Gohawks

Kawhi Leonard 2018-19 Season Thread

47 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

The Raptors are doing their best to cater to Kawhi's supposed 'needs'to keep him healthy and fresh over the course of the season. Anyone want to guess if Kawhi will re-sign with Toronto? Because if he doesnt then the Raptors ultimately got used,  without even factoring in that they lost DeRozan just to have a shot at maybe keeping this guy.

The trade was just as much to move on from the Derozan era as it was to get Kawhi.  The city went through several years of embarrassing playoff moments with Derozan as our leader.  As a Raptor fan I don’t expect Kawhi to stay, most of the city doesn’t either; BUT there’s a chance, and I’d rather have a chance with Kawhi than re-living playoff disappointments again.

Regading Kawhi’s health Toronto is in a no win situation.  Kawhi wants to ensure he’s healthy in the offseason to command a max salary and Toronto has to work with him in hopes he’ll re-sign with the team.

FWIW Toronto media has been blasting that Kawhi (and O.G.) will be returning Friday since before the Indy game...but who knows.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fabrar said:

This was a move we had to make, whether Kawhi leaves or not. Derozan had his chance. Every year without fail, he choked in the playoffs. I love the guy, but he got us as far as he could. Is Kawhi going to stay with us? I have no idea and there's a solid chance he doesn't. But if you can get a player of Kawhi's caliber in his prime with even a 10% chance that he stays, you take it every single time. 

Not only that, but the raps have a good chance at the finals/championship with him this year, even if he's just a rental. 

1 minute ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Not only that, but the raps have a good chance at the finals/championship with him this year, even if he's just a rental. 

Honestly nobody is beating the Dubs BUT a strong playoff run may convince Kawhi to stay.

1 minute ago, Kawz said:

Honestly nobody is beating the Dubs BUT a strong playoff run may convince Kawhi to stay.

Tbh, that's what I thought too during the 15-16 season too. 

8 minutes ago, Kawz said:

Yeah I've pencilled in the Warriors for the ring already, but with Kawhi we might make a Finals run and that could do it for him to stay. 

The TEAM is doing the right thing and it sucks for fantasy but I haven't been able to buy low at all so managers may be pissed but still value him 1st round. 

2 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

The TEAM is doing the right thing and it sucks for fantasy but I haven't been able to buy low at all so managers may be pissed but still value him 1st round. 

Because he is 1st round value B) 9 cat god

Edited by DezedandConfused

52 minutes ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

That is why i am trying to trade for him!

Seems like they're not you're friend, budday. Or not you're budday, guy! May be your fault guy, sounds like they may not be your friend(s).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

Yeah I'm not selling for anything lower than a top 7 player

Traded him and Marcus Morris for Beal and Jamal Murray.

Im punting FG and I love beal for fantasy so I'll take it.

Even missing a few games in the playoffs with Kawhi is dangerous.

think he's fine guys - just a bit of house hunting

" Kawhi Leonard just bought a $13.3M mansion in Southern California! "

14 minutes ago, brosephd said:

if only he played every game putting up his consistent stats.

he'd be a top 3 value in fantasy for overall numbers, not average

On 1/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, fabrar said:

Yeah I'm not selling for anything lower than a top 7 player

What if it was for embiid?

22 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

What if it was for embiid?

Hmm...I'd definitely consider it. The Embiid GM in my league was actually talking to me about a potential Kawhi/Embiid swap so I might take him up on his offer nearer to the playoffs. Raps don't have any b2b's until March.

embiid was the other choice i contemplated in a 10 team 9 cat where i had 10/11 picks to combo with jokic. kawhi so far has been that top 5 guy when he plays but the dnp are killer reducing 4 and 3 game weeks to 2 and 3. embiid been a monster this year. if kawhi rests b2b or near fantasy playoff time id actually consider sending out offers rn

Edited by brosephd

Just picked up kawhi on trade... am i going to be happy? Seems like when he goes he's a monster... so it's trusting you get more of that than dnps

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Just picked up kawhi on trade... am i going to be happy? Seems like when he goes he's a monster... so it's trusting you get more of that than dnps

what'd you give up? 

3 hours ago, hard1 said:

When he plays he's pretty easily a top 5 fantasy player, and he's one of the most consistent guys out there too. He rarely ever has a dud night. It's those rest days that can get frustrating 

4 hours ago, pdids911 said:

what'd you give up? 

I gave kyrie.... leaving me with jrue and the wire at pg... it was tough call I'd let it time out before when he sent it a week ago... I hate loosing kyrie but hopefully picked up another 7 fantasy points a game played.... not world beating but I'll take all I can get...

Bit of an AC forum question but I think this is relevant to all Kawhi owners out there, given the very likely possibility of Kawhi having a disgusting 2-3-3 play-off schedule, I think all Kawhi owners should be targeting a player like PG13 in a few games time when Kawhi strings together a few good games and has no b2b's. PG13 is the perfect trade candidate for Kawhi, great 4-4-3 schedule, same position, very similar stats except more 3's at the expense of FG% and a touch higher steals/TO's. Seems the most logical trade candidate, thoughts?