Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, hyperionloop said:

Do people think this is sustainable? He has looked different with Booker back in but has also been going up against some lackluster defenses.

The NBA is full of lackluster defenses and having Booker back is of course a great benefit for Ayton. 

Just wait til he starts hitting 1.5 triples a game. I feel confident he’s a good enough shooter to do that. I don’t understand why he’s not taking any 3s. This year should be all about development. See what he, as well as the other guys, can do. 

12 hours ago, hyperionloop said:

Do people think this is sustainable? He has looked different with Booker back in but has also been going up against some lackluster defenses.

KAT as a rookie was 17-10 before the ASB and 21-11 after the ASB. 

Brow as a rookie was 12-7 before the ASB and 15-9 after the ASB. 

Rookies do hit a "wall" but they usually get better as the season goes along. They get more comfortable, the team gains confidence in them etc....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, overtime2000 said:

another 3 block outing

them blocks are starting to stream in all of a sudden

Having energetic defenders like Melton, Oubre and Bridges instead of old garbage like Ariza and Canaan makes huge difference for him. These guys actually slow down some of their opponents and Ayton has much more time to react and contest some shots at the rim. 

Some of the "this guy is trash" posts from earlier in the season, already laughable, are getting funnier still in retrospect.

(Again, I think right now he's better in fantasy than IRL, but kid has skills. If his motor ever fully catches up, watch out, NBA.)

A lot of the hate he received earlier in the season came from Luka fans.

It sounds crazy, but you would be surprised to see how many snob 'I REALLY know the NBA' fans there are who were insulted that Ayton went ahead of Luka both in real life and in fantasy drafts. Half of the NBA reddit are readily convinced Ayton will be out of the league with his defense in 3 years while Doncic wins MVP next year. 

Obviously I think the real life play of either players right now is amazing, and Luka looks like the better player but luckily for us in fantasy land this doesn't matter. 

Top 10 player the last 3 weeks or so with Booker back. And I think he hasn't even looked 'locked in' yet. I fully expect a post ASB monster run with the Suns making some sort of effort to shore up his ROY candidacy. 

1 hour ago, Soafanforlife said:

A lot of the hate he received earlier in the season came from Luka fans.

It sounds crazy, but you would be surprised to see how many snob 'I REALLY know the NBA' fans there are who were insulted that Ayton went ahead of Luka both in real life and in fantasy drafts. Half of the NBA reddit are readily convinced Ayton will be out of the league with his defense in 3 years while Doncic wins MVP next year. 

Obviously I think the real life play of either players right now is amazing, and Luka looks like the better player but luckily for us in fantasy land this doesn't matter. 

Top 10 player the last 3 weeks or so with Booker back. And I think he hasn't even looked 'locked in' yet. I fully expect a post ASB monster run with the Suns making some sort of effort to shore up his ROY candidacy. 

And even more of the hate was from Suns fans. For the first 20 or so games he really was an empty stats guy (not that that matters in fantasy). He had major red flags where he'd mentally check out of the game at times and literally didn't even attempt to help on defense or contest shots.

He's made major strides in both of those areas. His energy and focus is pretty consistent now. He still gets lost on defense at times, but he's gone from being a horrific help defender to above average when he's in tune. People stopped bashing him because he's playing an all around game now without those huge flaws.

• Like 1

Ayton is going to have a nice ROS. Offensive production has picked up significantly since Booker's return. They already have decent chemistry, and honestly it can still get a lot better. Still making rookie mistakes but looking more comfortable overall, and I've noticed the coaching staff often draws up plays for him whenever the offense feels stagnant.

Last 9 games:

21.8 p / 13.7 r / 1.2 a / 1.2 s / .9 b / .662 fg / .800 ft / 1.4 t

Also, are we gonna see him bust out some treys post-ASB? (Probably not...maybe a handful of attempts is my best guess.)

don't own him, but got another good look at him today against us. I get that Luka is the sexy talk, but man this kid has "it". I think the only question is maybe his toughness. He doesnt seem to like getting physically challenged . That says, he has ALL the tools, plus to frame to really fill out and  dominate in the future

Suns got a real one here

My Luka for him + Siakam is looking solid so far. If Ayton can average 1-2 blocks again that would be good. 

1 hour ago, bmoney0111 said:

My Luka for him + Siakam is looking solid so far. If Ayton can average 1-2 blocks again that would be good. 

That's ridiculous. For the season Basketball Monster has them ranked:

27th Ayton

46th Siakam

79th Doncic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bmoney0111 said:

That's the most one sided trade I've seen go through this year!

Edited by Ajax

I'm down 10 boards and I was like ohh I have Ayton I'm straight.. What is this mess.

coach should def be fired but cant complain with ayton putting up top 10 value over the last 2 weeks plus. 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:21 PM, bmoney0111 said:

I'm down 10 boards and I was like ohh I have Ayton I'm straight.. What is this mess.

was down one double-double and he had 9 rebounds at the half .. ended the game with 9

smh 

we’re going to get a post ASB 1st-2nd rounder imo though 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

was down one double-double and he had 9 rebounds at the half .. ended the game with 9

smh 

we’re going to get a post ASB 1st-2nd rounder imo though 

Yeeep. I’m pretty optimistic about his top 20 valuation. It looks for real, as long as he keeps his FG FT REB nice and high.

I was down in FT (roto) because of DJ and Capela, traded both away finally. Loved Capela but swapped him and D’Lo for Ayton and Fox to help fix my percentages.

I drafted Ayton, and now he’s back home again :’)

Edited by ovofnd
  • Like 1