• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
RMJ_12

2018 Biggest Busts

ok, you know what you are talking about.

(quick question: who cares about 2015 rankings anyway?)

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Seeing how Cousins was 3rd in the league in passing yards in 2016 (500 more than Rodgers).  I'd say I know what I'm talking about.

F.Y.I. with the same # of yards he would have been #1 overall in passing yards in 2017.

All the while having only 25 tds.  Because your supposed top 5 core has nobody that can win one on one in the redzone.

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

All the while having only 25 tds.  Because your supposed top 5 core has nobody that can win one on one in the redzone.

His career high is 29, let's not overthink this.  Maybe he's just not a top 5 QB.

9 minutes ago, Winky said:

ok, you know what you are talking about.

(quick question: who cares about 2015 rankings anyway?)

2016*

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

His career high is 29, let's not overthink this.  Maybe he's just not a top 5 QB.

Yes in 15 when I said he had his best core.  Reed was healthy and could win in the red zone.  But you mentioned 16 because of his yards.

8 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Yes in 15 when I said he had his best core.  Reed was healthy and could win in the red zone.  But you mentioned 16 because of his yards.

That was the same group of receivers, including Reed for 2 less games.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I wasn't saying Thielen was too old.  I was saying Diggs was good when he was 21 years old.  Thielen wasn't good until he was 26 years old.

Incredibly important point.  Thielen has overcome obstacles that most NFL hopefuls never could.  He was not a marquis name or a high draft pick.  NFL scouts would probably not consider him to be the classic type of build /speed /size / athleticism.  Not from a national powerhouse college program.  And on and on.

So Thielen scrapped and clawed and worked and strove until he finally broke out.  At 26.  With a quarterback who targeted him with safe throws to an absurd degree.  And he put up fair numbers in 2017.  That TD total is pretty low.

Chances are, that was the best season we are ever going to see from Thielen.  And good for him, he is a really nice story.

Diggs at 24 is mostly the opposite of all that.  Instead of peaking, Diggs has likely not yet done so.  In my view, Diggs has barely scratched the surface.  Part of it is learning to keep his body healthy for an entire season.  That's on Diggs.  Part of it has been putrid to mediocre QB play when Bradford has been hurt or limited.

Now that Cousins is in town and Diggs is another year closer to physical and psychological maturity, it seems to me that the sky's the limit.  Slaves to last years stats or cautious ppr-types will probably prefer Thielen to Diggs for 2018.  It is my belief that they will be making a big mistake.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Posted (edited)

Diggs needs to prove he can stay healthy for an entire year. Every single year he gets hurt[ie hamstring,ankle,] misses several games and or is listed as questionable for several others. The talent is obviously there, and it is a contract year if you subscribe to that narrative. This coming from a Vikings fan.

Edited by 2blackaces

Jordan Reed, Tyler Eifert, Jordy Nelson, Kelvin Benjamin, Dak Prescott

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Jordan Reed, Tyler Eifert, Jordy Nelson, Kelvin Benjamin, Dak Prescott

Don't you have to be drafted before the double-digit rounds to be a potential bust candidate?

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

Don't you have to be drafted before the double-digit rounds to be a potential bust candidate?

Tom Brady, Jimmy Graham, Julian Edelman. 

Hopefully this is different enough from the 2018 busts thread. Inspired by @RMJ_12 ‘s post in the Odell thread. Each year there’s 1-2 first round busts that can reall f--- over your season. 

“Of course it matters.  You can't win your league in the first few rounds of your draft but you can certainly lose it.  Jay Ajayi, DeMarco Murray, and Jordy Nelson all went at the 1-2 round turn last season. “

Who do you think those those will Be this year? If I had to give a name rn it would be Alvin kamara 

• Thanks 1

I have a hard time believing Kamara will bust with his receiving skills and the offense he plays in.

I think the most obvious choice is Melvin Gordon.

Seriously where’s the edit button?

anyways I think kamara has bust potential bc of volume. Did he ball out last year with low volume? Yes. Is it possible he does it again? Yea, but I’m not sure how likely that is. Another thing to note is I’m not sure kamara will be a 3 down back in those first 4 games. I see a lot of people predicting that he’ll be a bell cow then and just never look back even once Ingram returns. If that happens then he’ll certianly be woth the first, but again, are we sure that’s the most likely scenario? Ingram himself is also a Good back and made the pro bowl. At worst, he’ll still be the goal line back and steal tds away from kamara. I can’t think of another first round rb that isn’t the bell cow on his team. 

It all depends on who's going in the first. I can pick geno smith in the first lol.

which adp are you using? 12 teams?

2 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I have a hard time believing Kamara will bust with his receiving skills and the offense he plays in.

I think the most obvious choice is Melvin Gordon.

Why’s that? Minus his rookie no td season he’s been a great fantasy back. Stat wise I know he’s not the best, but chargers seem happy with him and he gets receptions too

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

It all depends on who's going in the first. I can pick geno smith in the first lol.

which adp are you using? 12 teams?

I do all my drafts on ESPN so I would say to use that, but I’m fine with whatever sites adp you want to use. The top 12 players should be pretty similar 

Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt for me

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

You can't win your league in the first few rounds of your draft but you can certainly lose it.

I don't really think you can lose it in the first few rounds either.  Every year, you could pretty much draft a Kicker in Round 1 and a Defense in Round 2, and if you get the rest of your picks right and stay active on the waiver wire, you can still put together a championship team.

For instance, last year you could have gone:

1. Greg Zuerlein

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Kareem Hunt

4. Keenan Allen

5. Travis Kelce

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Russell Wilson

8. Adam Thielen

9. Duke Johnson

10. Marvin Jones

11. Dion Lewis

12. Alvin Kamara

13. Robert Woods

And coasted to the Championship.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't really think you can lose it in the first few rounds either.  Every year, you could pretty much draft a Kicker in Round 1 and a Defense in Round 2, and if you get the rest of your picks right and stay active on the waiver wire, you can still put together a championship team.

1. Greg Zuerlein

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Kareem Hunt

4. Keenan Allen

5. Travis Kelce

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Russell Wilson

8. Adam Thielen

9. Duke Johnson

10. Marvin Jones

11. Dion Lewis

12. Alvin Kamara

13. Robert Woods

Ok now take hindsight out of it. Anyone with a draft like that should recognize 1. It’s not repeatable and 2. They could’ve had a better team if they didn’t throw away their first two picks 

also guess my thread wasnt different enough since it was merged with this lol

8 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Ok now take hindsight out of it. Anyone with a draft like that should recognize 1. It’s not repeatable and 2. They could’ve had a better team if they didn’t throw away their first two picks 

The point being that you can't win OR lose your league in the first two rounds of the draft.

1 minute ago, Axe Elf said:

The point being that you can't win OR lose your league in the first two rounds of the draft.

Ok if you really want to nitpit this, replace “lose your league” with “severely decrease your chance of winning he league” 

like cmon, you know what I meant 

Another valuable post from the Axe Elf.

• Haha 1

Saquan Barkley

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

1. Greg Zuerlein

2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Kareem Hunt

4. Keenan Allen

5. Travis Kelce

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Russell Wilson

8. Adam Thielen

9. Duke Johnson

10. Marvin Jones

11. Dion Lewis

12. Alvin Kamara

13. Robert Woods

Then why didn't you?

And if you had the perfect Draft Kings lineup in week 1, you could have won a BILLION dollars!!!

Edited by RMJ_12