fantasick

Dwight Howard 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Howard (back) rejoined the Wizards on Tuesday night, three weeks after undergoing back surgery, NBC Sports Washington reports. "Physically, I'm a lot better than I was before the surgery," Howard said. "The nine games I played, I basically played on one leg. So, you know, I'm just happy that that's out the way and I can rehab and get ready for the second half of the season."

Spin: Howard is expected to miss at least another month, and likely more, as he recovers, and he said Tuesday that he's essentially limited to walking for the time being. "Right now, the only I can do for rehab is just walk," Howard said. "Anybody who has had back surgery, they understand that. You know, for the first month and a half, you can't lift weights. You can't run. You can't do anything but basically walk." Howard, who also underwent back surgery in 2012 to repair a herniated disk, plans on doing most of his rehab in his native Atlanta. The hope is that he'll return to basketball activities sometime before the All-Star break.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Any updates?

I think the latest is that he is still in denial about sleeping with transgender women.

It's 2019, he should embrace and accept himself. 

• Haha 1

When is he suppose to comeback?I just traded horford and i plan to pick this guy up.

4 minutes ago, DB11 said:

When is he suppose to comeback?I just traded horford and i plan to pick this guy up.

Why would the Wizards ever play him again?

No chance of playoffs and he's a PR nightmare, injured and also not good. Thomas Bryant is way better

On 1/7/2019 at 6:25 PM, Sendooran_sCaR said:

I have him in IL , what should i do. 

Sell him for anything ? 

I doubt you can get any top 100 player for him. I'd rather hold

I think he will be back this season. He needs to play to possibly earn a bigger contract next year (He is on 1+1 player option).

Also, Wizards have no reasons to not play him because they are likely to be out of the playoff. However, it will be more like a time-share between Bryant and him.

10/10 plus 1-2 blks shouldnt be an issue. Think of him as a better version of Tristan Thompson.

The trend people adding him in ESPN is +5%. Is he coming back soon? So far no news about him, but it seems people are start stashing him. Hope he will be back soon. Just added him also because of this trend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samatz82 said:

The trend people adding him in ESPN is +5%. Is he coming back soon? So far no news about him, but it seems people are start stashing him. Hope he will be back soon. Just added him also because of this trend.

Basketball monster projects him to come back around the 2nd of February. Maybe that is why.

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Basketball monster projects him to come back around the 2nd of February. Maybe that is why.

How accurate does BBM tend to be? They have Michael Porter Jr. Coming back in 4 days and LeVert returning in 11 days.

23 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

How accurate does BBM tend to be? They have Michael Porter Jr. Coming back in 4 days and LeVert returning in 11 days.

There's no way he's returning beginning of February. The projection is likely based off the 2 month timetable, but as we saw with Love, who had a 6 week timetable, they are often inaccurate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yeet said:

There's no way he's returning beginning of February. The projection is likely based off the 2 month timetable, but as we saw with Love, who had a 6 week timetable, they are often inaccurate.

You don't gotta tell me, I own Barton.

Although, BBM was really accurate on Barton's return date so I thought it's possible there sine kind of basketball injury wizards.

33 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

You don't gotta tell me, I own Barton.

Although, BBM was really accurate on Barton's return date so I thought it's possible there sine kind of basketball injury wizards.

Nah, BBM changed Barton's return date as updates progressed. It was incorrect for a good while. I wouldn't trust BBM or CBS injury return dates as those serve little more than to make you feel better about a stash that's going to give you a headache for weeks to come.

• Thanks 1

BBM originally had Barton at 2nd wk of December. I picked him up a week before that and had to endure 2 losses in 6 matchups just to keep that fag W Barton.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Nah, BBM changed Barton's return date as updates progressed. It was incorrect for a good while. I wouldn't trust BBM or CBS injury return dates as those serve little more than to make you feel better about a stash that's going to give you a headache for weeks to come.

Can't blame both those sites. Denver management kept saying he was close to returning but it didn't happen. They don;t have a crystal ball.. they use whatever news is being circulated.

1 hour ago, wisegeeks said:

BBM originally had Barton at 2nd wk of December. I picked him up a week before that and had to endure 2 losses in 6 matchups just to keep that fag W Barton.

lol, strong words. Did you drop him already?

Is it time to add him or stash?I can use this guy service with capela going down😞

21 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Is it time to add him or stash?I can use this guy service with capela going down😞

Pretty good chance that capela is back before Howard. Depending on your league settings, Howard can be a good stash but I think we're still a few weeks away.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 5:49 PM, wideopen21 said:

Pretty good chance that capela is back before Howard. Depending on your league settings, Howard can be a good stash but I think we're still a few weeks away.

I have an open spot on my roster and will stash howard plus wiz playoff schedule is looking good nothing to lose here😁

My IR is getting full but I guess I will hold for the sweet playoff schedule plus Im 5 games ahead in 1st in 9cat

I have Dragic in my IR but Dwight just became available. Should I switch Dwight for Dragic?

9 minutes ago, sham242 said:

I have Dragic in my IR but Dwight just became available. Should I switch Dwight for Dragic?

For AC Forum.. but yes.

• Like 1

Just picked up dwight and hopefully he will comeback healthy ready to Rill for the playoffs😁

11 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Just snagged Howard and will hold until he returns 

8 team league no need to hold him,too many good FA in FA pool