predator_05

Ben Roethlisberger 2018 Outlook

Ben Roethlisberger has a fractured left (non-throwing) index finger, but the Steelers do not expect him to miss any time.

Even on the non-throwing hand, that is far from ideal for a quarterback, but coach Mike Tomlin did not seem concerned at his Tuesday press conference. Big Ben will undoubtedly get in some limited practices this week. He will be a lower-end QB1 against the Ravens' elite defense.

What a gamer had no idea lol

Anyone else afraid of starting Ben away @ BAL this week? I could see it being one of his worst matchups of the season. He got wrecked by BAL at home week 4.

28 minutes ago, Juke said:

Anyone else afraid of starting Ben away @ BAL this week? I could see it being one of his worst matchups of the season. He got wrecked by BAL at home week 4.

I'm more afraid of what they did to Brees last week lol

4 hours ago, Juke said:

Yeah but I don’t have another option in my dynasty.  Luck and Dalton on bye.

I was thinking of trying to get Ben. His weeks 14-16 schedule goes OAK, NE, NO so the first should be a cakewalk and the last two a shootout. FantasyPros has him outside of the top 12 QBs ROS (ranked 16th). Am I missing something? Why no love? 

28 minutes ago, ahak11 said:

I was thinking of trying to get Ben. His weeks 14-16 schedule goes OAK, NE, NO so the first should be a cakewalk and the last two a shootout. FantasyPros has him outside of the top 12 QBs ROS (ranked 16th). Am I missing something? Why no love? 

Ben's been great man. I made the terrible mistake of benching him last week at BAL (started Stafford, bleh). Not any more. Ben, locked and loaded for me ROS. There isn't a matchup that scares me anymore. 

11@Jax----12@Den----13LAC----14@Oak----15NE----16@NO----

Starting tonight. I've watched a lot of Panthers games this year living in NC and woah buddy that secondary is awful. Should be a good game for Ben

5 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Starting tonight. I've watched a lot of Panthers games this year living in NC and woah buddy that secondary is awful. Should be a good game for Ben

Yup, starting over Ryan and Goff. Killa Cam should be able to put up some points tonight too, making this one of those rare Thursday night shootouts.

30 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Ben's been great man. I made the terrible mistake of benching him last week at BAL (started Stafford, bleh). Not any more. Ben, locked and loaded for me ROS. There isn't a matchup that scares me anymore. 

11@Jax----12@Den----13LAC----14@Oak----15NE----16@NO----

i dont like @ jax but i feel pretty good about the rest of it.

Big Ben's Home/Road splits are pretty well documented, and it's obviously a good thing he's playing at home. I decided to take a deeper look at some of his other splits and they're quite favorable for tonight. There's some small sample size qualifiers here, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Here are his splits broken down by day:

A0bLeTA.png

His completion %, QB rating and yards per attempt are all higher on Thursday than any other night.

Here are his splits broken down by game time:

qKb79ML.png

Again, his completion %, QB rating and yards per attempt are all higher in primetime games. 

There's not a whole lot of information to be gleaned here, but it's clear that a Thursday night primetime game at home is the best recipe for Ben's success.

• Like 1

I think Ben is a good play tonight... just wondering if he’s a better play than a guy like mahomes this week who’s an auto start but the game may be over by the second quarter and they just go to the run....

7 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Predictions for tonight?

I'll start:

31/46, 298, 3/1

lol exact same line as the fearless forecast on yahoo'

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

lol exact same line as the fearless forecast on yahoo'

lol is it really? I swear on anyone in my family's graves that I didn't copy and paste Yahoo's. It's a sign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Big Ben's Home/Road splits are pretty well documented, and it's obviously a good thing he's playing at home. I decided to take a deeper look at some of his other splits and they're quite favorable for tonight. There's some small sample size qualifiers here, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Here are his splits broken down by day:

A0bLeTA.png

His completion %, QB rating and yards per attempt are all higher on Thursday than any other night.

Here are his splits broken down by game time:

qKb79ML.png

Again, his completion %, QB rating and yards per attempt are all higher in primetime games. 

There's not a whole lot of information to be gleaned here, but it's clear that a Thursday night primetime game at home is the best recipe for Ben's success.

last weeks game @ ravens was one of those that was supposed to be terrible for ben - road game at 1 pm

he was 28 for 47, 270 yds 2 td's plus a td on the ground.

ravens d aint no joke either.

i think we might see the narrative on ben's home/road splits start to change

Edited by Cotton Jones

1 minute ago, fingers said:

Who's starting big Ben tonight? On the fence over here..

Why?

• Thanks 1

I am starting him tonight, over Baker Mayfield vs Falcons.

Panthers are gonna score a lot, shootout potential.

34 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

I’m sooo torn.  Big Ben or Fitzmagic?  

I'm in the same boat with these two. I thing I'm rolling Big Ben though.

3 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

I'm in the same boat with these two. I thing I'm rolling Big Ben though.

I think I just trust Big Ben more.  Being a chiefs fan I want to see the Steelers lose which makes this oh so more difficult