• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
J.T. Marlin

2018 NBA Offseason and Free Agency Thread

Posted (edited)

Bulls overpaid Lavine but they did so because

- he was key member of jimmy trade, so they can't just give him up for free and not try to see what the return for jimmy is. Let's face it, no major FA will want to sign with the Bulls over the next 3 years, so maybe they said might as well take the risk and see what we have here, by the time his contract is up, they will see what they have with Lauri, WCJ, and Dunn, then decide from there if Lavine is part of their future.

- I don't think you can compare him with it2. With Lavine, you're paying for what you think is still hidden upside and potential. He is not a good defender but at least he he has the size to do so if he puts his mind into it. IT2, I have never believed in him being a star player, check out IT2 threads from way before and I have always believed he is a 6th man at best.

IT2 to Denver. His ideal landing spot would have been the Magic, but I guess he was asking for too much that's why Magic didn't make an offer. In Denver he will be stuck behind Harris and Murray, so much for him trying to regain fantasy status

Edited by sya
  • Like 3

IT2 can't even get a roster spot on the Orlando Magic now with no NBA caliber point guards.

Orlando.

Man... How the mighty have fallen. 

• Like 1

IT2 diehards and some Celtics fans hating on Ainge for dealing him last year, now he is looking like an absolute genious

• Like 2

Just now, sya said:

IT2 diehards and some Celtics fans hating on Ainge for dealing him last year, now he is looking like an absolute genious

Ainge is a genius.  Most people said that last year.  I just feel bad for IT2.  Underestimated his entire life.  Finally gets the recognition he deserves.  Gets injured. Thrown away.  Loses out of millions of dollars.  

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Ainge is a genius.  Most people said that last year.  I just feel bad for IT2.  Underestimated his entire life.  Finally gets the recognition he deserves.  Gets injured. Thrown away.  Loses out of millions of dollars.  

yup, what makes this hurt more for him was it is widely believed his hip injury got worse by trying to play thru injury to help Celtics in the playoff run. But you can't blame Ainge too, that's why he is the GM, he should look out for the team's best interest.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Donqueefa said:

The goat Dion waiters is only on 4/52. Comparatively a bargain!

FWIW, LaVine Pre-Injury: 

18.9 PPG, 45.9% FG%, 38.7% 3-PT

Waiters Best Career Year: 

15.9 PPG, 43.3% FG%, 36.8% 3-PT

The only year he surpassed any of those metrics was one year where he had a 39.5% 3-Pt. 

So I think he has shown himself to be a more versatile and better scorer in the past then Dion Waiters. Is averages last year don't bother me so much as the knee itself. He gets back to those averages... well he'll at least be better than Waiters. 

IT2 to Nuggets and Ellington back with the Heat.

All these one year deals are gold, because a ot of these players are banking on next year, and it still might not happen for some. For example IT2, one year deal for the min! lol, you are the 3rd guy coming behind Murrray, Harris & Harris. Just be a great 6th man, Lou Williams has accepted it & Jamal Crawford, why cant IT2.

1 hour ago, Rhythms said:

But I mean when you can pay a guy 4/80 million after playing 27 games last season and putting up 17/3/3 on 38% shooting you do it. Right guys?

Kawhi is about to get a 5 year supermax for 9 games, I guess.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Kawhi is about to get a 5 year supermax for 9 games, I guess.

Superstars are different... They're criminally underpaid for what they're worth. Lavine is a scrub and you're paying him as if he's guaranteed to reach his max potential.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/kawhi-leonard/ (projected at 5 year 145 million after next year at 45) He was worth 85 Mil two years ago.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/zach-lavine/ (projected at 4 year 28 million)

Edited by Rhythms

29 minutes ago, Rhythms said:

Superstars are different... They're criminally underpaid for what they're worth. Lavine is a scrub and you're paying him as if he's guaranteed to reach his max potential.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/kawhi-leonard/ (projected at 5 year 145 million after next year at 45) He was worth 85 Mil two years ago.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/zach-lavine/ (projected at 4 year 28 million)

If he turns into Eric Gordon, Bradley Beal, or even Monta Ellis I’ll  be pretty okay. 

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

also include the passing of his sister during the playoffs, really amazed and respect how he's been able to keep it together.

Definitely pulling for him to revive his career this season and get that Brinks truck next year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

IT2 to Nuggets and Ellington back with the Heat.

All these one year deals are gold, because a ot of these players are banking on next year, and it still might not happen for some. For example IT2, one year deal for the min! lol, you are the 3rd guy coming behind Murrray, Harris & Harris. Just be a great 6th man, Lou Williams has accepted it & Jamal Crawford, why cant IT2.

and Lin to Hawks 

6 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

and Lin to Hawks 

And now We can Start the Mocks. Capela I guess is now just stuck lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhythms said:

Superstars are different... They're criminally underpaid for what they're worth. 

What kind of superstar plays 9 games? Lavine played 27, he's 3 times better! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

And now We can Start the Mocks. Capela I guess is now just stuck lol.

Stuck where? :lol:

But yeah, we'll get the mock started tomorrow whether he's signed somewhere or not. 

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

What kind of superstar plays 9 games? Lavine played 27, he's 3 times better! 

I'm assuming you're only trolling because you have no counter argument. Sad.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Rhythms said:

I'm assuming you're only trolling because you have no counter argument. Sad.

How entitled. You want me to put effort into countering an argument that's based on Lavine's game total from last season? Which is inherently derived from an obviously insignificant sample? 

Tell you what. If you actually want an intelligent discussion, stop positing lazy arguments and earn it. 

Edited by miasma16

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

How entitled. You want me to put effort into countering an argument that's based on Lavine's game total from last season? Which is inherently derived from an obviously insignificant sample? 

Tell you what. If you actually want an intelligent discussion, stop positing lazy arguments and earn it. 

It's really easy to dismiss arguments it's really hard to refute them. Don't bother responding if it's just to troll.

Edited by Rhythms

Is Butler worth more than the 4 year 100 million extension the Wolves offered him? Everybody is banking on next year, which I feel is going to hurt some of these players egos.

Also Jabari Parker on the Bulls, see they must like torn ACL players. LaVine & Parker. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Is Butler worth more than the 4 year 100 million extension the Wolves offered him? Everybody is banking on next year, which I feel is going to hurt some of these players egos.

Also Jabari Parker on the Bulls, see they must like torn ACL players. LaVine & Parker. 

I mean it depends on what you care for in terms of Butler. If you don't like the current environment you're in then it might be worth the risk to try and get somewhere you enjoy. Yes it's of course a risk, but I think it's a little to simple to put everything on "Ego." I think it's short selling the concept that there are legitimate reasons someone might not want to play somewhere.