Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

32 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

I drafted him for his blocks. KAT-Collins-Ayton could've been sick. Damn it.

Why would you do that? I don’t remember seeing anything leading up to drafts that would have made anyone think he would be a plus in blocks.

Just now, aMediumPace said:

Why would you do that? I don’t remember seeing anything leading up to drafts that would have made anyone think he would be a plus in blocks.

College stats & predictions. Drafted weeks before preseason. I was reading 1.4 blocks prediction during the preseason as well. Had high hopes for him.

2 hours ago, aMediumPace said:

He blocked 10 shots in 134 min (2 bpg) in preseason. 

3 hours ago, pyro7 said:

he needs a proper pg

He's averaging over 16 ppg on 61% FG. What more do you expect from a rookie?

43 minutes ago, borgore said:

He's averaging over 16 ppg on 61% FG. What more do you expect from a rookie?

better

• Haha 1

I dont own him anywhere but I think he has the chance to be very very good one day. If played even average defense he’d be a monster, this offense from a rookie is already incredible

• Like 1

Been saying this, Lonzo is a perfect fit for PHX.

Will make things easier for Booker and Ayton.

42 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

Been saying this, Lonzo is a perfect fit for PHX.

Will make things easier for Booker and Ayton.

My dream scenario 💤

3 blocks and broke Blake's head... Ben Wallace in the making!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/21/2018 at 2:22 AM, Kamura said:

Is this guy not just Kanter in disguise?

Don't get the hype at all

Yeah he is Kanter....If Kanter did what Ayton is doing in his rookie season.

This dude is already doing better than Kanter’s best season. Kanter can only dream of having the midrange shot Ayton has. Kanter’s post game is nice, but Ayton’s is better. Kanter has typically been a blackhole in the post, but we have seen Ayton is a willing passer. Ayton has the potential of more stocks than Kanter. See today and the preseason for examples of that. 

If you don’t see the hype or potential in this dude that at the very least in his rookie year is already equal to Kanter, it is because you don’t want to see it for whatever reason.

16 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yeah he is Kanter....If Kanter did what Ayton is doing in his rookie season.

This dude is already doing better than Kanter’s best season. Kanter can only dream of having the midrange shot Ayton has. Kanter’s post game is nice, but Ayton’s is better. Kanter has typically been a blackhole in the post, but we have seen Ayton is a willing passer. Ayton has the potential of more stocks than Kanter. See today and the preseason for examples of that. 

If you don’t see the hype or potential in this dude that at the very least in his rookie year is already equal to Kanter, it is because you don’t want to see it for whatever reason.

I mean, Kanter didn't get the chance to showcase in the first few years of his career, playing behind both Milsapp and Al Jeff. Ayton has no competition for those minutes. 

Ayton has the higher upside due to his physical attributes, but statistically and style wise, there are similarities with Kanter. I do agree, he's a more willing passer. 

Edited by tremixt

After first game with 3 blocks i got offer that i couldn`t reject - traded him for Beal. But this trade may be vetoed, because i am 1st and only cat where i had some problems is 3s.

I wish all of Ayton`s owners here, to get this projected 1.7 blocks from DeAndre and to not get angry with Booker and Igor very often!

I been debating trading him but he has been a FG anchor for awhile on my team and he has a whole season to get better. Im hoping he starts taking more shots in the 15 per game range. He can easily be a 25 point per game type of guy if he starts shooting more based on his fg%.

41 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I been debating trading him but he has been a FG anchor for awhile on my team and he has a whole season to get better. Im hoping he starts taking more shots in the 15 per game range. He can easily be a 25 point per game type of guy if he starts shooting more based on his fg%.

I've been debating unloading him too but havent yet to your points on fg %, plus if this dude can just even get to a solid block a game and throw in a steal every now and then watch out. 

5 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

I've been debating unloading him too but havent yet to your points on fg %, plus if this dude can just even get to a solid block a game and throw in a steal every now and then watch out. 

6 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I've been considering it too. When the hype exceeds the fantasy production... that seems like a good time to cash in. I like his talent, but in redraft, is he honestly that much different than Tristan Thompson? 

6aa533bddc2138365cc5a1e4fc69a005.png

The whole idea that he's going to suddenly start blocking seems a bit hopeful. Blocks seem like an instinctive thing that you either have or you don't... unless his timing is just slightly off (in my pickup days I sometimes found that I was jumping slightly too early, and needed to wait a millisecond before going for the block)

I like Ayton. Probably deserves to be ranked top 50 overall. But if someone wants to pay a premium for a shiny thing... I have a shiny thing for sale. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

hes been 26th overall last 2 weeks with 0.6 and 0.7 blks/steals. 

35th overall on the year. I think I value him more as a 3rd rd player and I hate centers who don't get blks or steals. 

hes only going to improve so you just have to figure out how to handle the low stocks.

would you rather have JJJ 1/1/2 line on 12 pt 4 reb?

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

35th overall on the year. I think I value him more as a 3rd rd player and I hate centers who don't get blks or steals. 

hes only going to improve so you just have to figure out how to handle the low stocks.

Hell no. Rather have Ayton.

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

JJJ hasn`t one very important thing, that Ayton has - consistency. With Ayton you know what you got nightly and every block is a bonus, but mins are there. With JJJ you have a team who is fighting for the playoffs and is not set to develop young player this season. JJJ`s value is too much for me. In my league, his owner wanted Gobert from me in swap. Crazy!