Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

lol,

 

I just tweeted the Enes Kanter comparison to Bruski a few nights ago and called Ayton awful so I may have been in his head when he wrote that, but he's obviously seeing the same thing I'm seeing.  Again, Ayton can put up offensive numbers, but I've never seen him do s--- in competitive high pressure situations.  I admit I'm a hyperbolic MFer, but it's easy for me to see that Wendell, Jaren, and even Bagley have the potential to be franchise cornerstones...Ayton is faaaar behind those guys (yes even Bagley) and the lack of effort, court awareness, and competitive fire is striking.  He's the biggest reason they have 4 wins, watching him play hurts my eyes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

it's time to fire Phoenix's head coach

Why? The roster is broken. Every coach would struggle to win games with this roster when Booker is injured. 

10 minutes ago, unclebengi said:

 

Bruski owns shares of Ayton and he has him in the high stakes NFBKC league. I'm sure he has been tracking him all season. He has also always been high on Holmes.

 

There is basically no takeaway after last night's game. Everyone needs to chill out. Ayton is going to get minutes. Starting, off the bench, doesn't matter. He is being taught a lesson. I day this as someone who owns shares of Holmes in my higher stakes leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be quite awhile before this team is even respectable. Booker's comments about being super team in the near future is straight up delusional; made me chuckle last week. Bless him though.

 

If the Suns were serious about winning at this current moment, Holmes would be getting a lot more minutes. Maybe even a split. That illness report may very well be a front, and that wouldn't be shocking.

 

I remember Phoenix hosted a pizza party for a little kid like a month ago who was abandoned by his classmates. It's just a little kid, so he doesn't know any better, but if they offer a grown adult free VIP passes, they're probably be skeptical, might or might not go; make up some excuse to reject the offer. The team is that bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why doesn't this dude shoot threes? Pretty odd to burn a #1 pick in today's NBA on a centre that can't shoot 'em. If his defense was elite maybe you could live with it.

 

I'm sensing Okafor vibes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

Why? The roster is broken. Every coach would struggle to win games with this roster when Booker is injured. 

Bruski owns shares of Ayton and he has him in the high stakes NFBKC league. I'm sure he has been tracking him all season. He has also always been high on Holmes.

 

There is basically no takeaway after last night's game. Everyone needs to chill out. Ayton is going to get minutes. Starting, off the bench, doesn't matter. He is being taught a lesson. I day this as someone who owns shares of Holmes in my higher stakes leagues. 

 

I'm in multiple NFBKC leagues as well, including a few with Bruski.  I avoided Ayton like the plague throughout draft season but in my last draft (a super league no less) due to fear of missing out, I reached for Ayton as a hedge in case I was just wrong about my evaluation of him...

 

Turns out I wasn't wrong and I'm kicking myself, because while he's put up good fantasy numbers to this point, the more his coach and teammates learn what a waste of talent and space cadet he is, the less minutes and opportunity he'll get...I also hedged and reached for another guy I had no shares of in LeVert in the super league...#fantasylife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently traded him away for Chris Paul and I definitely won't miss watching him or the Suns organization as a whole. Pre-season was a huge pump fake as his effort level on defence is almost zero. Booker is no better and this organization is just breeding losers by the way they play each night. At least Philly players competed during their tank days and you can see the difference between guys like Booker/Ayton and a guy like Robert Covington in terms of effort level.

 

With that said, I feel like Ayton has been pretty consistent thus far for a rookie Fantasy wise. If you're really that upset with how he's produced so far then you probably took him too high after the pre-season. Real life he's been terrible though and might be the worst starting C in terms of defence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Recently traded him away for Chris Paul and I definitely won't miss watching him or the Suns organization as a whole. Pre-season was a huge pump fake as his effort level on defence is almost zero. Booker is no better and this organization is just breeding losers by the way they play each night. At least Philly players competed during their tank days and you can see the difference between guys like Booker/Ayton and a guy like Robert Covington in terms of effort level.

 

With that said, I feel like Ayton has been pretty consistent thus far for a rookie Fantasy wise. If you're really that upset with how he's produced so far then you probably took him too high after the pre-season. Real life he's been terrible though and might be the worst starting C in terms of defence.

 Could this be true ?

BTW I agree... He's the worst starting C in terms of defence !

 

5c0afe7be594f_aaaaaaa(1).jpg.57c2b5c840b57549a7b85184e5b54ce3.jpg

Edited by Stefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

"Don't compare me to Ayton, I actually play defense!" - Embiid

✨✨ ahahahah

touchee ✨✨

Edited by Stefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is an absolute flop... #1 pick my a**, the raptors passed the ball THROUGH HIS LEGS 3 effing times in one game

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he really that bad? Some of these takes on him have been crazy. We knew his defense would be bad, I don't get what people are crying about. KAT doesn't play defense either, still a fantasy beast. For a rookie, Ayton is putting up great numbers.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Is he really that bad? Some of these takes on him have been crazy. We knew his defense would be bad, I don't get what people are crying about. KAT doesn't play defense either, still a fantasy beast. For a rookie, Ayton is putting up great numbers.

 

It's because he absolutely bombs the eye test. He needs to be force fed for most of his offense, and on defense he concedes everything within 5 feet of the basket and has no help awareness/effort. Pretty stark contrast from fantasy and real life impact.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, strega said:

 

It's because he absolutely bombs the eye test. He needs to be force fed for most of his offense, and on defense he concedes everything within 5 feet of the basket and has no help awareness/effort. Pretty stark contrast from fantasy and real life impact.

What is he to you? Who is his NBA comparison? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are just mad because they used a 3rd round pick on him. Yea his defense isn’t very good...but not many guys play good D in the nba these days. Ayton will be a good player in the NBA and all these people trashing him are just angry they drafted him too high and he isn’t producing beast all around  numbers for them. Get over it- you shouldn’t have reached so high for him. 

Edited by FrankLilly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

What is he to you? Who is his NBA comparison? 

 

Offensively he's a finesse big like a younger, less refined Aldridge. Defensively he's like Bargnani- decent man defender that is forced to play center because of his size, but has no understanding of help defense/rim protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've trashed him as a player, and said I drafted him in one league and regret it, but that's on me.  If anything I'm mad at myself for not trusting my evaluation.  He's not killing me in that league, but in the leagues I play in it's super thin margins and a lot of times you draft guys like Ayton or Hollis-Jefferson for example where when you really get to watch them play you realize how bad they are and you know that upside you hoped for just isn't there.  I haven't watched the Cavs at all this year, but I'd assume it's a big reason why Larry Nance can't get minutes.  I really try to avoid these high stat/poor basketball player types because teams are getting smarter with using advanced analytics and realizing the true value of defense and bball IQ.  By the end of the year I may not regret drafting Ayton at all, especially as the Suns are trying to lose games.  The more he plays the more they lose.  But make no mistake, he is a trash player and the things he lacks are some of the stickiest lower level stats.  Okafor is out the league, it's not an entirely different situation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, unclebengi said:

I've trashed him as a player, and said I drafted him in one league and regret it, but that's on me.  If anything I'm mad at myself for not trusting my evaluation.  He's not killing me in that league, but in the leagues I play in it's super thin margins and a lot of times you draft guys like Ayton or Hollis-Jefferson for example where when you really get to watch them play you realize how bad they are and you know that upside you hoped for just isn't there.  I haven't watched the Cavs at all this year, but I'd assume it's a big reason why Larry Nance can't get minutes.  I really try to avoid these high stat/poor basketball player types because teams are getting smarter with using advanced analytics and realizing the true value of defense and bball IQ.  By the end of the year I may not regret drafting Ayton at all, especially as the Suns are trying to lose games.  The more he plays the more they lose.  But make no mistake, he is a trash player and the things he lacks are some of the stickiest lower level stats.  Okafor is out the league, it's not an entirely different situation.  

Wow, I'm just dumbfound at how trash Ayton is. One of the most refined offensive big men we've seen in recent memory averaging 16 a game 25 games into his rookie year is absolute garbage. No talent there at all. Hopefully the Suns figure out that this guy (and the rest of their roster, including Booker) totally suck and they blow it up and sign new players. They have no one on their team that's worth anything because none of them play defense! 

 

Listen man, I'm not calling you out for your opinion. Everyone has their own, and that's great. All I'm saying is, I don't get why people are totally trashing this guy of late. He's the reason they're losing games? Total BS. No one on that team plays defense, you can't call out Ayton when Booker is looking like Harden when he doesn't have the ball on the other end. For the 10th time on this thread, WE KNEW HE WASN'T GOING TO PLAY DEFENSE! If you want defense, go watch JJJ or WCJ. You're not getting it with Ayton. Why are we expecting him to be 1st or 2nd team all defense? What in your evaluations suggested he would be a good defender? It's like saying, oh, I think Kyle Anderson is gonna average 25 a game this year. You guys are expecting something thst isn't gonna happen with Ayton on defense. Besides that, what are we talking about here? He's a solid rebounder, good passer, and already a stud on the offensive side of the ball. 

Edited by RedRaider27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's about HOW bad, there's a reason Enes Kanter just can't see the floor in a competitive game against a good team that knows he can't defend pick and roll.  They will attack him every single time until the coach takes him off the floor.  I don't have a rogue opinion here, they're blurbing about it on hoopball.

 

His offense is efficient on paper but it isn't good.  Those who have actually WATCHED him a lot know.  I wasn't expecting him to be a good defender that's why I said I only drafted him one place as a hedge because I know we can't be right about everything.  I'm not bitching about it, I'm trashing him because I hate watching him play and he has no feel for the game despite his "great" offensive stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You actually called him refined...when we got Wendell and Jaren in the same class...who shoot 3s and play in the post.  They are both far more refined on both ends than Ayton.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh they “shoot 3s”...lol. If you really think that Ayton can’t shoot threes as good as they do that is hilarious. It’s all in the offensive scheme Suns use him in and they don’t let him shoot threees right now. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you believe Ayton could shoot 3s as well as them?  They both showed those skills in college/summer league.  Ayton hasn't, why would the Suns discourage him from shooting 3s?  He's a lazy player who's been able to get by on athleticism only to this point.  Athleticism still allows him to put up 15 and 10 on good percentages.  I'm done talking about this dude ya'll win.  You'll see the truth eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unclebengi said:

You actually called him refined...when we got Wendell and Jaren in the same class...who shoot 3s and play in the post.  They are both far more refined on both ends than Ayton.

Sorry man but there's no way in hell Wendell or Jaren are more refined offensively than Deandre. On defense, for sure, no doubt, but you're crazy if you think either is better than Ayton on the other side of the ball.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look at the per 36 numbers, they're right there, JJJ significantly better in everything but rebounds.  Only reason they don't play as many minutes is because they're in foul trouble from actually playing defense.  I swear most of ya'll don't even watch NBA games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, unclebengi said:

look at the per 36 numbers, they're right there, JJJ significantly better in everything but rebounds.  Only reason they don't play as many minutes is because they're in foul trouble from actually playing defense.  I swear most of ya'll don't even watch NBA games.

I do watch NBA games. I was wondering if you did actually. Per 36 doesn't mean jack $hit as far as if a player is refined or not. Ayton can score from all levels, even though he hasn't showed it. His post moves are better. His game is more refined than JJJs or WCJs offensively, no way around it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...