ponza88

Rate It! First PPR Draft of 2018

Hey All!

Rate my first PPR Team of the season! I haven't done much research, but I think this is a good team. If you can provide input on selections / players, team construction, I would really appreciate it!

QB: Brees
RB: Gurley
RB: McCaffrey
WR: Gordon
WR: A.Rob
TE: Burton
FLEX: McCoy
D/ST: Vikings
K: Gostkowski

BENCH:
Brandin Cooks, Watkins, Crowder, Cohen, Lamar Miller, Montgomery, Jordan Matthews

Thanks! I appreciate all of your input

At first glance, your team is pretty good. I'd say your weakest position is WR. How many teams are in this league, 12? I like your RBs a lot. Depending on how many teams are in your league, and their depth at RB/WR you may be able to trade some RB depth to upgrade at WR.

• Like 1

I struggle with taking Burton that high due to his Week 5 Bye.   I'd like to have a little more time to figure out how the rest of my team is going to do before having to drop one of them that early. 

But the team looks pretty good.  Agree with the above that WR could be your weak spot with Gordon being a risky WR1.

How many teams? Hard to say without that info.

Solid team for ppr. How many teams?

im not sold on burton yet so you might need another TE

I would assume it's probably 14 teams or more; half of his bench is going undrafted in most 10-12 team leagues.

You must believe in Trubisky a lot, to sport both ARob and Burton--especially when Gordon is a pretty big longshot as a WR1.

You'll have to be active during the season to make it work.

13 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I would assume it's probably 14 teams or more; half of his bench is going undrafted in most 10-12 team leagues.

You must believe in Trubisky a lot, to sport both ARob and Burton--especially when Gordon is a pretty big longshot as a WR1.

Half his bench is going undrafted? Literally every player aside from J Matthews is being drafted in 10-12 team leagues currently.

• Like 1

It looks good but why did you're league draft so early? Preseason didn't even start yet & injuries can happen at anytime. You're commish should of had it in the very last week of August. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

You need to brush up on your ADP Axe. His whole bench is getting drafted in 12 team leagues; maybe not 10.

solid team...would have waited on the QB...but, that bench is nice..RB's nice.....agree Burton a bit suspect...not sure of the other teams in the league..but, I would try to to pair Brees/Rob or Brees/Gordon for like a cousins/adams or Stafford/mthomas..something like that....

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 12:09 PM, ponza88 said:

Hey All!

Rate my first PPR Team of the season! I haven't done much research, but I think this is a good team. If you can provide input on selections / players, team construction, I would really appreciate it!

QB: Brees
RB: Gurley
RB: McCaffrey
WR: Gordon
WR: A.Rob
TE: Burton
FLEX: McCoy
D/ST: Vikings
K: Gostkowski

BENCH:
Brandin Cooks, Watkins, Crowder, Cohen, Lamar Miller, Montgomery, Jordan Matthews

Thanks! I appreciate all of your input

A little RB-heavy, but all of your RBs have good hands.

I'd suggest that one or two of the RBs should've been sacrificed for a more reliable WR (or TE). Cohen or Miller would've been fine in the PPR FLEX if getting rid of McCoy could've netted you Diggs, Baldwin, Theilen, Kelce, Ertz.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2018 at 5:53 PM, Axe Elf said:

Lol you think he can get Gurley, Mccaffery and Mccoy in a 14 team league??  Odds are you can't even get them in a 12 team league.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

A little RB-heavy, but all of your RBs have good hands.

I'd suggest that one or two of the RBs should've been sacrificed for a more reliable WR (or TE). Cohen or Miller would've been fine in the PPR FLEX if getting rid of McCoy could've netted you Diggs, Baldwin, Theilen, Kelce, Ertz.

This. Your RB depth is great- trade something to beef up WR/TE and you're sittin' purty.

*edit I just realized I already responded to this. At least I'm consistent....

Edited by DrUnK_EsKiMo
  • Haha 1

Im still super confused by all these responses without knowing the league size. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guys... 10 Teamer, Free ESPN PPR League. Just wanted to get my feet wet early this year.

Thanks for all the responses. 

Axe, I'd love to play against you to see if you actually know what you're talking about. Throughout the years, I defended people who would defend you, yet you always throw some sort of veiled hatred towards me.

In no way is this team as bad as you say it is.

Let's do it... no best ball league crap. $50 League, PPR, 12 Team.

Edited by ponza88

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Guys... 10 Teamer, Free ESPN PPR League. Just wanted to get my feet wet early this year.

Axe, I'd love to play against you to see if you actually know what you're talking about. Throughout the years, I defended people who would defend you, yet you always throw some sort of veiled hatred towards me.

You are in luck!

I have recently opened applications to the first ever MANAGED league I have proposed to members of the RotoWorld community--in particular, followers of the "Axe Elf's 2018 Players, Teams and Leagues" thread.  I'll link you to the post (I think you have to click on the diagonal arrow in the upper right to go directly to the post; otherwise it just takes you to the thread--I think)...

4 hours ago, ponza88 said:

It's a pretty bad team then. Was assuming 12 and thought it was pretty good. Lots of teams in 10 team leagues look stacked.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2018 at 6:26 PM, dmb3684 said:

It's a pretty bad team then. Was assuming 12 and thought it was pretty good. Lots of teams in 10 team leagues look stacked.

Knowing it's a 10 team PPR league- I have to agree. If this was standard you'd be fine, but being that weak at WR in PPR sucks. You really need to start moving RB depth for WRs. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2018 at 10:02 AM, DrUnK_EsKiMo said:

Knowing it's a 10 team PPR league- I have to agree. If this was standard you'd be fine, but being that weak at WR in PPR sucks. You really need to start moving RB depth for WRs. 

I don't really agree. This team is made to take advantage of a Pass Catching Back in FLEX. Hence the McCoy FLEX.

The WR's on this team are just High-Ceiling WR2's that can turn out to be WR1's on any given week. This ensures that you'll have atleast two RB1's, 1 RB1/2, and two SAFE WR2's that can turn into 1's.

Those WR2's are the "Safe Floor" plays, while the 3 potential RB1's are for winning your weeks.

Edited by ponza88

17 hours ago, ponza88 said:

I don't really agree. This team is made to take advantage of a Pass Catching Back in FLEX. Hence the McCoy FLEX.

The WR's on this team are just High-Ceiling WR2's that can turn out to be WR1's on any given week. This ensures that you'll have atleast two RB1's, 1 RB1/2, and two SAFE WR2's that can turn into 1's.

Those WR2's are the "Safe Floor" plays, while the 3 potential RB1's are for winning your weeks.

Meh, to each his own. We all have our opinions- and you know what they say about those. All guess work until the snaps start flying. Good luck!