Axe Elf

Greg Olsen 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

If you have an IR slot that's my one reason to stash...and that is if Foreman isn't available (grab him meow).

I guess.  Foreman is no picnic either.  An injury that few if any RBs overcome.  One of the worst O-Lines in the league.

2 hours ago, nosh0t said:

If you have an IR slot that's my one reason to stash...and that is if Foreman isn't available (grab him meow).

Purr-fect advice 

This is from Inside Injuries AMA on reddit wednesday:

It's crazy that they are considering letting him play 4 weeks post fracture. A foot fracture typically needs at least 8 weeks to heal, and even then it isn't quite back to full strength. returning in 4-6 weeks is a HUGE risk and returning in 6-8 is risky still.

6 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

This is from Inside Injuries AMA on reddit wednesday:

It's crazy that they are considering letting him play 4 weeks post fracture. A foot fracture typically needs at least 8 weeks to heal, and even then it isn't quite back to full strength. returning in 4-6 weeks is a HUGE risk and returning in 6-8 is risky still.

I mean the guy almost retired this offseason and tried surgery last year only to reinjure it stepping on a dudes foot. At this point he probably is like f it I'll rest up a little bit and give it what I have and if I reinjure it then oh well I tried and off to the broadcasting booth. I had a roster spot to spare so I picked him up and going to try to pawn him off to another team if I can. 

I think he should be owned in all leagues right now...if only to block your teammates from grabbing him. He will try to play given that this is his last season

10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I think he should be owned in all leagues right now...if only to block your teammates from grabbing him. He will try to play given that this is his last season

Terrible advice, I'm guessing you had no stakes last year on him, I welcome my league mates to stash him and waste a roster spot, this is a repeat of last season only he's a year older and rebroke the same foot.  This scenario is worse than that film speed 2 cruise control

1 minute ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Terrible advice, I'm guessing you had no stakes last year on him, I welcome my league mates to stash him and waste a roster spot, this is a repeat of last season only he's a year older and rebroke the same foot.  This scenario is worse than that film speed 2 cruise control

Meh just drop him if he gets hurts...he came back last year and was way above average. Bye is done and could be back next week so great insurance for Gronk, Graham, Reed, etc...

picked up him and Ebron from FA before last week. some decent news here.

Greg Olsen (foot) is practicing Wednesday.

As expected. Olsen is preparing to play this week after missing the past four weeks (three games) following a foot fracture in Week 1. It'll be a nice boost to the fantasy position, which has been ravaged by injuries, but owners will have to take Olsen week by week. He's a threat to re-injure the foot.
Oct 10 - 12:53 PM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

picked up him and Ebron from FA before last week. some decent news here.

Good for as long as it lasts. I don't see him lasting through the season though. It will be interesting to see how he is utilized.

Grabbed this guy last week just before kick off. I need him for my fill-in when Graham goes on bye week 7. After that he can get hurt or whatever.

Upgraded to full participant in today's practice...Rivera said that if he plays, there will be no restrictions.

Obviously the main concern here is going full football speed/movements and re-injury but a risk worth taking considering the TE landscape this year.

It’s a fracture, when it’s healed it’s healed it’s not like some lingering soft tissue problem. I know he had surgery on it before I get that and im not saying he’s some guaranteed difference maker. There is risk here but I really am surprised there’s not more buzz around this dude.

Cam really needs someone other than Cmac to throw the ball to. 

Not playing him this week, but if he makes it out the game with no issues then I’m rolling him out the rest of the season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

It’s a fracture, when it’s healed it’s healed it’s not like some lingering soft tissue problem. I know he had surgery on it before I get that and im not saying he’s some guaranteed difference maker. There is risk here but I really am surprised there’s not more buzz around this dude.

Cam really needs someone other than Cmac to throw the ball to. 

2nd break in two years so I would say he's high risk for sure but again, given the dumpster fire that is the TE position this year, I don't think you have much to lose.

Considering his relationship with Cam and his importance to the offense, I think he will be very good down barring health.  But that is a big ask IMO. 

Don't forget this is a Norv Turner offense that really emphasizes the TE position.

As a Panthers fan I am stunned this is happening. This is total Deja vu from last year. I have no idea why they’re bringing him back so quickly. I would love to see him shut down until playoff time. 

8 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

As a Panthers fan I am stunned this is happening. This is total Deja vu from last year. I have no idea why they’re bringing him back so quickly. I would love to see him shut down until playoff time. 

Same. I don't want him rushed like they did Daryl Williams. Would much rather the Panthers have him for the playoffs. 

Just now, Wyzzil said:

Same. I don't want him rushed like they did Daryl Williams. Would much rather the Panthers have him for the playoffs. 

His foot won't heal on its own though even with rest. So, I can see him taking some games off regardless. His time will surely be limited on the field.

As horrible as my season has gone, I am rolling Olsen out there, because the alternative isn't better. I've already lost Two Tight ends to season ending injuries and have had to plug in play each week hoping for at least 5pts.

I was tempted to stash him till late in the season, and then I ended up with Jared Cook, Vance McDonald, and Evan Engram on my team (don't ask).

I just traded him this week (along with Funchess and Dion Lewis, for Edelman) to a team who's only TE was Jesse James.

I say if you have the capacity to get rid of him, get rid of him. Otherwise, stash him and play the waiting game with how he does this week and beyond.

I'm excited I was able to grab him last week off of the WW but too risky to plug him in this week. I hope he does well on my bench so I can plug him in going forward. He's a big part of their offense when he's in and healthy. 

4 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

His foot won't heal on its own though even with rest. So, I can see him taking some games off regardless. His time will surely be limited on the field.

Exactly. Which is why I want him for playoffs.  If it's going to be a ticking time bomb i'd much rather he not risk reinjuring it in regular season and take the risk in playoffs. Luckily for the fantasy community I don't get a say in any of it lol. 

I thought that the guy might have some value based on name and how weak the TE position is but couldn't find any takers. I guess I'm holding for now and at worst he is a BYE week filler if he lasts that long. I'm not too optimistic on his health outlook. My understanding is he had surgery to repair a foot fracture last year was able to return and put up a 1 big game, 2 stinkers and  one big game in the (actual) playoffs. Then after almost retiring this offseason resigns comes back only to fracture the foot again and opted to rest it instead of surgery again. I'm assuming this isn't the preferred recovery since he sat out much longer last year so I'm not sure how he is going to fare much better. 

Edited by Jaw1