Trench Mob

Trae Young 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I need to win 3's to win opening week.  This man is making sure that happens.

He's on fire!

Zero shares, but I'm an Oklahoma Sooners fan and therefore a huge Trae Young fan. Looked super impressive today. I knew he'd hit threes and rack up assists, but the two thin gs that caught my eye most were the 11 AST : 1 TO ratio, and above 50% from the field. FG% and Turnovers were his two biggest question marks as a pro, and in his third game ever he was outstanding on all counts. Very excited to watch his development.

• Like 2

Where are my Trae Young haters at??? Got him in my dynasty league in the 8th Round... Y'all Sleep! #TRAEWAY

Edited by LW_00
  • Like 1

wow...Ayton/Doncic aren't the only forerunners for best of this rookie class

Edited by kev777zero

Trigga Trae!!!!!!! 

What a showing that hat was too easy for the rook. Shredded them in pick n roll and give n go’s. His passing combined with his shooting and handles will allow him to score consistently this year. I mean shooting won’t always be this good but 18-20 ppg and 6-7 assist ain’t so much of a reach 

• Like 1

I am one lucky dude to pull off a trade for Trae just before the fantasy season started.  I was concerned about the talk about this FG% and whether or not he could produce consistently but after watching tonight's game, I'm convinced I ended up on the winning side.  I am a happy owner.

2 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

Steph Curry mixed with Kyrie. 

His handles are actually insane. If he was more efficient that could actually be a good comparison.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:18 AM, vnmslsrbms said:

How long until the Hawks GM gets fired for drafting him?  That said, he seems to do fine other than making shots.  Should eventually learn how to shoot in the NBA.  

On 10/3/2018 at 9:31 AM, atlantadynasty said:

gonna be one of those guys who shoot 4/16 on a daily basis. Might shoot a couple of nights in a row 10/16 with 5 triples and then people will get excited, add him to their roster and disappoint the following game. Rinse and repeat 

On 10/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, jmoney23 said:

I would have fired him the second he swapped the picks of Doncic and Young.

On 10/10/2018 at 9:16 PM, DLG10 said:

I needed assists late in the draft and drafted this guy tonight.  

I'm wondering if i should've just left him for another owner.

Opinions changing yet? I'm not trolling, just genuinely curious. He is a rookie, but things are pointing upward.

Amazing passing tonight, and of course the shooting was nice.

• Like 1

I mean, as a Trae Young owner, I'm still expecting sub-40% FG%, but he's still going to be very, very valuable.

Edited by andy88c

if he can shoot even 41%-42%, he will be the steal of the draft 

matter of fact, he didn’t even get drafted in my shallow 10 team league

insane line 

1 hour ago, scienze said:

if he can shoot even 41%-42%, he will be the steal of the draft 

matter of fact, he didn’t even get drafted in my shallow 10 team league

insane line 

Yeah pretty insane, I agree u drafted trae knowing he will shoot subpar for his points,3s, and assists.

15 hours ago, LW_00 said:

Where are my Trae Young haters at??? Got him in my dynasty league in the 8th Round... Y'all Sleep! #TRAEWAY

Folks who anoint him a bust right away eating their words.

If anything I thought Lin might've disrupt his value because he's a quality player.  Doesn't seem like the case now.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:34 AM, Trench Mob said:

Folks who anoint him a bust right away eating their words.

If anything I thought Lin might've disrupt his value because he's a quality player.  Doesn't seem like the case now.

Disrupt his value how? Trae is guaranteed minutes, no matter what. Much better than I expected thus far. 

I drafted Trea, Doncic and Ayton this year & out of all of these dudes I'm most excited about Trea right now. He looks lightening quick - just blows right by people at will. That combined with a Curry esq three point stroke makes him VERY fun to watch. 

• Like 1