predator_05

Ben Roethlisberger 2018 Outlook

Geesh he was DREADFUL through 3 quarters! But thank God he managed another solid game. He went from -3 points to 34 points, what a swing.

16 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Think he proved today, he's set and forget

results-oriented thinking in full bloom

most of us saw how the game went. chances are, very few here have a better option at qb because ben is having an elite year, but come on.

Edited by Cotton Jones

13 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

results-oriented thinking in full bloom

most of us saw how the game went. chances are, very few here have a better option at qb because ben is having an elite year, but come on.

Another game like that and I’ll be sprouting gray hair!!!     Yeeessh.....

but his point does have merit..Ben has proven he can stink badly for 3.5 quarters and still go off.     That’s a matchup he’s always struggled with too. 

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Another game like that and I’ll be sprouting gray hair!!!     Yeeessh.....

but his point does have merit..Ben has proven he can stink badly for 3.5 quarters and still go off.     That’s a matchup he’s always struggled with too. 

saying a near miracle finish proves that ben is "set it and forget it" is results-oriented thinking in full bloom.

sorry, i know this is an unpopular stance in the ben roethlisberger outlook thread. i drafted him too. i strive for objective analysis 

6 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

saying a near miracle finish proves that ben is "set it and forget it" is results-oriented thinking in full bloom.

sorry, i know this is an unpopular stance in the ben roethlisberger outlook thread. i drafted him too. i strive for objective analysis 

I care not for the popular stance, but you’re asking us to ignore pertinent data.   

A brutal game that he salvaged with brilliant play in a half quarter.   

• Like 1

what is the bickering for? i mean yes i was sick to my stomach most of the day but god when ben pulled that s--- off its clear this guy is playing out of his mind....cant sit him and with the sched coming there is no need to

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Power-O said:

what is the bickering for? i mean yes i was sick to my stomach most of the day but god when ben pulled that s--- off its clear this guy is playing out of his mind....cant sit him and with the sched coming there is no need to

I know right! Set and forget. Move on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

I don’t know why you ever would unless you’re rocking Brees/ Mahomes.  

25 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I care not for the popular stance, but you’re asking us to ignore pertinent data.   

A brutal game that he salvaged with brilliant play in a half quarter.   

Actually the opposite, but I'm done with it. It was a bad spot no matter how you slice it.

1 hour ago, Cotton Jones said:

Actually the opposite, but I'm done with it. It was a bad spot no matter how you slice it.

This Jaguars Defense is not the same from last season, go look at the stats of previous QB starts this season against them, especially in recent weeks. Is that objective enough for u?:P

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

I don’t know why you ever would unless you’re rocking Brees/ Mahomes.  

Juggling Ben and Luck over here..

Seems like a tough game based on the LAC rank vs QBs, but they have played the Hue led Browns, Raiders twice, Tenn, Betherd 49ers, Cards, Broncos, Bills. Rams and Chiefs lit them up, Wilson went 235/2 vs. them. No worries about Ben in prime time at home, should be motivated after that embarrassment in Denver. 

12 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Seems like a tough game based on the LAC rank vs QBs, but they have played the Hue led Browns, Raiders twice, Tenn, Betherd 49ers, Cards, Broncos, Bills. Rams and Chiefs lit them up, Wilson went 235/2 vs. them. No worries about Ben in prime time at home, should be motivated after that embarrassment in Denver. 

Me too.  He always plays well at home on the national stage

11 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

To add...I am concerned that this could be a Conner game, because the Chargers can be run on.  Without Gordon the Chargers could end up very one-dimensional & the Steelers D has been playing much better since their bye, especially at home

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

To add...I am concerned that this could be a Conner game, because the Chargers can be run on.  Without Gordon the Chargers could end up very one-dimensional & the Steelers D has been playing much better since their bye, especially at home

The Steelers are like New Orleans, the QB is gamescript proof. Until they get 45 points they will constantly sling the ball down field. 

1 minute ago, Joe Odam said:

Ben has a full 25 more pass attempts than the next highest on the list......39.33 a game ^_^

Damn. Still starting Goff over him this week.

It’s unbelievable that a few weeks ago someone in my 14 teamer dropped Big Ben.  He had Watson and Mitch but cmon.  He didn’t even try dealing him.  I’m so glade to be over the Fitzmagic/Winston debacle that screwed me for a good majority of the season.  

1 hour ago, KCJONES said:

It’s unbelievable that a few weeks ago someone in my 14 teamer dropped Big Ben.  He had Watson and Mitch but cmon.  He didn’t even try dealing him.  I’m so glade to be over the Fitzmagic/Winston debacle that screwed me for a good majority of the season.  

He deserves to be fired

On 11/28/2018 at 9:53 PM, smeeze said:

Damn. Still starting Goff over him this week.

Same here

Anybody have any insight on Heinz Field this weekend? Been raining in PIT since yesterday & supposed to keep going until tomorrow morning. Are they having HS or college games there tearing up the field this weekend?

Anyone starting him at Oakland this weekend?  Little nervous they just crush the raiders and run all day

On 29/11/2018 at 4:36 AM, lvsaint429 said:

Of his 5 worst performances this season, 4 have been at home. (BAL, ATL, CLE, LAC)