Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

What's up with this guys mins now? he had one thing going for him, in that they played him in blowouts. Are they not doing that anymore?

35 minutes ago, halbounih said:

What's up with this guys mins now? he had one thing going for him, in that they played him in blowouts. Are they not doing that anymore?

The Kings destroyed them in the first half and Ayton had 0 fouls. I think this was a message that at some point he has to be physical...especially when a team is blitzing you in the first half. There are not many things I would takeaway from today's game. It was a mauling. Just disregard and move on to the next one. 

• Thanks 1

Love this kid butnonce he strings togther a couple good games, I’ll be shipping him off due to terrible playoffs schedule

8 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

I dont own Ayton in any leagues but LOLOLOLOL. This is an easy way for a coach to get himself fired. 

Ayton is sick according to the Suns announcers. 

3 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Ayton is sick according to the Suns announcers. 

If he is sick, send him home to rest, why keep him on the bench?

• Like 1

Who cares how they play this one out. They are undermanned and terrible.  I I have ayton I'd rather have him against Leonard and Collins than Nurk. 

if you haven't really watched this guy...you might not know...he is AWFUL, like may not be in the league in 5 years awful.  He's tissue soft with no court awareness on either end.  He's an athlete all right, but he's no basketball player.  When guys like Ricky Rubio drive to the rim he chases them like a Labrador with not even a thought of trying to get his hand up or (heaven forbid) try to block a shot on the move.  Rookie bigs with an inkling of defensive talent are constantly in foul trouble because 1) they get no respect and 2) they're over aggressive trying to make an impact on the defensive end.  Ayton doesn't have this problem...he doesn't know how to play the sport

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, unclebengi said:

if you haven't really watched this guy...you might not know...he is AWFUL, like may not be in the league in 5 years awful.  He's tissue soft with no court awareness on either end.  He's an athlete all right, but he's no basketball player.  When guys like Ricky Rubio drive to the rim he chases them like a Labrador with not even a thought of trying to get his hand up or (heaven forbid) try to block a shot on the move.  Rookie bigs with an inkling of defensive talent are constantly in foul trouble because 1) they get no respect and 2) they're over aggressive trying to make an impact on the defensive end.  Ayton doesn't have this problem...he doesn't know how to play the sport

I haven't seen him play so I can't say for sure, but this seems like an extreme assessment.

Ayton's 20 and putting up top 50 value (albeit on a bad team) - so I'm not sure there is too much to be concerned about from a fantasy perspective.

He also blocked shots in college (as you'd expect from a 7'1 centre) so surely those have a reasonable chance of coming on ROS.

Edited by flat_eric

i coupled ayton with mitchell robinson so i feel like im getting good big men contributions from the 2. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, t0087669 said:

If he is sick, send him home to rest, why keep him on the bench?

The strategy of the Suns is: he will infect the other guys with the flu /reported "stomach issue" is symptome/ and then they will ask NBA to replace all of their roster /until they are healthy/ with the roster of Northern Arizona Suns, so they will be sure, that there will be no more wins in the near future.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, flat_eric said:

I haven't seen him play so I can't say for sure, but this seems like an extreme assessment.

Ayton's 20 and putting up top 50 value (albeit on a bad team) - so I'm not sure there is too much to be concerned about from a fantasy perspective.

He also blocked shots in college (as you'd expect from a 7'1 centre) so surely those have a reasonable chance of coming on ROS.

He can put up offensive stats no doubt, but he's not a winning basketball player and I highly doubt he becomes one, Enes Kanter is his upside imo

Edited by unclebengi

10 hours ago, unclebengi said:

if you haven't really watched this guy...you might not know...he is AWFUL, like may not be in the league in 5 years awful.

8 minutes ago, unclebengi said:

He can put up offensive stats no doubt, but he's not a winning basketball player and I highly doubt he becomes one, Enes Kanter is his upside imo

tumblr_o4gmwlxNtB1udh5n8o1_500.gif

You deduced this after 25 games?  A 20 year old rookie that has had a recent stretch of so-so games, but is still averaging 15.8 and 10?  I am not saying he is better than KAT, but do you know what KAT averaged his first 25 games?  15.3 and 8.8.

I have watched his games, and he is already better than Kanter or at the very least on his level.  So no, Kanter is not his upside.  He is already there as a rookie.

33 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

tumblr_o4gmwlxNtB1udh5n8o1_500.gif

You deduced this after 25 games?  A 20 year old rookie that has had a recent stretch of so-so games, but is still averaging 15.8 and 10?  I am not saying he is better than KAT, but do you know what KAT averaged his first 25 games?  15.3 and 8.8.

I have watched his games, and he is already better than Kanter or at the very least on his level.  So no, Kanter is not his upside.  He is already there as a rookie.

Kanter's stats PER 36 this season are 19.7(P) - 15.5(R) just sayin' :D 

EDIT: and previous seasons:

You think Ayton can top this... ? I think he can...

BUT BUT BUT...

his defence is atrocious to say at least... ok we get it... he's just not a good defender (and that's ok)... BUT his lack of effort is really worrying...

image.png.206ae9da88547c64e2e29d756b4a365a.png

Edited by Stefan

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:

6 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

it's time to fire Phoenix's head coach