Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

I find this funny. 

Player A: 69% fg, 58% ft, 15 pts 12.5 rebs 1.5 assists 1 steal 2 blocks.

Player B: 62% fg, 79% ft, 16.5 pts, 10.5 rebs, 2.5 assists 0.7 steals 0.9 blocks

Player A is Gobert, ranked top 10 and player B is ayton ranked around 35. In my opinion the only significant differences are in fg% ft% and blocks. Rudy wins fg% and gives an extra block per game. Ayton destroys him in ft% and also scores little more and dimes a little more and gobert rebs a little more.

See how small the difference is? Yet gobert was a 2nd rounder and ranked 1st round right now and there are no complaints about him.

I think people need to recognize that ayton is a fantasy beast and will only be improving as this season goes on. 3 blocks last night and 2 steals but finally had a dud scoring night. Top 30 ros imo. 

That 1.1 block difference is significant though, since blocks are probably the hardest category to accumulate. 

35 minutes ago, fabrar said:

That 1.1 block difference is significant though, since blocks are probably the hardest category to accumulate. 

Agreed.  

Player A: 62% fg, 79% ft, 16.5 pts, 10.5 rebs, 2.5 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.9 blocks

Player B: 54% fg, 84% ft, 15.3 pts, 11.8 rebs, 2.1 assists, 0.4 steals, 0.5 blocks

Player A is Ayton, ranked 35.  Player B is Enes Kanter, ranked 82.  There is a tendency to overlook the significance of defensive stats because .5 vs .9 may not appear to be a huge gap, however, it is quite significant.  1.1 Blks is the difference between a top 30 player vs a mid round player.  If Enes Kanter got an additional 1.1 BLKs per game, he'd be a top 20 player.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Agreed.  

Player A: 62% fg, 79% ft, 16.5 pts, 10.5 rebs, 2.5 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.9 blocks

Player B: 54% fg, 84% ft, 15.3 pts, 11.8 rebs, 2.1 assists, 0.4 steals, 0.5 blocks

Player A is Ayton, ranked 35.  Player B is Enes Kanter, ranked 82.  There is a tendency to overlook the significance of defensive stats because .5 vs .9 may not appear to be a huge gap, however, it is quite significant.  1.1 Blks is the difference between a top 30 player vs a mid round player.  If Enes Kanter got an additional 1.1 BLKs per game, he'd be a top 20 player.

I have both kanter and ayton and am always whining why cant you 7 footers just get 1.5 blks a game whyyyyy lol

Edited by mmcc1029

47 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

I have both kanter and ayton and am always whining why cant you 7 footers just get 1.5 blks a game whyyyyy lol

Last 2 weeks at 1.1 blocks and last week 1.8 blocks. could easily see him trend up to average nearly 1.5. maybe more like 1.2-1.3 is a realistic number but 1.5 wouldn't be shocking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pyro7 said:

no booker, should've scored 30.

And Josh "MJ" Jackson shouldn`t tried 21 bricks... i mean shots, but that is Phoenix Suns.

12 hours ago, Nazyef said:

Would you rather have Ayton or Jaren Jackson for keeper/dynasty leagues? 

JJJ and it isn't very close. I like to build around stocks. Both will be good. 

I think this is a discussion topic. If you start asking more specific stuff with your team you need to take it to the AC forum. 

6 hours ago, thezing1 said:

JJJ and it isn't very close. I like to build around stocks. Both will be good. 

I think this is a discussion topic. If you start asking more specific stuff with your team you need to take it to the AC forum. 

how is it not close? jjj averages 4 rebounds on the season and shoots 10% less from the field than ayton. also doesn't score as much. 

that one extra block and three doesnt really cover all that.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

how is it not close? jjj averages 4 rebounds on the season and shoots 10% less from the field than ayton. also doesn't score as much. 

Watch them play it's plain as day JJJ is the more talented player in almost every way. 

2 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Watch them play it's plain as day JJJ is the more talented player in almost every way. 

pau gasol was more talented than shaq, doesn’t mean he’s better 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

Who the hell would take ayton over jjj :lol::lol:

i mean, ayton is currently ranked almost 10 spots higher than jjj (20 spots in my league that counts fgm and ftm) 

so to say “jjj is better and its not even close” is disingenuous at best. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i mean, ayton is currently ranked almost 10 spots higher than jjj (20 spots in my league that counts fgm and ftm) 

Foul trouble, he was 18 last month. The game has changed, JJJ is the perfect specimen for positionless basketball & the 3 game. It's over now, by the end of the season even the most die-hard Ayton fans will understand JJJ is and will be a much better player in real life & fantasy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

Foul trouble, he was 18 last month. The game has changed, JJJ is the perfect specimen for positionless basketball & the 3 game. It's over now, by the end of the season even the most die-hard Ayton fans will understand JJJ is and will be a much better player in real life & fantasy. 

well see .. don’t forget that ayton also has more competition over in memphis 

JJJ is the more valuable fantasy player and has higher upside. He will also be the better real life player - Ayton is an awful defensive player. 

With that being said Ayton is still very good, JJJ is just on another level because of his defensive numbers and relatively raw offensive game. 

22 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

The question was dynasty/keeper. 

Ayton fell into a massive role and he was considered NBA ready. He projects to a far lower cieling. 

JJJ is 19, battling foul trouble, playing as a solid third option, and still crushing. His game is made for fantasy. Projects to a far higher cieling. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, thezing1 said:

The question was dynasty/keeper. 

Ayton fell into a massive role and he was considered NBA ready. He projects to a far lower cieling. 

JJJ is 19, battling foul trouble, playing as a solid third option, and still crushing. His game is made for fantasy. Projects to a far higher cieling. 

Ayton was a number one pick for a reason .. and his blocks are trending up too

I just think to act like it’s not close and like JJJ will for sure be better is silly. He might be, but it’s hard to call right now. Ayton could easily end up a 25-12 with 1.5 blocks on high percentages player. that would be first round value. 

Theres no telling right now, but you can’t go wrong either way IMO 

On 12/1/2018 at 9:08 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

9-cat per 36 JJJ is at 51 and Ayton is at 118. Give them the same minutes and useage and it's really not that close. JJJ's game is tailor made for fantasy as he can provide efficiency along with 3's and elite stocks. Youngest player in the league and he's already had a 36 point game and a 7 block game. This isn't some knock on Ayton...he's real good man and he's definitely a strong dynasty asset. But JJJ's ceiling is absolutely insane. 

Edited by HK-47

I think Ayton's FG% is gonna trend down slightly. Hopefully his other stats boosts can make up for it. The Suns team is becoming a mess though with a Zion Williamson bound record.

9 hours ago, overtime2000 said:

As a Ayton owner, I'm praying Booker is OK

Without Booker, I think Ayton will struggle.

There is no relief valve from defenses when Booker is off the court. Warren will soak up a lot of usage, but everyone is going to struggle to get decent looks. Ayton might even find himself getting double teamed...I do think that is unlikely though because defenses can play the Suns straight up and still handle them easily while Booker is out. The Suns need to relieve Booker and Ayton is what led to Warren getting a bigger role. The Suns are broken, but I think this season really highlights the urgency to try and plug the holes in their roster. I think they will look pretty different next year. I would love to start seeing Ayton put up 20+ shots in the near future. He needs to push the boundary and find the bad shots instead of being passive and only taking safe shots.