Slamsox27

Blackmon for Kershaw

12 team h2h keeper.  I’m in need of SP help and was thinking about offering Blackmon straight up for Kershaw?  

Ive got OF backups and can afford to lose Blackmon but question if he alone would be enough and if Kershaw can remain healthy or is he on the decline already....

thoughts appreciated

In a time when Kershaw was healthy, Blackmon & maybe a low tier SP would probably get it done, but right now, I think trading Blackmon for Kershaw is an over pay.

Kershaw has hit the DL twice so far this season & no word yet on when he returns. If you think Kershaw is solid ros & you have enough bats to lose Blackmon, then it's a high risk / high reward move that could help you win. Good luck!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/704343-sp-streamers-for-todaywhir/

I also think that Blackmon for Kershaw is an overpay.

That being said I actually just saw that exact trade happen in my 10 team league today. The Kershaw owner is in 3rd and in need of some hitting so the situation could be a little different than yours depending on the other team.

Ive got Springer, JD Martinez, Hoskins, Jose Martinez along with Acuna and E.Jimenez (in Minors) to field my OF.

still debating whether it’s worth the risk long term.

no dont do it, too many recent dl stints for kershaw.  I think his ace/work horse days are behind him.  I would go after someone of similar quality without the injury risk.  not sure of your keep rules, but i would target someone younger that will be on your team in 5 years potentially, think severino.  

Edited by Kmcallister87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I traded for Kershaw earlier this year, so you know I like him.  At this point, I'd GIVE him to GET Blackmon in a heartbeat.