonna learn really quickly about the Lakers. KCP is a very solid supporting piece, they have at least a mediocre Voltron of centers, Hart is about as good as KCP, Lonzo is great defensively already, and they're about 10 deep with useful players. And for the umpteenth time, this is a bunch of 20-year-olds that will improve quickly. People saying "bbbut they won 35 games last year" getting buoyed by rookies are ignorant. But maybe chemistry will be an issue and it'll take a year. Implying they're on the playoff borderline with San Antonio is just a troll post though. 

• Like 2

Other than Kawhi or Cousins, is there any play they can try to get to take the load off LeBron's shoulders? I find it hard to believe that LeBron will settle for a cast of younger guys if the team can trade for an older player.

Also the leverage is totally gone for the Spurs since the Lakers got LeBron now anyways. I really don't see a need for Boston to risk their assets to get kawhi. I wonder if Kawhi is going to begin the season as a spur

lakers are not yetdone there will be a trade there one way or another

10 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Other than Kawhi or Cousins, is there any play they can try to get to take the load off LeBron's shoulders? I find it hard to believe that LeBron will settle for a cast of younger guys if the team can trade for an older player.

Also the leverage is totally gone for the Spurs since the Lakers got LeBron now anyways. I really don't see a need for Boston to risk their assets to get kawhi. I wonder if Kawhi is going to begin the season as a spur

Weird post.  You start by wondering if there is anything the Lakers can do to improve the team around Lebron indicating you understand they're not a true contender yet.  Then the 2nd paragraph you write, the Lakers don't need Kawhi anymore because they got Lebron.  So which is it?  Do the Lakers need another star to truly contend or are they good standing pat and will be able to compete for championships with the status quo?

And they could trade for either Kawhi or Cousins..... otherwise, they'd have to renounce Randle and move Deng's contract to fit Cousins inside their cap.  The Cousins ship has most likely sailed....

The Cavs is good on paper last year and the result is disappointment.

The Mavs and Suns done tanking, and probably the Kings. So free lunch is rare in the West.

Getting Leonard would be lethal. Lakers backcourt would be a nightmare defensively and offensively. But theyd have to give the house for Kawhi. Ball/Randle/Kuzma/Ingram and first rounders possibly.

Edited by cashvillesent

is Lebron open to playing PG full time? because if yes, I can see Lakers trading Lonzo to help them land Kawhi OR get rid of Deng's contract. If they can get Kawhi, LBJ would be a better fit at PG anyway. PG- LBJ, SG- KCP SF- Kawhi PF- Kuzma (assuming they get to keep him) C- A free agent boogie, favors, maybe even bring back Brook. Lonzo is not a good fit with LBJ, not to mention Lavar will headache to this team

All this talk is great, but what about fantasy?

You have to assume LeBron is going to run the offense less than he did in Cleveland, right, because Ball is at his best when he has the ball in his hands.  This could dovetail nicely with LeBron aging- when it's "easier" to bulk up and play as a big than it is to facilitate through cutting.  That would mean more big man stats, less 15 assist games.  

But is that what you foresee?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

All this talk is great, but what about fantasy?

I guess we have to wait till the Lakers are done retooling their team until we can predict LBJ's fantasy value.

14 minutes ago, Naboo said:

I guess we have to wait till the Lakers are done retooling their team until we can predict LBJ's fantasy value.

Correct, the big question is whether the Lakers land Cousins or Randle, guys that will command some touches, or if it's any combination of other players. Those scenarios would have completely different impacts on his usage. I think he's settling in as a late first at best though. 

I think they will trade ingram, hart, 2 picks, and deng for Kawhi then bring back randle. Starting 5 would be ball, kcp, kawhi, lebron, randle.

12 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Weird post.  You start by wondering if there is anything the Lakers can do to improve the team around Lebron indicating you understand they're not a true contender yet.  Then the 2nd paragraph you write, the Lakers don't need Kawhi anymore because they got Lebron.  So which is it?  Do the Lakers need another star to truly contend or are they good standing pat and will be able to compete for championships with the status quo?

And they could trade for either Kawhi or Cousins..... otherwise, they'd have to renounce Randle and move Deng's contract to fit Cousins inside their cap.  The Cousins ship has most likely sailed....

I think the OP second paragraph was more about the Spurs losing out in maximizing trade value for Kawhi.  Prior to the Lakers signing Lebron, the Spurs could have thought that the Lakers NEEDED to trade for Kawhi in order to have James sign on with the Lakers.  Now, obtaining Kawhi may still be a strong desire for LA, but they don't NEED him anymore to sign Lebron...obviously.  In that sense, San Antonio could have lost some of their leverage, as it seemed like the need to acquire Kawhi was tied to signing Lebron.

That's how I interpreted that OP anyways.

3 hours ago, pduce242424 said:

I think the OP second paragraph was more about the Spurs losing out in maximizing trade value for Kawhi.  Prior to the Lakers signing Lebron, the Spurs could have thought that the Lakers NEEDED to trade for Kawhi in order to have James sign on with the Lakers.  Now, obtaining Kawhi may still be a strong desire for LA, but they don't NEED him anymore to sign Lebron...obviously.  In that sense, San Antonio could have lost some of their leverage, as it seemed like the need to acquire Kawhi was tied to signing Lebron.

That's how I interpreted that OP anyways.

Sorry just got back to this thread now. This is what I meant in my old Post because I read an article that the Spurs traded Leonard as if it guarantees LeBron will join them as well. Now they lost that leverage with the Lakers.

16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Dan Gilbert:

I was about to tip my cap to Gilbert for a classy response until I saw that report that he said "cant wait until he leaves, because I'll get my team back."

6 hours ago, JoeNoIngles said:

I think they will trade ingram, hart, 2 picks, and deng for Kawhi then bring back randle. Starting 5 would be ball, kcp, kawhi, lebron, randle.

Good to see the process of trading away all of the Lakers young talent is already in motion.

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Good to see the process of trading away all of the Lakers young talent is already in motion.

Yep,  same thing happened in Miami and Cleveland 

7 hours ago, JoeNoIngles said:

randle is gone

21 hours ago, stopmakingsense said:

I was about to tip my cap to Gilbert for a classy response until I saw that report that he said "cant wait until he leaves, because I'll get my team back."

Meh.  Gilbert's an imbecile but don't fall for the Klutch Sports hatchet job...... It's not a coincidence the specific report came out within 48 hours of Lebron announcing he was leaving.  

Some interesting read:  https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/after-landing-lebron-james-in-free-agency-what-on-earth-have-the-lakers-done-with-their-roster/ 

TLDR:

Starters: Ball, Caldwell-Pope, Ingram, James, McGee

Reserves: Kuzma, Hart, Rondo, Stephenson, Deng, Moritz Wagner, Ivica Zubac

Yikes. Ay team starting McGee is guaranteed playoff spot :P

18 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Some interesting read:  https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/after-landing-lebron-james-in-free-agency-what-on-earth-have-the-lakers-done-with-their-roster/ 

TLDR:

Starters: Ball, Caldwell-Pope, Ingram, James, McGee

Reserves: Kuzma, Hart, Rondo, Stephenson, Deng, Moritz Wagner, Ivica Zubac

Yikes. Ay team starting McGee is guaranteed playoff spot :P

This is Andre Ingram right

2 minutes ago, Saucy said:

This is Andre Ingram right

I hope so, just for entertainment value