Trench Mob

Trae Young 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

I hope your league also plays with no fg%, threes or steals. 

Lol

no but I think he will improve his stats during the season..

Concerning the 3´s...Even his horrible %FG...He can made 3/9 

I've been fairly content owning him in my points league. Could I go get a better player? Yeah, probably. But I'm dominating my league right now and Trae adds a little bit of fun to my roster to see what kind of lines he can put up and hope for a good game every now and then.

Hawks really traded Doncic for this guy and like a 14th overall pick huh.

• Haha 3

On 6/24/2018 at 11:01 AM, El_Chingon said:

Completely agree.  As a big 12 fan I watched him up close and personal.  Tiny in stature and even moreso with those alligator arms.  He was an efficiency nightmare as big 12 defenses clamped down on him.  Look at the fg% as the big 12 season wore on.  Too slow and small to get quality shots off against big 12 defenses.  His lack of size and athleticism will be magnified even more against NBA defenders.  I don't think he will be a complete bust by the way, but the Steph Curry comps are unrealistic and unfair.  I see him more of a Seth Curry instead of Stephen, which is still a very useful NBA player.  But for sure a bust vis-a-vis his draft position, due to his limitations I would have drafted him in the late teens or early 2nd round.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yeet said:

Hope he shows out against Luka. He isn't though is he.

Given his line of 24 pts/ 10 ast / 2 stl on 55% FG with 2 TOs, I'd say he did okay 

Dropped this fool lol. Have Will Barton coming back so I should be ok. His FG/TOs/bad FTs/random 3s hurt me so much.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:31 PM, atlantadynasty said:

gonna be one of those guys who shoot 4/16 on a daily basis. Might shoot a couple of nights in a row 10/16 with 5 triples and then people will get excited, add him to their roster and disappoint the following game. Rinse and repeat 

:rolleyes:

Jesus, he just got dropped. Don't know why. 

Gotta take him. Gonna be on board... Going to drop Bagley. 

On 12/12/2018 at 9:25 PM, XNW said:

Dropped this fool lol. Have Will Barton coming back so I should be ok. His FG/TOs/bad FTs/random 3s hurt me so much.

41 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Jesus, he just got dropped. Don't know why. 

Gotta take him. Gonna be on board... Going to drop Bagley. 

Y'all play in the same league?

• Haha 3

He was a throw in for me in a trade and I flipped him for Marcus Smart when Smart was hot.  Now Smart has declined and Trae has picked it up but Trae still hasn’t cracked the top 100 even during this good stretch of games, that’s the problem inherent to his low FG/To/stocks.  He’s definitely solid in punt FG/To or 8 cat though. 

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/30/2018 at 3:16 PM, StifleTower2 said:

He was a throw in for me in a trade and I flipped him for Marcus Smart when Smart was hot.  Now Smart has declined and Trae has picked it up but Trae still hasn’t cracked the top 100 even during this good stretch of games, that’s the problem inherent to his low FG/To/stocks.  He’s definitely solid in punt FG/To or 8 cat though. 

He just needs to get his 3pt volume back up. He's seeing a little bit less attention from the defense these days with John collins and Kevin Huerter coming on recently. He hit 4 3's today with strong percentages. If he can keep that up he'll become fantasy relevant. 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:16 PM, StifleTower2 said:

ROS, you will regret this move. Just watch.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

ROS, you will regret this move. Just watch.

Trae #41  yahoo fantasy last week. Turning it around. 

Edited by Kaii23

3 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

Trae #41  yahoo fantasy last week. Turning it around. 

Are you in 8 cat?  Because according to 9 cat  Trae is 71st in the last week, 125th in the last two weeks, and 221st the last month.  If it was 8 cat I wouldn't have made the trade to begin with.  It was 9 cat roto so I don't think I will regret it as either of them would be my 10th/11th man but at least Marcus Smart gave me a few weeks of elite steals.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Are you in 8 cat?  Because according to 9 cat  Trae is 71st in the last week, 125th in the last two weeks, and 221st the last month.  If it was 8 cat I wouldn't have made the trade to begin with.  It was 9 cat roto so I don't think I will regret it as either of them would be my 10th/11th man but at least Marcus Smart gave me a few weeks of elite steals.

That's for average stats. Which can be misleading . He's 41 in total stats. He's been on the 200's ever since his disastrous November. He's back on track now and trending way up. Buy low. 

Edited by Kaii23

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

That's for average stats. Which can be misleading . He's 41 in total stats. He's been on the 200's ever since his disastrous November. He's back on track now and trending way up. Buy low. 

Total stats can be misleading as well, particularly for roto.  If he's played 4 games in a week at 71 value per game then his total stats will be higher than someone who played three games at top 50 value but it will also cost you 4 games instead of 3.  In H2H you might prefer to track things on a total basis but in roto it's generally better to track per game.

Got him off waivers in my 9-cat 12 team league. Pretty happy with him since I am punting FG% and TO (Shout Out to Donovan Mitchell and Draymond Green)

I won't lie that I was very skeptical about his development (I even jokingly called him Brandon Jenning 2.0), but it is encouraging to see that he has been taking better shots (been taking single digit shots when he is below 40% for the past month) and understands his struggles at face value.  Still unsexy FG%, but I would take low 40% over 39% any day.

Also, my line up is a bit PG heavy, so I don't need great TO numbers.

Edited by hansonslee

3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Sell High or finally coming thru?

Finally coming thru