Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

WmmvtFc.jpg

Strengths & Weaknesses Source: Youtube / ESPN / DraftExpress - 

College Stats Source: Fox Sports -

0xEf2bG.png

Projected category boost - Points, FG%, Rebounds, and Blocks.

Potential harmful categories - FT% ( not punt territory though ) and maybe his defensive stats dip because of exposure.

Estimated ADP - Between Round 4 and Round 5.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

If he can play 30 mins, 53% 14pt 8reb 0.5stl 1.2blk.

not worth a round 4-5 pick. maybe 6 for the upside

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 10:08 PM, littlesamtung said:

If he can play 30 mins, 53% 14pt 8reb 0.5stl 1.2blk.

This is spot on

He should get a lot of burn with PHO.. it'll be interesting to see how he works with booker. I'd like to see PHO land a passing PG during free agency to help him get easier looks. Will also be watching how his defense looks... doesnt block as well as other bigs, considering how athletic he is. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2018 at 5:08 PM, DLove said:

He should get a lot of burn with PHO.. it'll be interesting to see how he works with booker. I'd like to see PHO land a passing PG during free agency to help him get easier looks. Will also be watching how his defense looks... doesnt block as well as other bigs, considering how athletic he is. 

I don't know how much a pass first PG is going to matter....Jackson doesn't space the floor. Warren doesn't space the floor. I worry about how congested it is going to be for Ayton when Booker is their only real 3 point threat. I am pretty sure defenses would live with Jackson and Warren bombing away from 3 if it meant making the paint more congested and difficult to operate/cut in. 

I get that Ayton is a freak athlete and has an NBA ready body. I just really worry about the ability of "old school" bigs to impact the game now a days. If this was a decade ago Ayton would be the no brainer #1 pick in a dynasty draft. But now I am thinking about trading down in my dynasty draft, adding an asset, and passing on Ayton. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I don't know how much a pass first PG is going to matter....Jackson doesn't space the floor. Warren doesn't space the floor. I worry about how congested it is going to be for Ayton when Booker is their only real 3 point threat. I am pretty sure defenses would live with Jackson and Warren bombing away from 3 if it meant making the paint more congested and difficult to operate/cut in. 

I get that Ayton is a freak athlete and has an NBA ready body. I just really worry about the ability of "old school" bigs to impact the game now a days. If this was a decade ago Ayton would be the no brainer #1 pick in a dynasty draft. But now I am thinking about trading down in my dynasty draft, adding an asset, and passing on Ayton. 

Ayton hit 34% of his 3s at Arizona. Expect him to shoot around 30% as a rookie on low volume, but that number will creep upwards over the next few years. Ayton likely won't have to worry much about spacing. This is the NBA. He's not going to post up 8 times per game. He will be a part of the spacing.

And Warren is quite reliable from mid-range, and will turn 25 before next season. He's nowhere near Jackson levels of problematic for spacing, and it's still very possible that he develops a 3-point shot. His window is closing, though.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Ayton hit 34% of his 3s at Arizona. Expect him to shoot around 30% as a rookie on low volume, but that number will creep upwards over the next few years. Ayton likely won't have to worry much about spacing. This is the NBA. He's not going to post up 8 times per game. He will be a part of the spacing.

And Warren is quite reliable from mid-range, and will turn 25 before next season. He's nowhere near Jackson levels of problematic for spacing, and it's still very possible that he develops a 3-point shot. His window is closing, though.

I like Bagley's shot potential much more than Ayton's. The thing that confuses me is that Ayton has already come out saying he wants to dominate the block...and that isn't something to be "proud" of these days. I forget who was reporting that, but I interpret that as Ayton wanting to post up 8 times per game. In order for Ayton to be a real threat for fantasy teams he needs to be a lot more roll than pop after he screens. 

• Thanks 1

From what I've seen, he has a great motor. And the Suns play at a extremely high pace. Good combinations. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 11:58 AM, thezing1 said:

I like Bagley's shot potential much more than Ayton's. The thing that confuses me is that Ayton has already come out saying he wants to dominate the block...and that isn't something to be "proud" of these days. I forget who was reporting that, but I interpret that as Ayton wanting to post up 8 times per game. In order for Ayton to be a real threat for fantasy teams he needs to be a lot more roll than pop after he screens. 

Bagley has a LONG way to go. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cdd10 said:

Bagley has a LONG way to go. 

I think all of these 19 year olds have a long way to go. That is why I don't really draft rookies. The KAT, CP3 type rookie seasons are the outliers. 

• Like 2