Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

idk how its possible he got 0 rebounds in the 2nd half. anyone watch? he did get that block in the last 3 min of the game which saved me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When 19 and 9 feels like a little bit of an underwhelming game, that's when you know you have a stud. Have to remind myself he's only a rookie. Will be a DD stud the next 10 years. Congrats, fellow dynasty owners!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got offered Ayton in a trade and don't watch the Suns games, anyone know why Ayton doesn't close out games? Is the coach doing a time share with Holmes now? 

 

Edit: they just put him back in with 1:30 left. 

Edited by Goku
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goku said:

Got offered Ayton in a trade and don't watch the Suns games, anyone know why Ayton doesn't close out games? Is the coach doing a time share with Holmes now? 

 

Edit: they just put him back in with 1:30 left. 

Every game is different. All depends on game and opponent. Tonight Denver was down so they went smaller in the fourth so Ayton wasn't needed. It's not like it will be set in stone, the same, each and every game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Every game is different. All depends on game and opponent. Tonight Denver was down so they went smaller in the fourth so Ayton wasn't needed. It's not like it will be set in stone, the same, each and every game. 

 

Ah thanks that makes sense. Holmes is ballin as well and would hate to see a time share with them if I accept the trade. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn’t the AC forum, but AC forum is hella slow right now.

 

would y’all trade DLo & Sato for Ayton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jin said:

I know this isn’t the AC forum, but AC forum is hella slow right now.

 

would y’all trade DLo & Sato for Ayton?

 

Just help a ton of other threads and link back to yours. It’ll expedite the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 3:27 AM, Ajax said:

 

That's the most one sided trade I've seen go through this year!

Luka's name value can get you anybody apparently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suns need to make a move, and trade for Terry Rozier. Offer a nice young player and a protected round 1 pick for Rozier. It's a pity, I've seen so many games where Ayton dominates the first half, then his teammates just completely ignore and forget about him in the 2nd half.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jin said:

I know this isn’t the AC forum, but AC forum is hella slow right now.

 

would y’all trade DLo & Sato for Ayton?

Ayton wins this trade, hes a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, a-rob said:

Suns need to make a move, and trade for Terry Rozier. Offer a nice young player and a protected round 1 pick for Rozier. It's a pity, I've seen so many games where Ayton dominates the first half, then his teammates just completely ignore and forget about him in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Rozier is such a great playmaker :unsure:

 

Assists per 36 minutes:

Booker 7.1

Jamal 6.7

Melton 5.7 

Okobo 4.7

Rozier 4.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any worry that Ayton will get shutdown later on in the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jin said:

Any worry that Ayton will get shutdown later on in the season?

for whom? I dont think they shut down rooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

for whom? I dont think they shut down rooks

 

As long as he stays healthy, I doubt it. But being on the tanking Suns, I feel any small injury post-ASB may lead to a shutdown or a lengthy absense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jin said:

 

As long as he stays healthy, I doubt it. But being on the tanking Suns, I feel any small injury post-ASB may lead to a shutdown or a lengthy absense?

Would they want to sabotage his ROY candidacy? I don't think it'd exactly endear the franchise to him (Of course it could be just another hold-my-beer moment for the Suns, but I hope not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no shut down risk here other than a serious injury.  This is a perfect time for the rookie to be gaining experience while the Suns are not ready to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did anyone else laugh during the early London game when one of the announcers said something like,  "if it wasn't for luka knox would be ROY" 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17-11-2  with 1 blk 0.8 stls 1.8 t/o

60%  fg and 77% ft

Top 25 9 cat. What a beast.

 

Easy 2nd round draft pick next season with 1st round potential once his scoring goes to 20+ ppg, some more assists will come naturally as his vision and feel for game improves more - he has already shown some good passing ability too with some nice assists games. 

 

I think next season numbers will be like

 

20-11-3.5 with 1.2 blks 1 steal and 0.5 3pm

55% fg 78% ft 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he will be a 1st rder next year or at least not make it past the turn in most leagues. especially if he starts to shoot the 3 ball. it took ad 3 years to shoot the 3 ball but with the way the nba has changed I would hope Ayton will start to let it fly.

 

after joker and lillard there isn't anyone I would take over Ayton. butler, lbj, beal, simmons, wb? not a chance

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 7:21 PM, colepenhagen said:

did anyone else laugh during the early London game when one of the announcers said something like,  "if it wasn't for luka knox would be ROY" 

 

 

i caught that LOL

 

delusional 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Holmes also injured? Who’s the pick up here? Bender?

 

 

looks like a day to day thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im done this year. First Curry 11 games, with Butler General soreness, LeVert, then Miro + Porter Jr , then Nance, then Carter Jr, then Ayton. RIP my life.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.