Sign in to follow this  
Magnus88

Last Rotation Spot

Strasburg is now on the DL and I need to replace his spot in the rotation for next week.  The options are:

Mengden vs Houston

Guerra vs Cubs and Phillies

Godley vs Mets

Keeping Strasburg in the spot so my ERA and WHIP aren't hurt

Mengden looked brilliant up until last start.  Godley has clearly been the worst, but the Met match up is very favorable.  Guerra's overall numbers are good, but he's been trending in the wrong direction for the past month.

Guerra

I like Mengden, but going off of match ups, would go with Godley & hope he gets back on track, or keep Stras in to help cats. 

Drop any SP for Clayton Richard vs MIA tomorrow? Thanks & good luck! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Strasburg is now on the DL and I need to replace his spot in the rotation for next week.  The options are:

Mengden vs Houston

Guerra vs Cubs and Phillies

Godley vs Mets

Keeping Strasburg in the spot so my ERA and WHIP aren't hurt

Mengden looked brilliant up until last start.  Godley has clearly been the worst, but the Met match up is very favorable.  Guerra's overall numbers are good, but he's been trending in the wrong direction for the past month.

I'd go:

Guerra

Godley

Stras

Mengden

Guerra is rolling, coming in fresh off three straight QS.  K/BB is 15:1 during that span, including his recent solid outing against a powerful Cleveland lineup.  With 2 starts to accumulate stats, including Mondays tilt against the Cubs who he sports a 1.80 career ERA against, he is who I would roll out first.

Godley has a chance to rebound against a woeful Mets offense, making him second.

5 hours ago, F@ndemonium said:

I'd go:

Guerra

Godley

Stras

Mengden

Guerra is rolling, coming in fresh off three straight QS.  K/BB is 15:1 during that span, including his recent solid outing against a powerful Cleveland lineup.  With 2 starts to accumulate stats, including Mondays tilt against the Cubs who he sports a 1.80 career ERA against, he is who I would roll out first.

Godley has a chance to rebound against a woeful Mets offense, making him second.

Wow you're really down on Mengden.  So I'm assuming you think his last start against the Rangers is a sign of things to come.  He did pitch well against Houston earlier in the season though. 

Did you happen to catch any of Mengden's last start to see what went wrong?

2 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

Wow you're really down on Mengden.  So I'm assuming you think his last start against the Rangers is a sign of things to come.  He did pitch well against Houston earlier in the season though. 

Did you happen to catch any of Mengden's last start to see what went wrong?

Its more-so my expectation of what a lethal Astros offense can do, seeing Mengden for second time.  Of the offenses that your arms are up against, I put Houston atop that list, and for that reason (in addition to a 0-4, 6.23 lifetime mark against the Stros) I am putting DM at the bottom of this list

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2018 at 4:50 PM, F@ndemonium said:

Its more-so my expectation of what a lethal Astros offense can do, seeing Mengden for second time.  Of the offenses that your arms are up against, I put Houston atop that list, and for that reason (in addition to a 0-4, 6.23 lifetime mark against the Stros) I am putting DM at the bottom of this list

Thanks for the Guerra recommendation.  The strikeout totals aren't very impressive, but he continues to be a real asset for ERA and WHIP.  Really needed a rotation boost after Stephen Glassburg hit the DL again.