So I have the 5th pick this year in our redraft league (12 teams full PPR) Start 1 RB - 2 WR - 1TE and a flex)).  I know for a fact the first four picks will be in this order, Gurley, Bell, Elliot, and David Johnson.  Sooo that leaves me with Antonio Brown .....Right?  Only problem is with starting only 1 RB I really want to get a RB with my first pick (Kamara or Barkley) is that crazy not to take Brown?  I think WR is deeper than RB this year, I can still get Evans (sometimes) TY, Fitz in the second round.  Whereas the best RB available has been Freeman who I never been a big fan of.  Just looking for opinions/options you guys think.

No, in a PPR league, you have to take Antonio Brown.  The man was the #3 PPR WR in 2013, and the #1 PPR WR in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017--despite missing 1 game in 2016 and 2 games in 2017.  You just don't get guaranteed production like that anywhere else.

You may have to swallow your dislike of Devonta Freeman; he missed two games last year (and the Falcons' offense as a whole regressed a bit in 2017), but he was the #6 PPR RB in 2016 and the #1 PPR RB in 2015, averaging 63.5 receptions, 1,590 combined yards and 13.5 TDs over those two years.  He should be good enough to be a credible RB1 in a 12-team league, especially when you're also sporting Antonio Brown.  And who knows; maybe Dalvin Cook or LeSean McCoy will fall to you if you really hate Freeman--but if Freeman is your worst-case scenario, then you really have nothing to lose.

1.5  Antonio Brown

2.8 Devonta Freeman

3.5 Jay Ajayi (no LeGarrette Blount any more)

4.8 Deshaun Watson (averages 10 fantasy points more per week than Russell Wilson)

5.5 Larry Fitzgerald/Marvin Jones (both top-12 fantasy WRs last year)

6.8 Tevin Coleman (both handcuffs Freeman and can be started as a top-25 RB in his own right)

7.5 Julian Edelman/Pierre Garcon (both PPR beasts)

8.8 JAX D (clear positional advantage over every other defense)

9.5 Chris Thompson (makes a great flex option in PPR)

10.8 Jamison Crowder/Allen Hurns (also good flex options)

11.5 Jack Doyle (#5 TE last year on a ppg basis; even better if Luck returns)

12.8 Alex Smith (has a Week 4 bye in case Watson gets hurt, in an offense that suits his skillset, and the double-dip potential with Chris Thompson)

13.5 Corey Clement (Ajayi handcuff)

14.8 George Kittle (top 10 TE in the weeks Garoppolo started last season)

15.5 Matt Prater (good offense, home dome, no real solid goalline RB)

There's your championship team right there.

• Like 1

If you're looking for a RB, I'd take Melvin Gordon at 5 and feel good about it.

It's ultimately your call, but I think Antonio Brown-Devonta Freeman is a much better start than Alvin Kamara-Mike Evans. Just my $.02

AB is the way to go with you're pick. 

This is similar to my situation.   But I'm at the 4th spot.   In all the mock drafts I've done, I like my team better when I take AB (or even Hopkins if Brown is gone) with that pick.

When I take an RB with that spot, I don't like my choices for WR at the 2.7.   I end up having to decide to gamble on Amari bouncing back or one of a group of WR that might be safer but don't have as much WR1 potential.    

I usually end up with Freeman or McKinnon as my RB1.   We start 2 RB so I'll try to grab 3 or 4 more. 

AB is the no brainer. If you want to go RB and find that valuable Elite RB1, Kamara might be a good option. Depends on how you want your roster constructed.

If it wasn't PPR then your RB strat is sound. But like Axe Elf pointed out, that consistent production from Brown in PPR is too good. Plus there should be plenty of RBs that are great besides Freeman if you don't like that pick. Someone like Cook or someone else could fly under radar due to injuries last year. I'd go Brown without blinking.