fantasick

Dwight Howard 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Don’t have a good feeling about this.  Ron Artest lying down at the scorers table is what triggered the infamous “Malice at the Palace”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like they're exaggerating the injury a bit. Why would they even let him play if he was in that much pain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 8:33 PM, DezedandConfused said:

D12 looking good early

 

Just now, DoctorLove said:

Are any of you guys trying to shop D12?  What are you looking to get if so?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yeet said:

This guy doesn't even get any touches lol, only 5 shots

 

Theyre what 2-6 right? they gotta change something so id be optimistic moving forward 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s right at the sweet spot to be valuable in non-punt builds.  He’s not getting many touches but that also mean he’s not getting to the line or committing TO.  10/10 with whatever else sprinkled in on excellent FG and FT on low enough volume that it doesn’t matter would put him in the top 100.  If you’re like me and got him for almost nothing ($2) I think you’d take that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

He’s right at the sweet spot to be valuable in non-punt builds.  He’s not getting many touches but that also mean he’s not getting to the line or committing TO.  10/10 with whatever else sprinkled in on excellent FG and FT on low enough volume that it doesn’t matter would put him in the top 100.  If you’re like me and got him for almost nothing ($2) I think you’d take that.  

 

This makes me not feel so bad about owning him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, yeet said:

This guy doesn't even get any touches lol, only 5 shots

You know, at the time of my draft, I needed a big and D-12 was on the board. Didn't really want him, but I had to take him. I reached for Kanter cuz as you know after 3-4 rnds., good bigs go flying off the board. So I took Howard. In hindsight, it was a good pick and Kanter don't look so good. Yeah Kanter went nuts last night game, but I don't see his ROS looking that good. NY is tanking. D-12 will be alright. Last year was his best year in a looong time. He just needs to get in game shape. He should have a nice year. Team is a mess, hopefully he can lead in the right direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

You know, at the time of my draft, I needed a big and D-12 was on the board. Didn't really want him, but I had to take him. I reached for Kanter cuz as you know after 3-4 rnds., good bigs go flying off the board. So I took Howard. In hindsight, it was a good pick and Kanter don't look so good. Yeah Kanter went nuts last night game, but I don't see his ROS looking that good. NY is tanking. D-12 will be alright. Last year was his best year in a looong time. He just needs to get in game shape. He should have a nice year. Team is a mess, hopefully he can lead in the right direction. 

 

As a fellow D12 owner, I hope you are right, but I don't think he can lead anything in the right direction.  That being said, I would like to see him get at least a few more touches...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

I watched that game and they completely don’t even pass him the ball

Yeah, watched that game. Live in DMV, he'll get em' as time goes on. He missed all of training camp. Didn't want him, but glad I picked on one of my squads. Needs to a leader in that locker room tho'. Team is a mess right now. Like Porter, had good game last night, but I did see him pushing ppl aside looking for shots. 

Edited by Forever Smooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

 

As a fellow D12 owner, I hope you are right, but I don't think he can lead anything in the right direction.  That being said, I would like to see him get at least a few more touches...

Yeah feel you. As long as he stays healthy, still a long way to. Min. are there for him, no doubt. I believe he will get more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or it seems D12 has lost some of those muscles? 

He looks leaner than before.

 

I'm still waiting for the monster double double lines for my punt FT% team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys sees howard's value?

I have to trade either him or Allen (for a player who is not a center) but i dont really know what can i get..

Edited by Gio123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gio123 said:

How do you guys sees howard's value?

I have to trade either him or Allen (for a player who is not a center) but i dont really know what can i get..

Howard barely has any value over a replacement player on the WW.  13/9 with a combined 1.5 stocks on 60%+ FG is really solid if you’re punting FT.  He’s committing fewer TO this year because  he’s not getting the touches but his counting stats are also down.  Clearly he’s not contributing much in the way of assists or threes.  So he’s basically a one cat guy, maybe two if you count stocks, who contributed positively in FG but crushes you in FT. He’s barely inside the top 150 according to BBM and even if you punt FT he’s just 72nd.  So my advice is to keep him if you’re punting FT bc you’re not getting equivalent value back.  If you’re not punting FT then I’d try to trade him to someone who is punting for any player of any value above the replacement ww player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Gio123 said:

How do you guys sees howard's value?

I have to trade either him or Allen (for a player who is not a center) but i dont really know what can i get..

 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Howard barely has any value over a replacement player on the WW.  13/9 with a combined 1.5 stocks on 60%+ FG is really solid if you’re punting FT.  He’s committing fewer TO this year because  he’s not getting the touches but his counting stats are also down.  Clearly he’s not contributing much in the way of assists or threes.  So he’s basically a one cat guy, maybe two if you count stocks, who contributed positively in FG but crushes you in FT. He’s barely inside the top 150 according to BBM and even if you punt FT he’s just 72nd.  So my advice is to keep him if you’re punting FT bc you’re not getting equivalent value back.  If you’re not punting FT then I’d try to trade him to someone who is punting for any player of any value above the replacement ww player. 

 

I traded him for Brogdon if that helps you get an indicator of value.  I'm not punting FT% so I had to get him off my squad, and pretty much everybody knows what he does to your ft% so his value is greatly diminished (especially in roto leagues).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoctorLove said:

 

 

 

I traded him for Brogdon if that helps you get an indicator of value.  I'm not punting FT% so I had to get him off my squad, and pretty much everybody knows what he does to your ft% so his value is greatly diminished (especially in roto leagues).

I had him in two leagues, one is punt FT% where I got him for a my last $3 in an auction.  The other I traded him away for Ariza.  Ariza sucks this year and I don't foresee it improving any time soon.  With his age steals are down and  down due to wing depth in Phoenix idk how his pt/usage can go up.  So at this point I'd consider Ariza a borderline ww player, but as you stated I couldn't keep Howard on my squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gio123 said:

Just got this offer, what are your thoughts?

 

I can't in good conscience answer this in this forum but in bad conscience I'd take the middleton side.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gio123 said:

Just got this offer, what are your thoughts?

You're really not supposed to post from the A/C here but Harris has been struggling recently.  Howard/Schroder barely have any value over ww players.  Meanwhile, Middleton is a top 25 guy and Jval is a top 50 guy.  Middleton clearly > Harris and Jval clearly > Howard so I think it's a slam dunk no brainer.    

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...