predator_05

Ben Roethlisberger 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

i'm ready to pick up mariotta or jameis if Ben puts up another crappy home game

Exactly where I'm at, especially with the Bucs @ATL next week.

I hate to roster 2 QBs, but I think Ben is a season-long HODL even during bye week and poor matchups, simply because that playoff schedule

(@OAK, vs NE, @NO) is so good.

A combo of Mariota/Winston and Ben should be at least top 8 ROS

• Like 2

Worried about Ben, will be getting off this ride after the Atlanta game. The awfulness of the CLE and BAL games and his complete disappearance in the second half vs. that awful Tampa D is concerning. This team has been shutout in 3 of 4 second halves this season, CLE BAL and TB shut them down.

• Like 2

Giddy up.

Ben Roethlisberger vs. Falcons (ESPN projection: 19.9): Through four games, the Falcons' pass defense has allowed the eighth-most passing yards, seventh-most touchdown passes, fifth-highest completion percentage and the second-most completions. They are missing four defensive starters and the over/under for this game is 57 (highest for any game this season).

2 hours ago, Tax77 said:

Worried about Ben, will be getting off this ride after the Atlanta game. The awfulness of the CLE and BAL games and his complete disappearance in the second half vs. that awful Tampa D is concerning. This team has been shutout in 3 of 4 second halves this season, CLE BAL and TB shut them down.

Finally. Someone that's reasonable. Ben is somewhat easier to predict, but this team is not as scary without Bell. 

I can't stand owning Ben. Amari Cooper of QB's and you can't afford to have duds as a QB.

3 hours ago, Tutex3 said:

Exactly where I'm at, especially with the Bucs @ATL next week.

I hate to roster 2 QBs, but I think Ben is a season-long HODL even during bye week and poor matchups, simply because that playoff schedule

(@OAK, vs NE, @NO) is so good.

A combo of Mariota/Winston and Ben should be at least top 8 ROS

I like the way you think . I actually have not thought that far ahead. That's a really good plan. Juicy playoff matchups for sure.

Sat Brady for him. Dude needs to come through in a big way. 37-49/427/4 with an INT. Let's get it!

What's the general consensus on Ben this week? Historically, he's been pretty underwhelming @ Cincy.

3 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

What's the general consensus on Ben this week? Historically, he's been pretty underwhelming @ Cincy.

Going to need a shootout to win it.

I duno...i got dalton on the bench....i hate to believe those trends because you cant really predict the future...he has been great overall this yr

Ben’s been great all year so far, no reason to bench him now. I get his road woes, but he’s slinging it. Nice floor, nicer ceiling.

9 minutes ago, Power-O said:

I duno...i got dalton on the bench....i hate to believe those trends because you cant really predict the future...he has been great overall this yr

I hate the match-up in Cincy when they've gotten stronger on defense. The only game I sat Ben was in the sloppy weather in Cleveland and this match-up in The Jungle. I hope he has a great game on my bench. One other factor that went into my decision is my opponent has AB and I want to maximize my points. I think Crab Legs has the best match-up for that. There are only a few games I don't think I'll start Ben. The only other game I worry about is the road game versus the Ravens. Other than that Ben is looking really good the ROS.

Edited by FitzMagic

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I hate the match-up in Cincy when they've gotten stronger on defense. The only game I sat Ben was in the sloppy weather in Cleveland and this match-up in The Jungle. I hope he has a great game on my bench. One other factor that went into my decision is my opponent has AB and I want to maximize my points. I think Crab Legs has the best match-up for that. There are only a few games I don't think I'll start Ben. The only other game I worry about is the road game versus the Ravens. Other than that Ben is looking really good the ROS.

bro he's got the jags week 11.

But yeah i would go crab legs over him this week

I'm cautiously optimistic for this week, and yeah don't have a better option.

I think Ben is a different guy this year. All this healthy eating stuff I think is part of a larger move towards maturity, which means better focus and memory retention. I'm talking about drinking here guys if you don't do nuance.

My biggest confidence about this week comes from the fact that AB finally got off the schneid. I mean that's big yo. 2 TD's last week looked great against a defense that was supposed to funnel passes to the middle of the field, AB got it.

I would like to know if Bengals are better against the run or pass but I'll read the breakdown later this week and it won't affect my decision to start Ben anyway

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 1

Ben is throwing the ball quite a bit right now, if he manages to keep this pace he would be looking at 5400/32/16 at years end. That's some yardage!

Could have had 4 TD's today but it didn't break great for us at all. That one at the end to AB was a big relief. 

Something I noticed today is how well he moves around, how quick on his feet he looks when he's scrambling. Hasn't looked this good in a long time as far as I can remember. Guess that's because he's healthy for the first time in a long time.

Excited for the ROS, high hopes.

Feel much better now that AB has his wifi working again.

Edited by Cotton Jones

fianlly back at home where his splits are obviously better but cleve defense has been good against the pass. how do u guys feel about him this week

8 minutes ago, floppy said:

fianlly back at home where his splits are obviously better but cleve defense has been good against the pass. how do u guys feel about him this week

FIRE HIM UP.

14 minutes ago, floppy said:

I don’t expect Ben to light them up but he should be solid. Bye week rest, time to regroup as an offense, and CLE doesn’t scare me much overall. They’ve given up 21 points in every game but 2. They are opportunistic with turnovers though, so Steelers need to be careful. 

Edited by lvsaint429

I think there's probably better starts this week than Ben. I know he's at home and that last Cleveland game was weird with the weather, but I'm not really feeling him this week. 

Edited by ak427

What are you Big Ben owners doing this week? I know Big Ben is playing away so that's that and Baltimore D is ranked 2nd against QB's, but is Baltimore D as good as the stats say?, I haven't really payed attention to them.

Looking at Baltimore D though they have played some pretty weak QB and the Saints were able to run all over them this past week so they didn't need to throw.

What you guys thinking?

Edited by WVFalcon

Im sticking with him...hope they watched enough film from the past few weeks to have a better way to attack them

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Easy bench for me. Road game against the Ravens? No thanks.

Agree. Bench for me. Would rather roll with Stafford or Fitz.