fantasick

Dwight Howard 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I'm still gonna hold. 2 months put his timeline at the beginning of February, but I'll assume he comes back after ASB. If there are reports of any setbacks then I'll probably drop.

I remember I was so upset when someone ahead of me in the draft picked him, for once I dodged a bullet.  I am rooting for D12 though, had a renaissance of a season last year and was hoping he'd be able to carry that momentum into this season.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

I remember I was so upset when someone ahead of me in the draft picked him, for once I dodged a bullet.  I am rooting for D12 though, had a renaissance of a season last year and was hoping he'd be able to carry that momentum into this season.

Last year he played somewhat like the old Orl D-12 and that was a looong time ago. I drafted him on of my teams only because (1) needed a big, (2) he was the only big worth grabbing at the time. Went the the 1st six games without him, but as soon as he started missing games on the second stint, I dropped him like a hot potato. MJ was smart not resigning him. He dodged a bullet too. At this point in his career D-12 should be a reserve. I think he'll still  be serviceable. He had sooo much promise early in his career. I'ma Wizard fan too, but now I'm almost sure they will have a fire sale come the deadline. They gonna get toasted down low every game with Thomas Bryant and Markeif Morris.

With Dwight out, I think maybe the wizards can trade John Wall to Orlando for Vucevic. Orlando needs a point guard and has Bamba waiting for playing time; Vucevic solidifies Washington’s center spot and helps Wizards become more competitive this season AND resets the team’s financial nightmare by getting rid of Wall’s contract. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

With Dwight out, I think maybe the wizards can trade John Wall to Orlando for Vucevic. Orlando needs a point guard and has Bamba waiting for playing time; Vucevic solidifies Washington’s center spot and helps Wizards become more competitive this season AND resets the team’s financial nightmare by getting rid of Wall’s contract. 

lol this will never happen 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lol this will never happen 

I don’t think it will happen too, because Washington has never been a smart franchise to make a deal like this. If your opinion of Wall is that of a franchise player then you wouldn’t make this deal, but if you believe Wall is not in the upper echelon or elite players then this can be your get out of jail card for Washington.

Orlando is also prone to make bad personnel decision since they fired Van Gundy. There is an obvious hole in their PG spot, and they have never been able to draw free agents, so dumping a expiring contract, who will only stunt your prized rookie’s development if he stays, for a top 10 point guard is perhaps better than letting him leave for nothing.

Again, it all depends on how they view Wall. Unfortunately, it’s hardee to predict what stupid people will do than it is with intelligent ones, so this will be interesting situation to watch. 

2 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I don’t think it will happen too, because Washington has never been a smart franchise to make a deal like this. If your opinion of Wall is that of a franchise player then you wouldn’t make this deal, but if you believe Wall is not in the upper echelon or elite players then this can be your get out of jail card for Washington.

Orlando is also prone to make bad personnel decision since they fired Van Gundy. There is an obvious hole in their PG spot, and they have never been able to draw free agents, so dumping a expiring contract, who will only stunt your prized rookie’s development if he stays, for a top 10 point guard is perhaps better than letting him leave for nothing.

Again, it all depends on how they view Wall. Unfortunately, it’s hardee to predict what stupid people will do than it is with intelligent ones, so this will be interesting situation to watch. 

walls contract is not worth trading for 

hes the definition of taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back 

3 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…..

f--- you!

Sincerely, 

John Hammond

Edited by StifleTower2

3 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

No, Wall is a franchise player and two he definitely is not worth that contract, but I ain't mad at him for that. Fast, quick yeah, but I mean I can't count on him. I'ma Wiz fan and all I can remember is game 7 against Boston when he stunk up the gym. And he had the nerve to say he and Beal are  the best two guard combo in the league that year. Ok, he got paid though, but I was done with after that series. Lil Isiah Thomas was torching him that series as well.  

15 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

No, Wall is a franchise player and two he definitely is not worth that contract, but I ain't mad at him for that. Fast, quick yeah, but I mean I can't count on him. I'ma Wiz fan and all I can remember is game 7 against Boston when he stunk up the gym. And he had the nerve to say he and Beal are  the best two guard combo in the league that year. Ok, he got paid though, but I was done with after that series. Lil Isiah Thomas was torching him that series as well.  

I meant to say Wall IS NOT a franchise player. Had to clarify that. If he had a knock down shot he would be, but he doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Forever Smooth said:

I meant to say Wall IS NOT a franchise player. Had to clarify that. If he had a knock down shot he would be, but he doesn't. 

If he had fresh knees, didn't let himself go physically after signing the contract, and developed skills before his physical abilities declined with age then he might be a franchise player. Might. Wall just lost his edge. Happens when you have guaranteed contracts and a team that has no chance to win a championship. Just the reality of it all. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Anyone holding with an IR spot?

I opted to pick him up when his previous owner dropped him. I had an available IR spot. 

The way I look at it is like this: He's a couple of months away at best, I had an open IR spot, and should I suffer an injury in the late stretch of the season he could be a poor mans potential double double at worst as a replacement. If he has a setback, or I need the IR spot for a higher priority player, then I will move on from Dwight as well. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Anyone holding with an IR spot?

I am. My league has 2 and I'm not using either so why not

42 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

If he had fresh knees, didn't let himself go physically after signing the contract, and developed skills before his physical abilities declined with age then he might be a franchise player. Might. Wall just lost his edge. Happens when you have guaranteed contracts and a team that has no chance to win a championship. Just the reality of it all. 

Ooh-wee! Said a mouthful there. Saw his weight coming into the pre season, I was good lawd, he musta' had a nice summer! :D Yeah man, I'm over Wall. Not mad at him for contract though. Get it while you can and make good with it. He's set to make a lot of lucchini in the coming years.. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Ooh-wee! Said a mouthful there. Saw his weight coming into the pre season, I was good lawd, he musta' had a nice summer! :D Yeah man, I'm over Wall. Not mad at him for contract though. Get it while you can and make good with it. He's set to make a lot of lucchini in the coming years.. 

My Wizards got baptized last night and will continue on getting baptized this season. Had a lil run, but with Howard out for the foreseeable, and the losses piling up , they are gonna have a fire sale sure nuff'. Maybe not Wall, but guys like Beal and Porter are likely to move. Maybe even Oubre.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:09 PM, HotSauce24 said:

Damn only one IR spot and currently mine is reserved by Barton who is apparently coming back. 

Decisions. 

In the exact same boat. I'm heavily considering activating Barton and picking up Dwight afterwards. Only question is when is Barton returning?

Edited by alphadawg

14 minutes ago, alphadawg said:

In the exact same boat. I'm heavily considering activating Barton and picking up Dwight afterwards. Only question is when is Barton returning?

From the few reports, I'd say 7-14 days from now.

• Like 1

I forget the exact status, but once you have one back surgery you are seriously at risk for multiple back surgeries. All of the nerves run through the spine and I doubt this is his last back surgery. This may sound ridiculous, but he should seriously consider retiring. No sense breaking your body unless you sign with the warriors or some other elite team to play 15 mpg in a backup role and Ring chase. I think Dwight is basically done being a mid tier center in the league. He is low end and will stay there until he calls it a career. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thezing1 said:

This may sound ridiculous, but he should seriously consider retiring. 

How is this ridiculous? He’s done.  My neighbor is a damn good general contractor who injured his back, now has a degenerative back injury, and has to use medicinal CBD just to get through the day.  As soon as the day is over he’s crippled over but has no other skills.  I guarantee Dwight is in constant pain and can’t even use THC/CBD due to league rules.  He’s made enough money and whoever he was going to be, whatever he was going to do in the NBA, he’s already done it.  Kinda sad to see someone so talented squander their talent but he made that choice long ago.  He’s done.

Should I drop Porzingis and replace him for Dwight Howard in my IR spot? Porzingis is a long shot to come back this year but at least Dwight is decent shot  to come back

The timeline is giving him realistical chance to make a comeback around late February. Then he needs to get back in shape and Wizards just might be out of the playoffs competition by then + roster blowout. No incentive to play him. If you want to have injured player hanging there, sure why not. But I wouldn't expect him to contribute this season.