Trench Mob

Trae Young 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, kane said:

3 bad games and without hitting 3s, rookie wall?

If yes.....it’s time to move him...?

next week will be better ..Crossing fingers.

I'm desperately trying to trade him away... his FG and TO are hurting categories. I hope he can pull together 4-5 good games.. 

12 hours ago, maxim730 said:

I'm desperately trying to trade him away... his FG and TO are hurting categories. I hope he can pull together 4-5 good games.. 

when you draft him,you should already know his FG and TO is awful and force you punt this 2 cat

Edited by kane

9 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Debating taking a chance on him. He is on waivers right now. :ph34r:

definitely take that chance

weve seen what he’s capable of 

39% FG (15 attempts per game), 0.6stl, 0.2blk, 4.1 TO... hurting you in 2 categories and not contributing in another 2..

Not even in top 150 so far.. 

Just not rosterable in many formats...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, mightyjett said:

Still contemplating if ill drop him or not😑

What league are you playing to drop him?

41 minutes ago, Akauders said:

Hang on, guys, his TOs will be back soon enough...😁

Border line hold due his assist numbers, otherwise drop city...

Wut? 

(insert funny gif / meme also saying "wut?") 

23 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Wut? 

(insert funny gif / meme also saying "wut?") 

I was ironic, since he had only 1 TO last night:)

However, I must admit - I hate this guy, his turnovers, dumb shots from distance, arrogance...and his hair style also doesn't make him more likeable😀😀

He has been highly disappointing, even if you're punting FG% and TOs. For the punt to be worthwhile he has to be boosting you solidly in his strong cats (pts, 3s, assists, FT%) just to offset his negative impact on those two categories. I'm shopping him hard but no one in my league wants him.. Sigh 

I just can’t believe he is hitting as few of 3s as he is. I know the nba line is further but I was confident 1.8 would be a floor for him. He has 8 games without a 3 made in 18 games and if you take out the explosion he had vs the lakers almost 2 weeks ago, then he has 1 made 3 in his last 6 games.

Edited by WaKe21334
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

I just can’t believe he is hitting as few of 3s as he is. I know the nba line is further but I was confident 1.8 would be a floor for him. He has 8 games without a 3 made in 18 games and if you take out the explosion he had vs the lakers almost 2 weeks ago, then he has 1 made 3 in his last 6 games.

I think he’s adjusting to the speed and pace of the NBA and the strength isn’t there yet. He dribbles a ton and uses so much energy to facilitate that when he does pull up I assume his legs aren’t under him. The first few games feel fresh but after playing 3-4 games in the fast pace NBA  , especially a freshman to rookie transition I think you’ll see a star in the making once he fully gets a year of that NBA diet and training regiment. His build isn’t the most athletic , it’s why most NBA scouts rather pick athletes then develop them. One I can think of is Westbrook, he came a long way from his UCLA days, wasn’t prolific or skilled as “ trigger trae “ but had the athletic ability to withstand the rigors. 

Edit: I think getting Collins back will help him with his 3’s as Dedmon and Collins both can shoot the 3, trae will have so many options and the defense will have to play Dedmon/Collins/Prince honest , thus allowing trae to shoot it comfortably. Defenses know he will shoot so their game plan is to body him and force him to drive but with Collins back it should be interesting 

Edited by CityBaller8

4 hours ago, WaKe21334 said:

now that i look at it, he only shot 36% in college

why was he even known as a “shooter” in the first place? 

more today with his willingness to shoot from anywhere than his actual accuracy 

On 11/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

24% from three?

this guy was compared to steph curry this time last year 

im shocked tbh 

Wonder why. 

So is this guy a buy-low player or don't you guys think he will turn it around during the season?

On 11/17/2018 at 5:48 PM, DLG10 said:

So this guy can't even hit 3's now?!?

Oklahoma very deliberately marketed him, which is why he was drafted as highly as he was. He was never an efficient player, just someone that they ran their entire offense through, resulting in stats. Pretty obvious to anyone that watched him last year. Good shooter but nowhere near as good as his reputation. 

Don't really follow college hoops to closely, but I recall Josh Lloyd harping in his season previews about how inefficient Trae Young would be and to only draft him in punt fg% builds. If you look at the first few pages of this very thread back in July several people discuss his shooting as being a major weakness too. Not sure why there is so much surprise now. Pretty much the reason why I avoided him in my roto drafts. 

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 2