J.T. Marlin

2018 NBA Offseason and Free Agency Thread

Recommended Posts

If Leonard has success in Toronto the Lakers might get shafted once again. Toronto is a wonderful city. It's pretty much the New York equivalent in Canada. They support their B-Ball squad to the fullest. 

 

I'm just saying it's not a lock that he goes to LA 1 year from now. Paul George is the latest to prove that athletes change their minds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

If Leonard has success in Toronto the Lakers might get shafted once again. Toronto is a wonderful city. It's pretty much the New York equivalent in Canada. They support their B-Ball squad to the fullest. 

 

I'm just saying it's not a lock that he goes to LA 1 year from now. Paul George is the latest to prove that athletes change their minds.

 

I sure hope so. We don't have any RWB players on our squad to throw parties for Kawhi though. Maybe our other GM Drake can do that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

If Leonard has success in Toronto the Lakers might get shafted once again. Toronto is a wonderful city. It's pretty much the New York equivalent in Canada. They support their B-Ball squad to the fullest. 

 

I'm just saying it's not a lock that he goes to LA 1 year from now. Paul George is the latest to prove that athletes change their minds.

 

 

Yeah I have never been, but heard it is great outside of being cold as F during the winter.  And to your comment on the B-Ball support, I read a really cool article on the Nike Crown League the other day.  They do love their basketball.  Outside of hockey that is lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I sure hope so. We don't have any RWB players on our squad to throw parties for Kawhi though. Maybe our other GM Drake can do that.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Meadowlark said:

You guys think Aldridge or DeRozan will be the first option in San Antonio?

It’s hard to answer because big men don’t handle the ball and we don’t know how selfish DeRozan will be.  I’d have to imagine Pop would want LMA to be the first option as he is more efficient.  But I think the pair will play off each other and probably average close to 25ppg each.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lakers season will be fun,  one way or another  with high entertainment value (emphasis on "high")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what the Lakers use that 4.4 million on? Beasley!!! They needed a center!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

This is what the Lakers use that 4.4 million on? Beasley!!! They needed a center!!

Every decent RFA center would probably be matched and there aren't any good UFAs, so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Beasley signing Lakers roster seems to be set.  The question on my mind is : Will Lakers make  it to the playoffs next season? Denver had 46-36 record, Lakers  had 35-47.  Assuming that LeBron alone is worth  extra 10 wins that will get Lakers to 45-37. 

That wasn't   enough last season.

 

Lakers will miss playoffs next season imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Every decent RFA center would probably be matched and there aren't any good UFAs, so

 

About a million more than Brook Lopez.  Monroe, Wright, and Len are out there...... All have better metrics than Beasley.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

About a million more than Brook Lopez.  Monroe, Wright, and Len are out there...... All have better metrics than Beasley.

None of those guys, including Brook, has any hope of defending the perimeter. Whether they signed one of those guys to sit on the bench in playoffs or signed Beasley to do the same is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.