Gohawks

Kawhi Leonard 2018-19 Season Thread

Kawhi has chronic quad tendinopathy. It's not just a "few games at the beginning of the season" thing. It will be an issue for his whole career. Considering how big of a fiasco this was in the off-season, you'd think you'd look into a bit before drafting him no?

He missed 24 games in 2012 and sat out of USA basketball in the summer because of it. Last year, he had myositis ossificans on top of it, which couldn't have been diagnosed right after his injury. Spurs thought it was only quad tendinopathy and a less serious issue than Parker's, which led to his teammates and Pops pressuring him to play.

Also, if you follow Raptor games, any time he comes up with a limp or has a sore knee, he's sitting out the next game whether it's back-to-back or not. Drafting Kawhi from now on will be like drafting CP3. He's guaranteed to miss a bunch of games. If you thought Kawhi was only going to rest a bit at the beginning of the season, then he should have been a top 5 pick.

• Like 4

Just traded Otto Porter and Larry Nance for him. Buy low sell high Bois. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Kawhi, Orlando has 3-2-4 po schedule week22

Orlando’s playoff sced is weak

In regards to Kawhi , am I the only one fully convinced that he will miss one game during week 23 and 24 which would make it 3-3-2 po sced 

Edited by Simsanityy179

1 minute ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Orlando’s playoff sced is weak

In regards to Kawhi , am I the only one fully convinced that he will miss one game during week 23 and 24 which would make it 3-3-2 po sced 

Have to make it to week 24 first;), also last week you're gonna be streaming your last 2 spots to maximize games anyway.

He's starting Friday!  It really is sad a guy in the prime of his career, getting a week off and they still have a blurb on him starting.  There shouldn't be any questions he's healthy.

• Like 1

It's really odd that he's supposedly pretty healthy and in the prime of his career and may not play 60 games in a full season....

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Kawhi 2nd matchup against Spurs at home, 50 burger inc:ph34r:

Will probably sit out with a toe cramp. 

36 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

36 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

Plz don't say that...

so the NBA can tell the Pelicans that they have to play Anthony Davis but they cant tell the Raptors and  Kawhi Lenoard he has to play?

I am in Toronto and many of us are fed up with Kawhi and his privileges.

At least AD wants to play. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I am in Toronto and many of us are fed up with Kawhi and his privileges.

At least AD wants to play. 

Yeah Toronto guy here too, it's kind of annoying but really, only from a fantasy perspective. From a real life standpoint, a regular season game against Orlando isn't really very high on the team priority. 

• Confused 1

im about to rage trade him even though i may lose the trade. KAT, bojan bogdan, batum for kawhi, jimmy butler, nance. been ****** over many matchups due to his rest. really needed his steals today being down one. cant rely on him during playoffs as hell be rested for actualy playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah Toronto guy here too, it's kind of annoying but really, only from a fantasy perspective. From a real life standpoint, a regular season game against Orlando isn't really very high on the team priority. 

Imo they should go for #1 seed, they need it more than the Warriors for example.  The better the seed, the more they are equipped for success and thus, better able to entice Kawhi to resign imo.

i don't care anymore with my fantasy team but i hope he truly injure his body and don't get any money at all..just kidding, just hoping he just get a nightmare and don't wake up at all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, durel_arroyo said:

i don't care anymore with my fantasy team but i hope he truly injure his body and don't get any money at all..just kidding, just hoping he just get a nightmare and don't wake up at all.

bit harsh, isn't it?