Sign in to follow this  
mannymachado

Was offered two trades for trout

12 teams, redraft with 6x6 cats

1st offer: was offered freeman/degrom for trout/ray.

2nd offer: was offered degrom/harper/machado for trout/Trea Turner. 

Thoughts?

I would take the Freeman side too...Freeman has been a top 5 guy in fantasy all year and DeGrom is elite.  I would counter and see if you could keep Ray and swap him out for someone else first, but I would still do the deal even if you had to keep Ray in.

please help

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/704305-should-i-take-this-offer-100-whir/

I would take the machado/degrom/harper.  Harpers BABIP is like 7th worst in the league while freemans in top 5, meaning freemans is going to come back to earth a bit, and harper should regress in the positive. As long as you dont need treas steals I think this is a pretty good deal

1 hour ago, superkeest said:

I would take the machado/degrom/harper.  Harpers BABIP is like 7th worst in the league while freemans in top 5, meaning freemans is going to come back to earth a bit, and harper should regress in the positive. As long as you dont need treas steals I think this is a pretty good deal

Hard decision cause I do need trea steals but man Machado is so much better than trea.

I like 1

I know most oppose any Trout deal

But you won't get more then Freeman/DeGrom

Keep Trout & just move you're other player for Freeman in deal 1 

Next hang onto Trout/Trea and find two other pieces ya got and go after Harper/Machado only. 

57 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep Trout & just move you're other player for Freeman in deal 1 

Next hang onto Trout/Trea and find two other pieces ya got and go after Harper/Machado only. 

Wtf?

If you're going to do any trade, it's got to be the first one. Freeman this season has been the best player in either offer besides Trout. And where you'd be giving up Trea as well in the 2nd deal, I don't think that one makes much sense.

I think you could do that first deal if you really want to, but it really depends on what you think Robbie Ray will be like the rest of the season. Trout is without a doubt the best player in the league. He does everything. High average, OBP, HR, SB, R, RBI... you name it. There are a lot of guys that compete with him in some of these categories, like Freeman who is right there in everything except SB and runs, but nobody else does it all. So to move him takes a lot. But I think if you add deGrom, who is one of the best pitchers in the game right now, for virtually nothing... that's probably enough to make the move. However, if you think Robbie Ray can be a decent pitcher when he comes back (I'm not talking anything special... probably in the top 100 range or something like that), then I wouldn't do it. You really have to think deGrom is a massive upgrade over Ray for it to be worth it.

i have trout and hes close to untouchable if you ask me.  a normal trout is hard to move, let alone when he is on pace for a career year.  the second trade is tantalizing however.  see above comment for BABIP. not that freeman is bad by any means, but theres a little luck there right now.  your best bet... let each guy know you have a "better offer" and play them off each other.  even if you have to show them the other deals.