NYR Fan 116894

Michael Thomas 2018 Outlook

He’s just saving the rest of his blow up games for the play offs. He can’t have a 30 point game every week. We gotta reserve those for the right time

Overheard in Saints locker room after the game:
“He got me,” Thomas said of Brees throwing wobblers all night. "That f***ing Brees boomed me."
Thomas added, “He’s so bad,” repeating it four times.
Thomas then said he wanted to add Brees to the list of players he wants to retire this summer.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

What a POS, this bum along with his pos qb whose arm is being held together by duct tape, has cost people playoff spots. 

Im playing against him and fighting for the playoffs. Needed a stinker but also have Tyreek, I thought MT would counter 80%  Sorry pal.

I will say that I have never seen brees play so bad, you know even a good qb may have a bad first half and adjust during halftime and blow it up from then on. Brees never found his rhythm, Thomas had to pay for it inevitably.

17 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

He’s just saving the rest of his blow up games for the play offs. He can’t have a 30 point game every week. We gotta reserve those for the right time

his biggest game was vs the rams due to marcus peters blown coverage at the end.

2nd biggest game was WEEK 1 vs TB who probably have the 2nd worst defense in the league

3rd biggest game was WEEK 2 vs a bad CLE secondary

4th biggest game was vs CINCY who have the worst defense right now

his upside might not be as big as we think. teams are game planning for him because the Saints lack weapons.

luckily he faces TB next week because he isn't a matchup proof ELITE WR

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

“He got me,” Thomas said of Brees throwing wobblers all night. "That f***ing Brees boomed me."
Thomas then said he wanted to add Brees to the list of players he wants to retire this summer.

Hilarious post

:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Is this a real thing? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

If he doesn't show up next week, I'll likely be in that boat with you lol.

its tampa he will score a TD. 

12 minutes ago, affliction said:

his upside might not be as big as we think. teams are game planning for him because the Saints lack weapons.

Exactly. Look MT is a really good player, no doubt, but is not on the same level as someone like Deandre Hopkins imo. They have similar stats but MTs situation is better than Hopkins's situation.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Exactly. Look MT is a really good player, no doubt, but is not on the same level as someone like Deandre Hopkins imo. They have similar stats but MTs situation is better than Hopkins's situation.

Alot of his catches are because of perfect passes not separation as well. I would take Diggs over MT

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, affliction said:

Alot of his catches are because of perfect passes not separation as well. I would take Diggs over MT

To funny the Saints fans are ripping on their own player.  If MT played on any team but the Saints his stats would be much better.  The fact he's able to do what he does on a team that spreads it around so much speaks to how good he is.  Just look at Cooks stats in the same offense compared to what he does with the Rams.  Not saying anything bad about the Saints offense but it isn't set up to feed the number WR every game like other teams. 

Also this was his first truly bad game all year.  In the other games he failed to produce it was because the Saints were up huge.

Edited by youngrice
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Yuck. This guys floor is lower than any of the other top receivers. 

Your right no number 1 Wr has a bad game.

Oh besides:

ODJ 4 for 44

Diggs 4 for 17

Hill 2 for 51

Juju 4 for 33

Evans 1 for 16(on 10 targets)

AB 6 for 67(on 17 targets)

Your right he's a bum and can't be trusted.

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Your right no number 1 Wr has a bad game.

Oh besides:

ODJ 4 for 44

Diggs 4 for 17

Hill 2 for 51

Juju 4 for 33

Evans 1 for 16(on 10 targets)

AB 6 for 67(on 17 targets)

Your right he's a bum and can't be trusted.

I’m not saying others haven’t had bad games, but he seems to have them more often than other elite WRs he’s compared to like Thielen, Adams, Brown, Hopkins, Hill, etc. He’s had 3 games in standard of less than 5 points...

That’s simply unacceptable for a guy of his talent.

Edited by TheFire
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, affliction said:

if the guy was on a team where he got as many targets as the undrafted WR3s on his team currently get he'd be a beast. Payton and Brees got too clever and went away from one of their top weapons for one game too many and it cost them. Brees also looked like absolute stinking poo tonight. hopefully they learn and go back to him a bit more next week and Brees gets his head out of his a** and plays like a good qb again. 

MT13's catch radius is enormous and he pretty much never drops anything. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, affliction said:

his biggest game was vs the rams due to marcus peters blown coverage at the end.

2nd biggest game was WEEK 1 vs TB who probably have the 2nd worst defense in the league

3rd biggest game was WEEK 2 vs a bad CLE secondary

4th biggest game was vs CINCY who have the worst defense right now

What are you smoking. Gimme some

Seems to me Brees has shown signs of being worn down this time of season the last 2-3 years.  Payton changed the offense, getting rid of Jimmy Graham, and shortening the  passing game with Kamara to get more miles out of Brees imo.  Payton also has a history of changing up game plans week to week to make it more difficult for defenses to be prepared. 

Unlike the game with the Titans, Dallas was up for and played well on defense, which seems to happen more for Thursday Night games.  Most teams have to use the same game plan as the week before because of the time crunch, which often is not good for offensive production. I dislike when any of my fantasy players have a Thursday Night game for that reason.

Edited by Red Dog