• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
J.T. Marlin

2018 NBA Offseason and Free Agency Thread

ilyasova to bucks, mcdermott to pacers joe harris stays with nets, barton stays with nuggets.

PG13 likes losing and watching WB in the corner.

Posted (edited)

So ah....

I guess the best FA acquisition's the Lakers can still brag about over the last decade are Carlos Boozer and Lou Williams. Lmao.

Inb4 Lebron tho.

Edited by Trench Mob

2 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

PG back to OKC? Look at the Luxury Tax. I don't know how it works. 

OKC + PG (30M):

5b383076180aa_FireShotCapture224-RoyceYoungWhyOKCMayKeepPaulGeorgefor_-https___www.youtube.com_watch.jpg.a08885b23ecdd2a06cf793b3c20a1956.jpg

OKC + PG (30M) + Jarami Grant (9M): Luxury Tax will surge to 138M. That means a 9M player actually worth 50M!

PG13 and Grant are back, I said waiving me7o and stretching him out would save 50 million luxury tax apparently now it's more like 110 million

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

So ah....

I guess the best FA acquisition's the Lakers still can still brag about over the last decade are Carlos Boozer and Lou Williams. Lmao.

Inb4 Lebron tho.

LeBron and Magic have only been at dinner together tonight for 25 mins. We'll see how it turned out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

So ah....

I guess the best FA acquisition's the Lakers still can still brag about over the last decade are Carlos Boozer and Lou Williams. Lmao.

Inb4 Lebron tho.

Soon to be Bron and Boogie. According to Gary Payton Bronny is going to take his talents to a elite high school in LA. I guess Bron already owns a house there anyways but whole family in LA makes sense.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

PG13 likes losing and watching WB in the corner.

No matter where he signed, that team wasn't going to be better than the warriors.

Edited by Ruspin Ruxin
  • Thanks 1

Ariza to the Suns feels pretty random.  Curious to see who Houston gets to replace him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, young_styler said:

Ariza to the Suns feels pretty random.  Curious to see who Houston gets to replace him.

PJ Tucker:P

Damn..... Despite LA most likely getting the biggest prize in Lebron, not getting Paul George, regardless of how you feel about the player, is a horrible look and major strikeout.  Now it could work out in their favor down the line, but they could have traded for him last year and balked thinking they could just sign him in free agency this go around.  They failed.  Now they're talking about Boogie?  Who's rumored not to be ready for opening night and despite putting up numbers, never been the type of player Lebron has played with nor a "winning" type of player.  Ouch.  That Kawhi deal becomes more and more important or they gonna have to move on to plan D..... guys like Kemba or Butler.  Can't just waste a 34 years old's season..... 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

So ah....

I guess the best FA acquisition's the Lakers can still brag about over the last decade are Carlos Boozer and Lou Williams. Lmao.

Me and quite a few other Laker fans have been complaining about the possibility of giving Paul George a max for the past year. I would've tolerated it but I'm mostly relieved he's signed back on in OKC to never win a championship.

Edited by miasma16
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

So everyone stay put.

CP3's four-year 160M is insane for a 34 year old injury prone guard.

This. I can't believe they gave him this much money. Only gets older and more injury prone. So stupid for the rockets. Great for Cp3.

As for the Thunder. What are you doing? Refused to pay extra 14m to keep Westbrook, Durant and Harden together, but willing to take a 130m tax bill to keep a team that didn't even made it past the first round? smh..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

This. I can't believe they gave him this much money. Only gets older and more injury prone. So stupid for the rockets. Great for Cp3.

As for the Thunder. What are you doing? Refused to pay extra 14m to keep Westbrook, Durant and Harden together, but willing to take a 130m tax bill to keep a team that didn't even made it past the first round? smh..

CP3 40M. Harden will enter his final year and a 40M extension is expected. Capela is supposed to make 15M. Ryan Anderson still has 20M two years left. Tucker+Gordon+Nene=27M. These seven players cost them 142M already. So their payroll will be comparable to the Thunders. CP3 is already 34, their championship window will be very short. Especially Ariza is gone now, his replacement like M&M, Gerald Green and Anderson are just not as good. So Houston is actually weaken on paper.

As for the Thunder, PG's deal is indeed good in vacuum as he is in the prime during this 3+1 contract. The luxury tax is crazy but the good news is Melo won't be there forever. With Anderson back, they should have a better chance this season.

I wonder was Melo invited to last night's party. I highly doubt it.

7 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Me and quite a few other Laker fans have been complaining about the possibility of giving Paul George a max for the past year. I would've tolerated it but I'm mostly relieved he's signed back on in OKC to never win a championship.

Signing top 5 small forward in his prime is bad idea because...?    I guess George figured out he has better chance of winning  with Thunder than Lakers.   

12 hours ago, young_styler said:

Makes no sense. They aren't going to make the playoffs, they have young wings, and they don't have a point guard. Much better uses for that space, whether its a PG or cap space to get a pick in a salary dump.

PG - ? Knight?

SG - Booker 

Wing - Ariza - Bridges

Wing - Jackson - Warren

C - Ayton

This reminds me of the Kangz paying Hill, Carter, and Randolph last summer. CAP SPACE IS VALUABLE.

16 minutes ago, drgr20 said:

Makes no sense. They aren't going to make the playoffs, they have young wings, and they don't have a point guard. Much better uses for that space, whether its a PG or cap space to get a pick in a salary dump.

PG - ? Knight?

SG - Booker 

Wing - Ariza - Bridges

Wing - Jackson - Warren

C - Ayton

This reminds me of the Kangz paying Hill, Carter, and Randolph last summer. CAP SPACE IS VALUABLE.

You need solid veteran presence in the locker room. Young kids need to learn from someone 

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Signing top 5 small forward in his prime is bad idea because...?    I guess George figured out he has better chance of winning  with Thunder than Lakers.   

Overpaying players is a bad idea. I've always been pretty extreme about team-building, ie. if you're not getting just stupidly good deals (related: props to Boston on that Aron Baynes deal), you should be giving Top 10 players maxs or hoarding cap space until those guys become available and stocking up on rookie contracts. PG has never been a Top 10 player, albeit close. Most Laker fans are really upset right now. If LA strikes out and goes into next season eyeing Kawhi and Jimmy Butler (and Durant) without giving up any of their rookies, I'll be quite happy. Lebron is the only real free agent this offseason worth a max, and he's not worth anything to this Laker squad this year anyway. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, drgr20 said:

PG - ? Knight?

SG - Booker 

Wing - Ariza - Bridges

Wing - Jackson - Warren

C - Ayton

Makes plenty of sense. The Suns probably talked to a bunch of players that wanted multi-year deals or didn't want to come there. Ariza was fine with a 1-year deal. Now they can go into next offseason with cap space and try again. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, drgr20 said:

PG - ? Knight?

SG - Booker 

Wing - Ariza - Bridges

Wing - Jackson - Warren

C - Ayton

Knight and then who Suns' management feel is the PG of the future Okobo.  Wouldn't be surprised if they go back in and sign a vet to a minimum deal at PG too.  They definitely need a trigger man as I assume they'll want to play at a quicker pace with all the youth.  Ariza deal surprised me.... on both ends.

12 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Damn..... Despite LA most likely getting the biggest prize in Lebron, not getting Paul George, regardless of how you feel about the player, is a horrible look and major strikeout.  Now it could work out in their favor down the line, but they could have traded for him last year and balked thinking they could just sign him in free agency this go around.  They failed.  Now they're talking about Boogie?  Who's rumored not to be ready for opening night and despite putting up numbers, never been the type of player Lebron has played with nor a "winning" type of player.  Ouch.  That Kawhi deal becomes more and more important or they gonna have to move on to plan D..... guys like Kemba or Butler.  Can't just waste a 34 years old's season..... 

Lebron with  a bunch of sophomores? Might as well stay in Cleveland.

10 hours ago, miasma16 said:

So you feel better with Lebron and a Boogie combo?  What do you think the upside of that roster is if it doesn't appreciably change from those two (assuming they match Randle)?

9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Makes plenty of sense. The Suns probably talked to a bunch of players that wanted multi-year deals or didn't want to come there. Ariza was fine with a 1-year deal. Now they can go into next offseason with cap space and try again. 

How in your opinion then does signing Ariza help the Suns? This type of deal makes sense if the team is going to be competitive, like JJ Redick's deal last year. But it makes no sense for the Suns - they don't have to give multi-year high price deals, and they don't have to give a one-year high price deal. Just hoard cap space and create a bidding war. 

19 minutes ago, drgr20 said:

How in your opinion then does signing Ariza help the Suns? This type of deal makes sense if the team is going to be competitive, like JJ Redick's deal last year. But it makes no sense for the Suns - they don't have to give multi-year high price deals, and they don't have to give a one-year high price deal. Just hoard cap space and create a bidding war. 

Seats. They need to fill them.