Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE.

Scoring: 1 PPR, 6 pt passing TDs, bonus points at 100 (2 pts) and 200 (4 pts) yards rushing or receiving, and 300 (2 pts) and 400 (4 pts) yards passing.

10 team league, pick 2 keepers (optional), each counts as 1st and 2nd round pick.

Top 4 on my roster:

Zeke

Kamara

OBJ

JuJu

It's PPR. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking about keeping OBJ/Kamara and not keeping Zeke. Talk me out of it...

Posted (edited)

Depending on everyone else's keepers, I might agree with you about keeping OBJ.   I don't agree that there are receivers everywhere.  Especially if the other teams are keeping Brown, Hopkins, Allen, etc.  

Edited by K197040

Yeah, Kamara and Zeke...  WRs may not be EVERYWHERE, but with those starting RBs, you can roll with Juju, Marvin Jones, Edelman and Garcon at WR and be just fine.

As it stands now Kamara and Zeke.

OBJ is a phenom but he's also injured.  Keep the RBs and enjoy your run.  

• Like 1

Another vote for Kamara and Zeke

Ok  didn't mean everywhere but there are great values late for WR.

24 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

As it stands now Kamara and Zeke.

OBJ is a phenom but he's also injured.  Keep the RBs and enjoy your run.  

I see what you did there...

• Like 1

Hmmm, you guys got me second guessing. Maybe I'll keep Zeke and drop OBJ. I was just thinking that with the new toy the NYG drafted on offense, OBJ will have more openings. But with this being a 6 pt passing league, a few teams usually keep the tier 1 QBs (Brady, Rodgers), so I guess there will be enough WR talent left. I just hate the idea of not having a Tier 1 WR in a PPR...

46 minutes ago, DrUnK_EsKiMo said:

Hmmm, you guys got me second guessing. Maybe I'll keep Zeke and drop OBJ. I was just thinking that with the new toy the NYG drafted on offense, OBJ will have more openings. But with this being a 6 pt passing league, a few teams usually keep the tier 1 QBs (Brady, Rodgers), so I guess there will be enough WR talent left. I just hate the idea of not having a Tier 1 WR in a PPR...

What about trading OBJ?  Get an extra draft pick.  Put feelers out, someone must have a worse keeper than OBJ that would be willing to part with.

Workhorse backs are hard to find.  Zeke is a MUST keep. Kamara looked phenomenal last year and should keep it up, especially with Ingram sidelined.  I still temper my expectations on Kamara if he can keep it up for a whole season if he starts to get more touches.  Even though I'm cautious on Kamara I like that he is healthy and worry OBJ may not be 100% with his ankles and hammys this year.

2 hours ago, DrUnK_EsKiMo said:

Who says you can't have one?

Larry Fitzgerald was the #4 PPR WR last year; in 10-team PPR leagues he has an ADP of 4.06 on FFC.  Marvin Jones was close, he was the #12 PPR WR last year, and he has an ADP of 7.05.  Julian Edelman has been a top-15 PPR WR (whenever he's not injured) for the last 4-5 years, and he has an ADP of 6.04.  Juju Smith-Schuster was the #18 PPR WR on a ppg basis last year; now Martavis Bryant is gone and he has a year of experience under his belt, so top 15 is a real possibility, with an ADP of 5.08.  And then there are always the surprise guys, like Adam Thielen last year--you could hit on one of those in the later rounds too.

But heck, if you just took Zeke and Kamara with your first two picks, and Deshaun Watson with your third, you could take the players listed above in rounds 4 (Fitzgerald), 5 (Juju), 6 (Edelman) and 7 (Jones)--and now you have the top QB, two of the top 5 RBs, and four top-15 WRs.  What's not to like?

Keep the RB's you can find or trade for WR's at any time. 

16 hours ago, Big Nate said:

What about trading OBJ?  Get an extra draft pick.  Put feelers out, someone must have a worse keeper than OBJ that would be willing to part with.

Workhorse backs are hard to find.  Zeke is a MUST keep. Kamara looked phenomenal last year and should keep it up, especially with Ingram sidelined.  I still temper my expectations on Kamara if he can keep it up for a whole season if he starts to get more touches.  Even though I'm cautious on Kamara I like that he is healthy and worry OBJ may not be 100% with his ankles and hammys this year.

That is against the rules of a lot of leagues.

18 hours ago, Big Nate said:

What about trading OBJ?  Get an extra draft pick.

We don't do thrades in the off-season. Just keep 2 from last year, draft everything else. I like the idea though lol.

16 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Who says you can't have one?

Larry Fitzgerald was the #4 PPR WR last year; in 10-team PPR leagues he has an ADP of 4.06 on FFC.  Marvin Jones was close, he was the #12 PPR WR last year, and he has an ADP of 7.05.  Julian Edelman has been a top-15 PPR WR (whenever he's not injured) for the last 4-5 years, and he has an ADP of 6.04.  Juju Smith-Schuster was the #18 PPR WR on a ppg basis last year; now Martavis Bryant is gone and he has a year of experience under his belt, so top 15 is a real possibility, with an ADP of 5.08.  And then there are always the surprise guys, like Adam Thielen last year--you could hit on one of those in the later rounds too.

But heck, if you just took Zeke and Kamara with your first two picks, and Deshaun Watson with your third, you could take the players listed above in rounds 4 (Fitzgerald), 5 (Juju), 6 (Edelman) and 7 (Jones)--and now you have the top QB, two of the top 5 RBs, and four top-15 WRs.  What's not to like?

I like your ideas on WRs available. And you and everyone else are right- solid RBs are harder to come by. I may not be on board with you and the D. Watson is the best QB train; but we all got our own favorites. Just don't know that I trust his durability and consistency yet. He is fun to watch though...

13 minutes ago, DrUnK_EsKiMo said:

I like your ideas on WRs available. And you and everyone else are right- solid RBs are harder to come by. I may not be on board with you and the D. Watson is the best QB train; but we all got our own favorites. Just don't know that I trust his durability and consistency yet. He is fun to watch though...

Watson won me all the games he started, he is legit

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Watson won me all the games he started, he is legit

Taken straight from ESPN's player profile:

"Watson was the 12th overall pick in the 2017 draft and had the look of a superstar-in-the-making prior to tearing his ACL prior to Week 9. At that point, Watson had accounted for 21 touchdowns in 26 quarters and had finished four straight weeks as a top-two fantasy quarterback. On the other hand, Watson threw eight interceptions and was off-target on a league-worst 24.0 percent of his throws. Watson clearly needs to improve his efficiency, but he has elite playmaking ability and is only 22 years old. He'll have DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller V at his disposal in 2018, and he adds a ton of value with his legs (269 rushing yards on 36 carries), assuming he returns to full speed. He has one of the highest ceilings in fantasy."

IMO, high risk, high reward. Knees are fickle. You could get the AP recovery, or you could get the guy that always has issues. If he's there in rd 5 I'll take him. I'd just rather have solid depth 1-4 before taking a risk like that. For some background info, I'm VERY hesitant to take risks this season. I typically love taking risky picks, but my top 3 picks last year were Zeke, OBJ, and Jordy Nelson. None of those awere risky. But OBJ got hurt, Rodgers' injury made Jordy useless. And Zeke missed some games. Sooooo, ya I got 9/10 last season. I want consistency in the first 4-5 rds, then I'll go for something. 

1 hour ago, DrUnK_EsKiMo said:

Taken straight from ESPN's player profile:

"Watson was the 12th overall pick in the 2017 draft and had the look of a superstar-in-the-making prior to tearing his ACL prior to Week 9. At that point, Watson had accounted for 21 touchdowns in 26 quarters and had finished four straight weeks as a top-two fantasy quarterback. On the other hand, Watson threw eight interceptions and was off-target on a league-worst 24.0 percent of his throws. Watson clearly needs to improve his efficiency, but he has elite playmaking ability and is only 22 years old. He'll have DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller V at his disposal in 2018, and he adds a ton of value with his legs (269 rushing yards on 36 carries), assuming he returns to full speed. He has one of the highest ceilings in fantasy."

IMO, high risk, high reward. Knees are fickle. You could get the AP recovery, or you could get the guy that always has issues. If he's there in rd 5 I'll take him. I'd just rather have solid depth 1-4 before taking a risk like that. For some background info, I'm VERY hesitant to take risks this season. I typically love taking risky picks, but my top 3 picks last year were Zeke, OBJ, and Jordy Nelson. None of those awere risky. But OBJ got hurt, Rodgers' injury made Jordy useless. And Zeke missed some games. Sooooo, ya I got 9/10 last season. I want consistency in the first 4-5 rds, then I'll go for something. 

There's really no risk in taking Watson.  It's not like when you take a risky RB1 or WR1 in the first couple of rounds, and if they go belly up then you're stuck with a terribly inferior later-round pick to fill in for them all season.  With QBs, you can get yourself a quality top 10 QB in the double-digit rounds of the draft--so back up Watson with Stafford or Ryan, and even if Watson busts, you're probably not going to be hurting much.  But if he doesn't bust, he wins your league for you.

Posted (edited)

Ok-ok, I'm sold on keeping Zeke and Kamara- you all have walked me away from the ledge lol.

Now I'm stuck on this 'what round do I take Watson if he's there' kick. Axe Elf has my gears turning- mainly because it's a 6 pt passing TD league. So here's the top players on everyone's rosters, trying to guess who they're most likely to keep and when Watson will leave the board given what's out there...

1. Me = Zeke & Kamara      the rest= OBJ, JuJu, Cam Newton, Jimmy Graham, Lamar Miller, Robert Woods

2. Aaron Rodgers, C. McCaffrey, Stefon Diggs                                                   * Rodgers for sure (kept him many years) and probably McC

3. Drew Brees, Carlos Hyde, Mike Evans, Demaryius Thomas                        * I think she keeps Brees/Evans

4. Antonio Brown, Kareem Hunt, Melvin Gordon, Amari Cooper                     * Brown/Hunt

5. Phillip Rivers, Shady McCoy, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Luck     * guessing Shady/Hill are kept here

6. David Johnson, Gurley, Jimmy Garoppolo, Leonard Fournette, Keenan Allen, Dez, Cousins     *this team won last year, prob. keeping Gurley/DJ,                                                                      * Plot twist: he's a huge SF fan so maybe he keeps Jimmy?!?

7. Fitz, Dalvin Cook, D. WatsonDeAndre Hopkins     * who knows, maybe he keeps Watson? If not he'd be keeping Cook/Hopkins

8. Brady, LeVeon Bell, Beastmode                                * Most likely Brady/Bell

9. Ajayi, Julio, E. Sanders, M. Ryan, Stafford, AP      * I could see him keeping only Julio, then drafting best available rd 2

10. Russel Wilson, Adam Thielen, A.J. Green            * SEA fan, definitely keeping Wilson, then AJ I'm guessing

Looks like there is plenty of depth to be had at WR for me still. Problem is with it being a 6 pt pass league, QBs score high, so 4 teams are most likely keeping QBs. That leaves me and 5 other teams looking right away for a top QB in rds 3-5. This could be a waste of breath since he may be kept anyways; what round is Watson going? Top guess gets a pat on the back....

Edited by DrUnK_EsKiMo

6 hours ago, DrUnK_EsKiMo said:

Ok-ok, I'm sold on keeping Zeke and Kamara- you all have walked me away from the ledge lol.

Now I'm stuck on this 'what round do I take Watson if he's there' kick. Axe Elf has my gears turning- mainly because it's a 6 pt passing TD league. So here's the top players on everyone's rosters, trying to guess who they're most likely to keep and when Watson will leave the board given what's out there...

1. Me = Zeke & Kamara      the rest= OBJ, JuJu, Cam Newton, Jimmy Graham, Lamar Miller, Robert Woods

2. Aaron Rodgers, C. McCaffrey, Stefon Diggs                                                   * Rodgers for sure (kept him many years) and probably McC

3. Drew Brees, Carlos Hyde, Mike Evans, Demaryius Thomas                        * I think she keeps Brees/Evans

4. Antonio Brown, Kareem Hunt, Melvin Gordon, Amari Cooper                     * Brown/Hunt

5. Phillip Rivers, Shady McCoy, Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Luck     * guessing Shady/Hill are kept here

6. David Johnson, Gurley, Jimmy Garoppolo, Leonard Fournette, Keenan Allen, Dez, Cousins     *this team won last year, prob. keeping Gurley/DJ,                                                                      * Plot twist: he's a huge SF fan so maybe he keeps Jimmy?!?

7. Fitz, Dalvin Cook, D. WatsonDeAndre Hopkins     * who knows, maybe he keeps Watson? If not he'd be keeping Cook/Hopkins

8. Brady, LeVeon Bell, Beastmode                                * Most likely Brady/Bell

9. Ajayi, Julio, E. Sanders, M. Ryan, Stafford, AP      * I could see him keeping only Julio, then drafting best available rd 2

10. Russel Wilson, Adam Thielen, A.J. Green            * SEA fan, definitely keeping Wilson, then AJ I'm guessing

Looks like there is plenty of depth to be had at WR for me still. Problem is with it being a 6 pt pass league, QBs score high, so 4 teams are most likely keeping QBs. That leaves me and 5 other teams looking right away for a top QB in rds 3-5. This could be a waste of breath since he may be kept anyways; what round is Watson going? Top guess gets a pat on the back....

Hard to imagine the Watson owner not keeping Cook and Hopkins, but who knows; maybe he's an Elf disciple.

Watson goes anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th, although I think he's edging more toward the upper end of that range.  I would think the 4th round would still be good, which would mean your second round, after the two rounds of keepers.

Guys not being kept who could go before Watson:

OBJ

MGordon

MThomas (or Hill--can't imagine they would keep Hill over Thomas)

DAdams (or Hill--can't imagine they would keep Hill over Adams)

Fournette

KAllen

Juju

Diggs
Fitz

Thielen

DThomas?

ACooper?

Ajayi?

If you pick real early in the 2nd round after the keepers, you should still be able to nab Watson--especially since the guys who probably buy into the "QB early" stuff will already be keeping guys like Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and Brady--so you really only have to worry about five other owners who, like you, will be drafting their QB1.  If the guys keeping a QB pick ahead of you in the 2nd, you can probably safely discount their picks as well, allowing Watson to drop further in that round.

You understand that a 6 point passing league makes Watson LESS valuable than a 4 point league right?

I might just be confused.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

You understand that a 6 point passing league makes Watson LESS valuable than a 4 point league right?

I might just be confused.

Yeah, you probly are.

Typically, the 6 pt leagues devalue QBs who rely on rushing TDs to make hay when rushing TDs are worth more than passing TDs.  Watson's strength is passing TDs, though (he averaged 4 passing TDs per game in October, but only 0.25 rushing TDs per game), so in a 6 pt league, he's even MORE valuable.

33 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, you probly are.

Typically, the 6 pt leagues devalue QBs who rely on rushing TDs to make hay when rushing TDs are worth more than passing TDs.  Watson's strength is passing TDs, though (he averaged 4 passing TDs per game in October, but only 0.25 rushing TDs per game), so in a 6 pt league, he's even MORE valuable.

You are basically Rush 2.0 at this point. Go away.