Sign in to follow this  
crazyfingers711

Jhoulys Chacin 2018 Outlook

Didn't see a thread on this guy.  Sporting a 3.32ERA and 1.24 WHIP this year along with 6 W's on a solid squad.  Can he keep it up?

I'm surprised there isn't more on Jhoulys Chacin, he's quietly got 10 Wins, to go with a 3.45 era & 1.19 whip. He's 4-0 this past month with a 2.52 era & 0.82 whip with a k/9 just over 8... But there's almost no love at all on these forums, anyone care to chime in with their POV for the ROS? 

Just picked him up in my points league.  I'm not a real fan of his, but the numbers are solid for a 2 start week stash.

Seven wins over the last two months (11 starts) with a 3.22 ERA and 1.06 WHIP and 8.11 k/9. Now with the additions of Moose and Schoop, an already potent offense just got better, so he should have plenty of run support. Unless he implodes, I think these final two months could see him amass another 7-8 wins if he stays healthy. Just have to hope he can keep up the ERA/WHIP/Ks. 

8 hours ago, tscherrer2 said:

he has had slightly below league average skills this year. do you feel lucky? if so start him. 

I'm in a tight race in Ws in my roto league, so I'll be taking my chances tonight. His skills this year might be slightly below average, but he's producing solid numbers, especially for an SP5/6 on fantasy rosters.