Trench Mob

Trae Young 2018-2019 Season Outlook

95% of people reading this thread will have to reach to get him.  He could be a great source of threes and assists and points (for where he's drafted), but not worth where he's probably gonna go.  If I find myself punting FG% and TOs and he's there at 95, alright.  But he won't be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

95% of people reading this thread will have to reach to get him.  He could be a great source of threes and assists and points (for where he's drafted), but not worth where he's probably gonna go.  If I find myself punting FG% and TOs and he's there at 95, alright.  But he won't be.

I reached for Ben Simmons his rookie year. Never again. 

I would be quite okay with round 8 or 9.  Round 5 is nuts as you'll simply be getting fair value if he meets best-case estimates.  

Trae Young is going to have a decent floor with lots of playing time all season.  However, 7+ AST and 3+ 3PT would be unprecedented for a rookie and seems very unlikely.  

After watching him having so much trouble getting good looks in the summer league, there is no way I project Curry-like efficiency.  Safer estimate would be 40-42%, maybe worse (!).  He also has a decent chance of breaking the rookie TO record, if Hawks is determined to let him learn from mistakes.  

Despite these limitations, in the 8th, I would take him over guys like Dennis Smith, Zach Lavine, or Schroder, all of whom's best-case projections are only roughly in line with Trae Young having a disappointing campaign.   

• Like 1

This dude plays like a high school kid who’s dad finally came to his first game. I can’t imagine he won’t get benched for hiking 3’s every other play in an actual nba game. Whether they go in or not. It’s like every time he makes one it tells his brain he’s earned 4 more attempts lol

• Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 1:12 PM, Portis4Potus said:

This dude plays like a high school kid who’s dad finally came to his first game. I can’t imagine he won’t get benched for hiking 3’s every other play in an actual nba game. Whether they go in or not. It’s like every time he makes one it tells his brain he’s earned 4 more attempts lol

You mean Rob?

Just now, bplus said:

You mean Rob?

Nah dawg he’s more like a grink cus he actually makes some

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Nah dawg he’s more like a grink cus he actually makes some

Exact same size too, maybe a little smaller than grink

6 minutes ago, bplus said:

Exact same size too, maybe a little smaller than grink

There was a 12 year old at the gym the other day who looked kinda like trae young and he was droppin 3s all over us. Probably a nephew or somethin but he had a full head of hair so I’m skeptical.

16 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

There was a 12 year old at the gym the other day who looked kinda like trae young and he was droppin 3s all over us. Probably a nephew or somethin but he had a full head of hair so I’m skeptical.

He was probably a Curry nephew, since apparently they're related

Schroder gone to OKC, good news for Trae

Edited by jay14bay
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

Schroder gone to OKC, good news for Trae

Definitely. What are we expecting the split between Trae & Lin to be in the early parts and later in the year?

11 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Definitely. What are we expecting the split between Trae & Lin to be in the early parts and later in the year?

Young is there to put asses in the seats. He'll start at the start of the year, and won't be benched unless he's horrifically bad. 

1 minute ago, Portis4Potus said:

How does Dennis go from his numbers to a second string pg

Because he's one of the most immature players in the NBA. This is an L for OKC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Because he's one of the most immature players in the NBA. This is an L for OKC. 

Him and Russ will probably combine for most bricks between a teams top 2 pgs in a season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Portis4Potus said:

Him and Russ will probably combine for most bricks between a teams top 2 pgs in a season

They have the potential to combine for 20/50 which is truly an impressive feat.

5 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Scroeder wont get minutes. Felton is where it’s at.

19 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

They have the potential to combine for 20/50 which is truly an impressive feat.

you talkin 20 turnovers and 50 bricks right? bc schroeder got 19 pts and 6 dimes as the top dog on his team, i dont see russ averaging 31 and 14

19 minutes ago, bplus said:

you talkin 20 turnovers and 50 bricks right? bc schroeder got 19 pts and 6 dimes as the top dog on his team, i dont see russ averaging 31 and 14

he means FGM/FGA

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

he means FGM/FGA

id say 15 and 60 sounds more reasonable

• Like 1

They might unironically combine for something like 17/40 just based on last years numbers.  I think Schroder can develop into a LouWill type sixth man as he’s actually pretty good at getting to the basket.  I’m not going to do the research but I have to assume that 17/40 would be the worst shooting tandem in history and would basically ensure they can’t win in the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

They might unironically combine for something like 17/40 just based on last years numbers.  I think Schroder can develop into a LouWill type sixth man as he’s actually pretty good at getting to the basket.  I’m not going to do the research but I have to assume that 17/40 would be the worst shooting tandem in history and would basically ensure they can’t win in the playoffs. 

Lonzo and Rondo disagree

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jay14bay said:

Lonzo and Rondo disagree

Well they’re in the running for least efficient including FG/FT/To.  But they won’t have the same volume.  

• Like 1