RMJ_12

2018 Biggest Busts

Recommended Posts

On 6/16/2018 at 12:36 PM, RMJ_12 said:

Hate to say it but I'm adding Evan Engram.  5th ranked TE last year with 115 targets.  No way he comes close to that this year.

 

He's gonna be very red zone TD dependent. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Also let me add tyreek Hill to eh bust list. Any rapport he had with Smith is now irrelevant and frankly I’m not convinced he’s a better wr than Watkins. Watkins has been played by injury but has still flashed great potential. Both WRs are deep threats too, but Watkins seems to be more than just that. Not sure I can say the same for Hill. 

 

Take this with a grain of salt though as I admittedly don’t know much about hill. However, the KC offense and Watkins are different stories 

watkins was probably better a few years ago but today i think hill is a better player 

 

im sure hill was on the bust list last year too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Also let me add tyreek Hill to eh bust list. Any rapport he had with Smith is now irrelevant and frankly I’m not convinced he’s a better wr than Watkins. Watkins has been played by injury but has still flashed great potential. Both WRs are deep threats too, but Watkins seems to be more than just that. Not sure I can say the same for Hill. 

 

Take this with a grain of salt though as I admittedly don’t know much about hill. However, the KC offense and Watkins are different stories 

 

Plus Im sure Watkins will get more than the 62 targets that Albert Wilson got and he's more of a red zone threat than Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Also let me add tyreek Hill to eh bust list. Any rapport he had with Smith is now irrelevant and frankly I’m not convinced he’s a better wr than Watkins. Watkins has been played by injury but has still flashed great potential. Both WRs are deep threats too, but Watkins seems to be more than just that. Not sure I can say the same for Hill. 

 

Take this with a grain of salt though as I admittedly don’t know much about hill. However, the KC offense and Watkins are different stories 

Hill says that if he flies down the field, Mahomes can throw it as far as he wants and Hill will be able to run to it.

“There’s no quarterback who can overthrow me. It’s not even possible,” Hill said.

 

 

I think he heard you :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, Experienced Rookie said:

What is it with that dude? It's like the league is playing Hot Potato with him, and the last one holding him has to give him a huge contract. 

 

He is a pretty good receiver that was not a very good fit with the Patriots offense and fell out of favor in New Orleans when he complained about his lack of targets. I was originally quite against the trade to New England but it looks like the Saints offense ended up running just fine without him. I think he is getting drafted a tad bit early as his current ADP (27 overall) but I don't see why he can't have a decent season in that offense. My only concern is that the offense might just run the hell out of Gurley and pass a bit less since their defense is projected to be so good. However, even in that case they only tossed the ball 518 times last season (ranked #24) but were just very efficient. 

Edited by metalmat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combined PPR fantasy points over the last four years:

 

1.  Antonio Brown 1380.7
2.  Julio Jones 1183.6
3.  DeAndre Hopkins 1069.3
4.  Demaryius Thomas 1040.5
5.  Odell Beckham, Jr. 984.9
6.  Mike Evans 963.1
7.  Jarvis Landry 943.3
8.  Larry Fitzgerald 938.2
9.  TY Hilton 919.3
10. Golden Tate 915.9
11. Doug Baldwin 915.0
12. AJ Green 892.2
13. Brandin Cooks 860.4

 

Cooks is the only one on the list to have been on two different teams over the four year period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Combined PPR fantasy points over the last four years:

 

1.  Antonio Brown 1380.7
2.  Julio Jones 1183.6
3.  DeAndre Hopkins 1069.3
4.  Demaryius Thomas 1040.5
5.  Odell Beckham, Jr. 984.9
6.  Mike Evans 963.1
7.  Jarvis Landry 943.3
8.  Larry Fitzgerald 938.2
9.  TY Hilton 919.3
10. Golden Tate 915.9
11. Doug Baldwin 915.0
12. AJ Green 892.2
13. Brandin Cooks 860.4

 

Cooks is the only one on the list to have been on two different teams over the four year period.

 

Holy Antonio Brown batman! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Holy Antonio Brown batman! 

 

Right?  And how about Demaryius Thomas as one of only four WRs to score at least 1000 points over the last four years?  That really surprised me.  OBJ would have done it too if he hadn't missed most of last year.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Right?  And how about Demaryius Thomas as one of only four WRs to score at least 1000 points over the last four years?  That really surprised me.  OBJ would have done it too if he hadn't missed most of last year.

 

So with a better QB in Denver, do you think Thomas's floor is last year's production?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K197040 said:

So with a better QB in Denver, do you think Thomas's floor is last year's production?

 

Yeah, basically.  He was the WR16 last season, I can't see him not being in the top 15 this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Yeah, basically.  He was the WR16 last season, I can't see him not being in the top 15 this year.

Four year averages can be pretty misleading when you have an aging player sinking like a stone.  I bet Jordy Nelson's four year average (of seasons played) looked fantastic heading into 2017.  We all know what happened next...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Four year averages can be pretty misleading when you have an aging player sinking like a stone.  I bet Jordy Nelson's four year average (of seasons played) looked fantastic heading into 2017.  We all know what happened next...

 

Rodgers broke his collarbone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Four year averages can be pretty misleading when you have an aging player sinking like a stone.  I bet Jordy Nelson's four year average (of seasons played) looked fantastic heading into 2017.  We all know what happened next...

 

Yep.  He averaged a measly 19.5 PPR fantasy points per game in the four weeks he played until his QB went down.

 

With Demaryius Thomas, it's just the opposite--he finished as the WR16 without a QB, and now he's got one.

 

Edited by Axe Elf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Yep.  He averaged a measly 19.5 PPR fantasy points per week until his QB went down.

 

With Demaryius Thomas, it's just the opposite--he finished as the WR16 without a QB, and now he's got one.

Except Jordy was QB dependent with Aaron Rodgers.

 

Demaryius now has a career backup whose had one decent season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't get too excited guys.  Demaryius is a 30 year old WR with a history of lower leg injuries.  He's gone downhill for 3 straight years now.

 

How much better was Case Keenum in 2017 than Trevor Semien in 2016?

Edited by RMJ_12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

32 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

That didn't seem to slow Adams down. 

 

he's blossomed into a very productive WR and the WR1 of that team, which is great to see after his rough beginnings. Jordy still scored 6 TDs and likely would have had another very productive season with a healthy Rodgers. they had that deep sideline ball down to an artform. that said, I'm not big on Jordy at all this season (for likely obvious reasons aka Bronco homerism)

Edited by lolcopter
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Don't get too excited guys.  Demaryius is a 30 year old WR with a history of lower leg injuries.  He's gone downhill for 3 straight years now.

 

A 30-year old who’s played 96 regular season games straight, who’s guaranteed to net 1000 yards and 5-10 TDs, all this for the low low price of a Round 3 pick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

 

How much better was Case Keenum in 2017 than Trevor Semien in 2016?

 

Lots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Demaryius is a 30 year old WR with a history of lower leg injuries.  He's gone downhill for 3 straight years now.

 

Yeah, when you go from Peyton Manning to Brock Osweiler to Trevor Siemien to Paxton Lynch you might expect to see a bit of a decline.

 

But 30 isn't a cliff for WRs (more like 33-35), and with a credible QB this season, I can't see Thomas doing any worse than last season (with the usual caveat of "barring injury," which is pretty much assumed for any performance-based projections).

 

I've always been a Thomas-snubber when he was being drafted in the 2nd round.  But the draft value he represents this year as a top-15 WR available in the 5th round is too great to ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Axe Elf said:

 

Yeah, when you go from Peyton Manning to Brock Osweiler to Trevor Siemien to Paxton Lynch you might expect to see a bit of a decline.

You except a decline going from Brock Osweiler to Trevor Siemien? Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Lots

Apparently you didn't look it up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

A 30-year old who’s played 96 regular season games straight, who’s guaranteed to net 1000 yards and 5-10 TDs, all this for the low low price of a Round 3 pick.

Well.. he's actually going in the 5th lol, but he hasn't scored anywhere near 10 TD's in 3 consecutive seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:
2 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

How much better was Case Keenum in 2017 than Trevor Semien in 2016?

 

Apparently you didn't look it up lol

 

It's not that I didn't look it up, just that I don't think I can add anything new that wasn't already pointed out in the Keenum thread. I can paste some highlights (see below), but I'd suggest you read through the Keenum thread. More than that, watch some of his highlights from last year: true, he's been mediocre for four years in the NFL, but last year, his fifth, Keenum played outstandingly. Not just good. I'm not suggesting he'll dominate QBs this coming season, but yes, he's an upgrade over 2016 Semien's 59% completion rate and 1.8:1 TD:INT ratio (Keenum at 67.6% completion / 3.1:1 TD:INT).

 

If you don't see Keenum as an upgrade, if you don't see DThomas as a value pick assured to outproduce his ADP, that's on you.

 

Here are some goodies from the Keenum thread, and more.

 

On 3/13/2018 at 2:33 PM, lolcopter said:

Screen_Shot_2018_03_13_at_10.40.01_AM.pn

 

On 4/18/2018 at 8:58 PM, lolcopter said:

 

 

CtDDtGf_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

uVpq5Vr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

AcrobaticKeyGoa-max-1mb.gif

adams-screen.gif?w=499&h=271

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

That didn't seem to slow Adams down. 

 

Not that Im defending how bad Nelson was last season, but there was no way that Hundley was going to support 2 WRs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.