predator_05

Ben Roethlisberger 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, Power-O said:

i had to drop tyrod for dalton...very frustrated when i dropped him for tyrod but you guys are getting to me...i still may start his a** because the steelers are going to play and they will throw the dam ball no matter what

I’m starting Dalton too. He’ll end up much better than Taylor by EOS. I wasn’t worried about Ben’s home/road splits with this game, but you gotta sit him with this forecast. You’ll be fine with those 2 as your QB’s

• Like 1

The over/under opened at 47 (way before the season started), now has dropped to 41, and that still seems really high for a "hurricane"

24-17?

O/U should drop more if the weather forecast holds as we get closer to gametime

I really wish the league would postpone the game but I'm pretty sure it's too late for that now 4 pm on Saturday

7 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

Could be the worst weather of the NFL season according to this meteorologist

Maybe not a disaster after all.

Something to keep an eye on...

I think this game is going to end in relatively quick fashion due to this weather. These teams are gonna run as much as they can and protect their lead or only throw if absolutely necessary. My opinion. Really bad weather games have burned me.

Start anyone aside from AB, Conner, Landry, and Hyde at your own peril.

lol i have ben as a top 6 qb this year with the plan to run more no huddle, the emergence of JuJu smithshoooster, the dissappearance of leveon.  I just hope he plays 16 games.

Anyone leery of him this week due to his career road woes? Personally, I'm starting him in every league I have him since the matchup is too good even though it's away. 

I am tempted to start him, but I also have some chump named Mahomes who also has a good matchup ;) The road/Home sit is a real concern though.

5 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Anyone leery of him this week due to his career road woes? Personally, I'm starting him in every league I have him since the matchup is too good even though it's away. 

Apparently Ben's road woes are tied to the 1pm start times. He's typically done very well in later road games.

Can anyone here check his splits for home/road and early/afternoon/prime time games?

Edited by smeeze

I’m still starting him on the road simply because that TB offense is red hot & PIT’s D is a wreck against the pass. I’m expecting a game like last week against KC where they have to chuck it 50 times to keep up

• Like 1

Easy start for me. Over Stafford. TB’s D is not good. Secondary in particular.

The offensive line stuff definitely has me concerned. 

Edited by Spuds

It’s bad enough that I kept the faith this week with Big Ben on the road & Matt Ryan on my bench ?. Now they’re saying they had a massive downpour in Tampa & they “never tarp the field because it drains well”???  This has the makings of a sloppy 20-16 game with a lot of running

He looked damn good last night. Hopefully he can stay upright and continue to shine on the road unlike the past years.

Dude has a legit shot at breaking the single season passing yards record (5,477 yards).

Perfect recipe: 

-- very good weapons in the passing game

-- seemingly  bad defense that should result in many shoot-outs

-- pass-happy play calling

-- favorable schedule (playoff schedule so juicy @OAK, vs NE, @NO)

Will have his best statistical year and a strong candidate for top 3 QB this season

• Like 1

I've trusted the old clock in 3 straight games and he hasn't let me down. I did not start him in the slop on Week 1. He's produced for me two come back victories so far. My opponent has JuJu and Conner going this week. Don't let me down Ben, don't let me down. Throw to AB please.

I think he bounces back strong against ATL. Could be another 400 yards in a shootout

i'm ready to pick up mariotta or jameis if Ben puts up another crappy home game

Just now, dashoe said:

i'm ready to pick up mariotta or jameis if Ben puts up another crappy home game

Both are available in my league and I picked up Jameis. With Ben you need to be careful, but he's not been awful on the road lately. That first game was in sloppy conditions. I expected that. I had actually dropped him for that game then picked him back up after he cleared waivers. He has a pretty decent road schedule, imo. I will likely sit him at Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Denver.