Sign in to follow this  
The Answer

Royce Freeman or Brandin Cooks?

Gee, the unproven rookie on a team that is perennially in the bottom half of the league in team rushing-by-committee stats, or the WR who has scored the 13th most fantasy points over the last four years combined who just moved to one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL...

Tough call.

Cooks dude! I'm not sure why everyone is so excited about this year's rookie RBs. I don't expect many of them to become big assets. 

Cooks and it's not even close. The only rookie RB who will actually do something this year is Barkley. 

Yeah gonna go with the group on this one, Cooks is a very consistent 1000 and 7. Royce Freeman isn't even guaranteed to be the 2nd string back in Denver.

Kupp and Woods are right there with Cooks and good luck when people figure out Goff isn't that great. Much tougher call than most anticipate. Freeman WILL be the starter by next season guaranteed and will probably be a workhorse back in the 2nd half of 2018 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:06 AM, TPowell said:

Kupp and Woods are right there with Cooks and good luck when people figure out Goff isn't that great. Much tougher call than most anticipate. Freeman WILL be the starter by next season guaranteed and will probably be a workhorse back in the 2nd half of 2018 

LOL.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:46 PM, ponza88 said:

LOL.

Good luck with Goff trying to support 2-3 top 25-30 WR's plus Gurley 

1 hour ago, TPowell said:

Good luck with Goff trying to support 2-3 top 25-30 WR's plus Gurley 

#1 Ranked offense, now in year 2 with an even better support cast. 

We'll be fine. Thanks for the Good Luck wishes though!

Depends on where you need the most help. In dynasty I think  this is closer than some think.  I think Freeman will be the RB who receives the bulk of he touches in Denver. The question is will that be enough to be a RB 2 this year? Or will we have to wait until next year? Is Denver improved? I can see regression coming to the Rams but Cooks will still be productive but a WR 2 at best. So it depends on your teams need at his point. 

20 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

Depends on where you need the most help. In dynasty I think  this is closer than some think.  I think Freeman will be the RB who receives the bulk of he touches in Denver. The question is will that be enough to be a RB 2 this year? Or will we have to wait until next year? Is Denver improved? I can see regression coming to the Rams but Cooks will still be productive but a WR 2 at best. So it depends on your teams need at his point. 

Thank you. I think Freeman has a much higher ceiling this year and just about any year honestly and he plays RB 

3 hours ago, TPowell said:

Thank you. I think Freeman has a much higher ceiling this year and just about any year honestly and he plays RB 

Based on?

On 6/29/2018 at 3:10 PM, ponza88 said:

Based on?

Him being the starting RB in a good offense versus a guy that is fighting for catches against 3-4 other guys. 

1 hour ago, TPowell said:

Him being the starting RB in a good offense versus a guy that is fighting for catches against 3-4 other guys. 

So you'd draft a player completely unproven in the NFL over a guy who has, EVERY YEAR, been a WR2 / WR1, going for over 1000Yards & 6+TDs? That same player who is now the toy of an offensive genius with the most potent offense in the NFL?

Good luck. That's ballsy.

13 hours ago, ponza88 said:

So you'd draft a player completely unproven in the NFL over a guy who has, EVERY YEAR, been a WR2 / WR1, going for over 1000Yards & 6+TDs? That same player who is now the toy of an offensive genius with the most potent offense in the NFL?

He's played in NO and NE. You act like he put up these numbers in Cleveland. And yes I'll take the "unproven" rookie RB drafted early with zero REAL competition for carries to have the higher upside. 

I might go against the grain here and say Freeman.  I'm not a fan of Cooks, or those boom/bust types anyhow.  Plus the Rams offense has A LOT of options, and a great ground game, and a great defense to keep scripts favorable.  Over the long term, Cooks might not be on the Rams after this year, and could end up in a crappy situation, where as I see Freeman taking over as the bell cow in 2018, and will be the clear cut #1 RB in 2019.

16 hours ago, ponza88 said:

To be fair, that happens all the time. Barkley is going over a great many proven players this year and hasn’t played a down in the NFL. No, I don’t think Freeman has the same potential as Barkley, but I think you get my point. Kamara, Hunt, Cook and Fournette aren’t exactly proven players yet as they have had only 1 season (or less in the case of Dalvin Cook) but they are being drafted well ahead of Cooks too. Drafting unproven players over proven players happens every year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreatScott! said:

To be fair, that happens all the time. Barkley is going over a great many proven players this year and hasn’t played a down in the NFL. No, I don’t think Freeman has the same potential as Barkley, but I think you get my point. Kamara, Hunt, Cook and Fournette aren’t exactly proven players yet as they have had only 1 season (or less in the case of Dalvin Cook) but they are being drafted well ahead of Cooks too. Drafting unproven players over proven players happens every year. 

I guess that's true... but I feel like on the other edge of the sword, the reason Cooks ADP is so historically low, that if he was still on NE, he would be drafted ahead of most of the Rookie RB's.

It's only because he's on the Rams, people aren't sure that he'll be the #1. Which he will be (I'm a Rams Fan, I follow them closely).

2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

I might go against the grain here and say Freeman.  I'm not a fan of Cooks, or those boom/bust types anyhow.  Plus the Rams offense has A LOT of options, and a great ground game, and a great defense to keep scripts favorable.  Over the long term, Cooks might not be on the Rams after this year, and could end up in a crappy situation, where as I see Freeman taking over as the bell cow in 2018, and will be the clear cut #1 RB in 2019.

Yeah I rather take the risk with Freeman than someone who is just kinda meh with Cooks. I wouldnt be surprised if Cooks bombs this year.

Can't believe five straight people acted like Cooks was such an easy choice. 

Depends on the rest of my team. If I'm good on WR I'd take a chance on the rook.

like others say it really depends on need but in a vaccum gimme cooks. mcvay will utilize a guy who was a wr1 on two different teams to start his career. cooks feels like the safer bet with just as much if not more upside until freeman establishes himself