• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
NYR Fan 116894

Tyler Lockett 2018 Outlook

Baldwin getting healthier will take away some targets...but maybe that also opens things up a bit more for the big play...don't know how reliable he will be for the ROS. He has looked pretty solid and has now scored a TD in almost every game.

The run game getting going in Seattle sucks though. Hopefully it goes back to getting stuff so RW can throw more and the WR's can get more targets.

I had to drop Lockett for a bye week TE fill in, paid $1 to get him back.  He gets no respect, this week he scored on a RZ target too.  Great bye week fill-in with WR2 upside.

Zero return yards yesterday, only 4 targets, one rush..  the Seahawks don't have huge pass volume. So many reasons he shouldn't produce going forward, but he's produced so far.  Trying to sell him high, but he doesn't have any name value to bring much return, not sure what do to with him.

Lockett's not going anywhere on the field (100% a starter who will play most snaps), but in terms of scoring productivity, I think he's going to be riskier from here on out. Baldwin is more or less back, and David Moore had a good game and looks like a guy the Seahawks plan to use on intermediate/deep balls. Also, Jaron Brown got an end zone target/TD and even Bench Depth Brandon Marshall caught a ball. With Ed Dickson coming back after the bye at TE, that's a lot of mouths to feed in terms of downfield passing targets.

As a fan of the team, I'm happy to see so many viable options emerging, but as a fantasy owner, I'm looking at "No E" Lockett as more of a lower-floor dart throw (outside of kick return leagues) going forward. He only had 13 receiving yards last game - the TD easily could have gone elsewhere. He was a solid WR2 with Baldwin out, but now I think it's more hit and miss like last season. Honestly, I might be just as apt to pick up Moore if I wanted to take advantage of a possible shootout down the road. Meanwhile, I let him go today for Taylor Gabriel.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:29 PM, 99-percent-sure said:

Lockett's not going anywhere on the field (100% a starter who will play most snaps), but in terms of scoring productivity, I think he's going to be riskier from here on out. Baldwin is more or less back, and David Moore had a good game and looks like a guy the Seahawks plan to use on intermediate/deep balls. Also, Jaron Brown got an end zone target/TD and even Bench Depth Brandon Marshall caught a ball. With Ed Dickson coming back after the bye at TE, that's a lot of mouths to feed in terms of downfield passing targets.

As a fan of the team, I'm happy to see so many viable options emerging, but as a fantasy owner, I'm looking at "No E" Lockett as more of a lower-floor dart throw (outside of kick return leagues) going forward. He only had 13 receiving yards last game - the TD easily could have gone elsewhere. He was a solid WR2 with Baldwin out, but now I think it's more hit and miss like last season. Honestly, I might be just as apt to pick up Moore if I wanted to take advantage of a possible shootout down the road. Meanwhile, I let him go today for Taylor Gabriel.

s--- might want to drop Gabriel for Lockett again.

9 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

He keeps finding the end zone...

Trying to sell high on him.

Check this out:

Russ when targeting Lockett is 25-29 for 394 yards and 6 TDs...passer rating of 158.3

IF they start getting into some shootouts or they simply increase his target share it'd be just GREAT...prob a long shot, though.

Good news is that he's still taking plenty of snaps outta the slot.

• Like 1

Well, seahawks will have to air it out to keep with the rams, right ? 

5 hours ago, konstao said:

Yes sir. He's a great play this week imo!

11 hours ago, konstao said:

While true in theory, and yes I do like the matchup. The seakhawks won't win this game trying to play catch up with this high powered offense. They will stick to what works, and play the run game. Lockett is, and always has been TD dependent.  Your banking on him catching one of those long balls and taking it to the house. Irrelevant of the matchup, thats the player he is. And he never get RZ targets, because of his size . 

Edited by RunCMC

8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

While true in theory, and yes I do like the matchup. The seakhawks won't win this game trying to play catch up with this high powered offense. They will stick to what works, and play the run game. Lockett is, and always has been TD dependent.  Your banking on him catching one of long balls and taking it to the house. Irrelevant of the matchup, thats the player he is. And he never get RZ targets, because of his size . 

if I'm reading PFR right .. 

RZ targets/tds for SEA WRs

5 Moore (4 tds) 

4 Lockett (3 tds)

4 Brown  (5? tds) 

3 Baldwin (0 tds) 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/redzone-receiving.htm

I do prefer the long TDs though 

48 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

if I'm reading PFR right .. 

RZ targets/tds for SEA WRs

5 Moore (4 tds) 

4 Lockett (3 tds)

4 Brown  (5? tds) 

3 Baldwin (0 tds) 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/redzone-receiving.htm

I do prefer the long TDs though 

Ok I stand corrected, but that data is a bit skewed. Hes still not their main RZ threat regardless, & Baldwin was out 2 weeks...  Bro I get it  you have Lockett, I can plainly see your signature.  What happened last week when he didn't catch a TD ...  You just can't sustain that TD production he was having early in the season with 4-6 targets a game. I had him, but hes been dropped since. Especially with Baldwin back, seahawks wanting to run the ball, Wilson barley throws the ball this year, and he spreads it out quite well.  For what its worth I dropped Baldwin too . It all depends what your options are on wideouts, Lockett is only good as Flex/bye week filler at best.  Keep in mind, im talking standard scoring league. In PPR hes in the WR3 mix .

Edited by RunCMC

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ok I stand corrected, but that data is a bit skewed. Hes still not their main RZ threat regardless, & Baldwin was out 2 weeks...  Bro I get it  you have Lockett, I can plainly see your signature.  What happened last week when he didn't catch a TD ...  You just can't sustain that TD production he was having early in the season with 4-6 targets a game. I had him, but hes been dropped since. Especially with Baldwin back, seahawks wanting to run the ball, Wilson barley throws the ball this year, and he spreads it out quite well.  For what its worth I dropped Baldwin too . It all depends what your options are on wideouts, Lockett is only good as Flex/bye week filler at best.  Keep in mind, im talking standard scoring league. In PPR hes in the WR3 mix .

All I was doing was correcting your assumption using public data and sourced it - not really disagreeing on his fantasy outlook ROS. I actually agree with your take on the only way SEA has a chance is if they sustain success in the run game. In terms of my team - I mean I just blindly pick whatever crap WR I have available. I've tried to sell this guy every week. I think he's a 'good' player but as you mentioned the low targets makes production unsustainable and a rock bottom floor. 

• Like 1

He is sitting their number one on my WR waivers but I can’t find it in me to pull the trigger for all the reasons you guys mentioned....few targets, td dependent. This is why I cut Godwin several weeks ago. This may be why I cut Golladay. He too scored tds early but lately has done absolutely nothing. 

This ain’t  last years Wilson so no, no thanks. 

Logic says this guy can’t keep up his TD rate and production but he keeps doing it anyways yet I never feel confident starting him. Started him last week though 💰 

Never forget the Dwayne Bowe 2010 season where he saw 15 TDs. It can happen to marginal talent-- let alone stellar talent. Lockett is locked in WR2 minimum.

• Like 1

Facing Lockett and scared to death.

GB's secondary is absolutely riddled with injury. Game is in Seattle. Some crazy good record on Thursday nights. Could definitely see Lockett getting it done.

So confident in this that I'm contemplating grabbing R. Wilson and starting him.

Something something regression  something I don’t watch games something stats no way he scores another td next week until he does

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, RunCMC said:

You think locket is better in ppr than standard? Am I reading that right? He barely gets any catches lol