Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

What's up with this guys mins now? he had one thing going for him, in that they played him in blowouts. Are they not doing that anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, halbounih said:

What's up with this guys mins now? he had one thing going for him, in that they played him in blowouts. Are they not doing that anymore?

The Kings destroyed them in the first half and Ayton had 0 fouls. I think this was a message that at some point he has to be physical...especially when a team is blitzing you in the first half. There are not many things I would takeaway from today's game. It was a mauling. Just disregard and move on to the next one. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this kid butnonce he strings togther a couple good games, I’ll be shipping him off due to terrible playoffs schedule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

I dont own Ayton in any leagues but LOLOLOLOL. This is an easy way for a coach to get himself fired. 

Ayton is sick according to the Suns announcers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Ayton is sick according to the Suns announcers. 

If he is sick, send him home to rest, why keep him on the bench?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares how they play this one out. They are undermanned and terrible.  I I have ayton I'd rather have him against Leonard and Collins than Nurk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you haven't really watched this guy...you might not know...he is AWFUL, like may not be in the league in 5 years awful.  He's tissue soft with no court awareness on either end.  He's an athlete all right, but he's no basketball player.  When guys like Ricky Rubio drive to the rim he chases them like a Labrador with not even a thought of trying to get his hand up or (heaven forbid) try to block a shot on the move.  Rookie bigs with an inkling of defensive talent are constantly in foul trouble because 1) they get no respect and 2) they're over aggressive trying to make an impact on the defensive end.  Ayton doesn't have this problem...he doesn't know how to play the sport

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, unclebengi said:

if you haven't really watched this guy...you might not know...he is AWFUL, like may not be in the league in 5 years awful.  He's tissue soft with no court awareness on either end.  He's an athlete all right, but he's no basketball player.  When guys like Ricky Rubio drive to the rim he chases them like a Labrador with not even a thought of trying to get his hand up or (heaven forbid) try to block a shot on the move.  Rookie bigs with an inkling of defensive talent are constantly in foul trouble because 1) they get no respect and 2) they're over aggressive trying to make an impact on the defensive end.  Ayton doesn't have this problem...he doesn't know how to play the sport


I haven't seen him play so I can't say for sure, but this seems like an extreme assessment.

 

Ayton's 20 and putting up top 50 value (albeit on a bad team) - so I'm not sure there is too much to be concerned about from a fantasy perspective.

He also blocked shots in college (as you'd expect from a 7'1 centre) so surely those have a reasonable chance of coming on ROS.

Edited by flat_eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i coupled ayton with mitchell robinson so i feel like im getting good big men contributions from the 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, t0087669 said:

If he is sick, send him home to rest, why keep him on the bench?

The strategy of the Suns is: he will infect the other guys with the flu /reported "stomach issue" is symptome/ and then they will ask NBA to replace all of their roster /until they are healthy/ with the roster of Northern Arizona Suns, so they will be sure, that there will be no more wins in the near future.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, flat_eric said:


I haven't seen him play so I can't say for sure, but this seems like an extreme assessment.

 

Ayton's 20 and putting up top 50 value (albeit on a bad team) - so I'm not sure there is too much to be concerned about from a fantasy perspective.

He also blocked shots in college (as you'd expect from a 7'1 centre) so surely those have a reasonable chance of coming on ROS.

He can put up offensive stats no doubt, but he's not a winning basketball player and I highly doubt he becomes one, Enes Kanter is his upside imo

Edited by unclebengi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, unclebengi said:

if you haven't really watched this guy...you might not know...he is AWFUL, like may not be in the league in 5 years awful.

 

8 minutes ago, unclebengi said:

He can put up offensive stats no doubt, but he's not a winning basketball player and I highly doubt he becomes one, Enes Kanter is his upside imo

 

tumblr_o4gmwlxNtB1udh5n8o1_500.gif

 

You deduced this after 25 games?  A 20 year old rookie that has had a recent stretch of so-so games, but is still averaging 15.8 and 10?  I am not saying he is better than KAT, but do you know what KAT averaged his first 25 games?  15.3 and 8.8.

 

I have watched his games, and he is already better than Kanter or at the very least on his level.  So no, Kanter is not his upside.  He is already there as a rookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

 

tumblr_o4gmwlxNtB1udh5n8o1_500.gif

 

You deduced this after 25 games?  A 20 year old rookie that has had a recent stretch of so-so games, but is still averaging 15.8 and 10?  I am not saying he is better than KAT, but do you know what KAT averaged his first 25 games?  15.3 and 8.8.

 

I have watched his games, and he is already better than Kanter or at the very least on his level.  So no, Kanter is not his upside.  He is already there as a rookie.

 

Kanter's stats PER 36 this season are 19.7(P) - 15.5(R) just sayin' :D 

EDIT: and previous seasons:

You think Ayton can top this... ? I think he can...

BUT BUT BUT...

his defence is atrocious to say at least... ok we get it... he's just not a good defender (and that's ok)... BUT his lack of effort is really worrying...

image.png.206ae9da88547c64e2e29d756b4a365a.png

Edited by Stefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:

6 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

it's time to fire Phoenix's head coach

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.