Sign in to follow this  
einstein2u

Jonathan Loaisiga 2018 Outlook

15 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

could be making a spot start....what is the info on this kid?

I was just searching to see if there was a thread on him. I watched some video of him on YouTube and he reminds me a lot of Jose Berrios with a plus fastball and plus breaking ball. He’s 23 but he doesn’t have a ton of professional innings under his belt. It looks like he returned from TJS last year so I doubt he’ll be throwing a lot of innings in the majors this year, but I may scoop him up in some deeper redrafts if he gets the call.

Watched him pitch some today. Wasn’t impressed. Stuff looked fine... but it was basically the same thing you see in 50 other prospect pitchers. Dunn (Mets prospect) was on the other side and the difference was stark.

• Like 1

Confirmed to start on Thursday against the Rays.

• Thanks 1

since he isn't in Yahoo database we all get to watch his first game. Unless he does really well u should get him for any waivre claim since he will be back in minors before 3 days passes

54 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

since he isn't in Yahoo database we all get to watch his first game. Unless he does really well u should get him for any waivre claim since he will be back in minors before 3 days passes

Not sure that's the case. If he does well, they'll probably keep him up and let him continue taking Tanaka's turns in the rotation. Tanaka isn't due back for another 4 weeks so there's at least 3-4 starts in it for him if he succeeds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hailfire4 said:

he's in now

5 hours ago, absknicks said:

Confirmed to start on Thursday against the Rays.

espn and the yanks' site both say friday (with german thursday...however, still against Tampa)

found f/ bleacher report:

On the surface, Jonathan Loaisiga's AA numbers look iffy (4.32 ERA, .286 BAA, 28 H in 25 IP). But his 3.29 FIP, 32/3 K/BB and 29% FB% are all trending in the right direction. Is he ready for MLB? Probably not. But in a lot of ways, he's the best option for Friday's start.

from prospects365:

• It’s time for the Yankees to see what they’ve got in Jonathan Loaisiga at the big league level. An undersized 23 year old, Loaisiga been electric this season while pitching at levels in which he probably doesn’t belong. The right-hander has 54 strikeouts in 43 IP between High-A and AA, combining to post a minuscule 2.30 ERA between the stops. Oh, he’s only walked four batters. The entire season. Again, that’s four walks in 43 IP. That seems good. Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported on Sunday that Loaisiga was in-line for a spot start with the Yankees nearly a week ago before a rain out altered their rotation plans, so the fact Loaisiga has 23 career IP above High-A doesn’t mean too much. According to Fangraphs, the right-hander has never logged more than 68.2 IP during his professional career (and that was in 2013 when Loaisiga was a member of the Giants organization). Loaisiga didn’t pitch in games in either 2014 or 2015, and he only managed 2.1 IP in 2016. What an interesting career path. Obviously, the workload moving forward is a huge concern for Loaisiga, especially if he’s playing a role in our big league fantasy rotation. Rosenthal was the first to mention that Loaisiga may fill the void in New York’s rotation left by Tanaka, and it makes a ton of sense. It’s a bit of a bold take, but I think the right-hander may enjoy a bit of a breakout in the big leagues if he gets the opportunity. ‘Dynamic’ is the word I would use to describe both his fastball and breaking ball. You can watch a couple of GIFs of Loaisiga’s breaking ball here, along with a write up on Loaisiga’s inclusion on Fangraphs’ ‘The Fringe Five’. Continue to refresh Twitter to see if Loaisiga gets his opportunity to shine in the Yankees rotation. If he does and you have any room in your rotation, you should consider giving him a shot.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool @WTP333 I am on board.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Cool @WTP333 I am on board.  Thanks!

Don’t blame me if he gets shelled lol 

I jumped on him in a deep league, too, though haha

Edited by WTP333
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Don’t blame me if he gets shelled lol 

I jumped on him in a deep league, too, though haha

Deal!  hahaha.

Not a deep league but everyone hoards starting pitchers.  Most carry 12 starters so that's 120 off the board.

• Like 1

His name reminds me of lasagna.  surprised the angels haven't traded for him yet

• Haha 1

Scocsia approves

8 hours ago, WTP333 said:

espn and the yanks' site both say friday (with german thursday...however, still against Tampa)

Yeah, my bad. Boone originally misspoke and then corrected himself. It's Friday

• Like 1