Sign in to follow this  
Tryptamine

July 2nd Prospects

If this is true, then this is a nightmare for baseball both structurally and in the public eye.

Fangraphs picked it up also.  Looks very real.  Smh

Absolutely unreal - a true black eye on the entire process. Something truly has to change with respect to these early verbal contracts, there's just too much pressure to get signed quickly.

Anyone have an English link, or can translate? Top overall 20 prospects, top in this year’s draft, top international? 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Anyone have an English link, or can translate? Top overall 20 prospects, top in this year’s draft, top international? 

+1. If you scroll down the chat in the feed, the report doesn't list who they are but does seem to be for the 'upcoming' J2 class.  Many have deals in place before the actual signing date, which I think is what they are referring to about re-working those deals.  Something to keep in mind though for any of the higher ranked prospects coming out from this class.  Caveat emptor.

Edited by BigPapi44

18 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

It’s the top 20 Dominican teen agers. Someone translates on the link below in the comments. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/8qzdjw/neftali_ruiz_18_of_top_20_july_2_2018_prospects/

Thanks for posting @mavsfan23.  I hope the agents, doctors, coaches, etc. are held accountable.  These are 16 year olds.  I am not naïve enough to think this doesn't happen in high school locker rooms in North America too, but good lord these kids have likely been taking them for awhile.  If this isn't a sign that international players should be drafted, just like North American kids, I don't know what else it takes for MLB to do so.

• Like 1

As someone mentioned in the comments on the link I posted, if it’s 18 of top 20, it probably continues or even gets worse as you go down the rankings. 

Thank god for that. An event as big as this one would have completely changed the landscape of baseball and really soured the game for  a lot of casual fans.