Axe Elf

Greg Olsen 2018 Outlook

This is such a terrible idea - that FedEx field grass is unforgiving.  One of the worst fields in the NFL.

19 hours ago, dams513 said:

Thoughts on his performance?

I was just happy to see him in the lineup and catch a couple of passes.

He played 59 out of 60 snaps and came out healthy.  Big injury risk but I don't think anyone will argue that he won't produce when on the field.  IF he stays healthy, I think he is easily a top 8 option with upside.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

He played 59 out of 60 snaps and came out healthy.  Big injury risk but I don't think anyone will argue that he won't produce when on the field.  IF he stays healthy, I think he is easily a top 8 option with upside.

With him getting so many snaps and targets in his first week back, I'm starting to think he's a top 6 option any given week, but around 8-9 ROS because of injury concerns

He's back!! Played basically every snap and got lot us of targets. This is good news for all of us who's waited on him 

They need his big presence badly. This team has always been a contender with him healthy. I’m assuming a much more full workload of targets next week.

Glad I got him off the WW and plan to start playing him soon.

If I didn't have a another good TE (I have Hooper) it would be worth the risk but worried to go ROS without holding Hooper as a backup TE in the probable chance he gets hurt again.

Any thoughts about his matchup @ Philadelphia for week 7? The Eagles are giving up the 3rd fewest points to TE's in fantasy this season.

I'm glad to hear Olsen is healthy, but is anyone else thinking of benching him this week?

32 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

I have him and Burton and will play Burton this week, if Olsen does well then probably start him after that.  

I am in the same situation.  Even though I dont like his target share,  still going with Burton.

16 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Benching him for Njoku

same.. i want to start olsen but njoku has some really juicy matchups coming up. hoping olsen still balls out so he can be trade bait

13 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

I have him and Burton and will play Burton this week, if Olsen does well then probably start him after that.  

Might as well pile on this as I have the same situation going on.  Was going to go with Burton but I’m now starting to lean Olsen, I have a feeling Trubisky is going to be overwhelmed by NE and limit Burton severely. 

I am happy to have grabbed him off WW...and plan to roll him out this week and sit Reed in my PPR.  Good luck all!

Benched him last week for Ebron. Will do the same until I'm wrong and then will reevaluate.

Drafted him, dropped him, then added him again last week. Rolling with him till the end. All other my TE pickups were absolutely horrible. 

I'd say he's close to a must start against the awful TB secondary this week. Could easily see a top 3 performance here.

• Like 1

Great Schedule as well...must start when healthy

I got him in a trade in week 4 (practically for free) and everyone said he wouldn’t have value at all this season lol. He’s only going to keep getting better. Beyond Kelce and Ertz he’s up there with anyone else. Luckily I have Kelce but playing Olsen in my flex with so many byes for me 

Edited by Lebowski54