Sign in to follow this  
whitesox4

Does a No Closer Strategy work?

I’m in a 12 team H2H 6X6 league. Pitching categories are W, QS, K’s, ERA, WHIP and Saves with 5 SP, 2 RP and 5 bench spots. My closers are Allen and Vizcaino and there isn’t anyone better available to pick up. 

I have a couple SP who are RP eligible so I was thinking about dropping my closers to maximize on SP.  I would obviously be punting on saves but I figure I would increase my chances of winning W, QS and K’s each week in the process and that ERA/WHIP shouldn’t be affected much one way or another.

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, whitesox4 said:

I’m in a 12 team H2H 6X6 league. Pitching categories are W, QS, K’s, ERA, WHIP and Saves with 5 SP, 2 RP and 5 bench spots. My closers are Allen and Vizcaino and there isn’t anyone better available to pick up. 

I have a couple SP who are RP eligible so I was thinking about dropping my closers to maximize on SP.  I would obviously be punting on saves but I figure I would increase my chances of winning W, QS and K’s each week in the process and that ERA/WHIP shouldn’t be affected much one way or another.

Thoughts?

Welcome to the forums!  You are in the wrong thread though.  You want to go up to Fantasy Baseball, and post this in the "Bench Coach Help Forum."  Good luck!