Trench Mob

DeAndre Ayton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

idk how its possible he got 0 rebounds in the 2nd half. anyone watch? he did get that block in the last 3 min of the game which saved me. 

When 19 and 9 feels like a little bit of an underwhelming game, that's when you know you have a stud. Have to remind myself he's only a rookie. Will be a DD stud the next 10 years. Congrats, fellow dynasty owners!

• Like 1

Got offered Ayton in a trade and don't watch the Suns games, anyone know why Ayton doesn't close out games? Is the coach doing a time share with Holmes now? 

Edit: they just put him back in with 1:30 left. 

Edited by Goku

1 hour ago, Goku said:

Got offered Ayton in a trade and don't watch the Suns games, anyone know why Ayton doesn't close out games? Is the coach doing a time share with Holmes now? 

Edit: they just put him back in with 1:30 left. 

Every game is different. All depends on game and opponent. Tonight Denver was down so they went smaller in the fourth so Ayton wasn't needed. It's not like it will be set in stone, the same, each and every game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Every game is different. All depends on game and opponent. Tonight Denver was down so they went smaller in the fourth so Ayton wasn't needed. It's not like it will be set in stone, the same, each and every game. 

Ah thanks that makes sense. Holmes is ballin as well and would hate to see a time share with them if I accept the trade. 

• Like 1

I know this isn’t the AC forum, but AC forum is hella slow right now.

would y’all trade DLo & Sato for Ayton?

18 minutes ago, Jin said:

Just help a ton of other threads and link back to yours. It’ll expedite the process.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:27 AM, Ajax said:

That's the most one sided trade I've seen go through this year!

Luka's name value can get you anybody apparently

Suns need to make a move, and trade for Terry Rozier. Offer a nice young player and a protected round 1 pick for Rozier. It's a pity, I've seen so many games where Ayton dominates the first half, then his teammates just completely ignore and forget about him in the 2nd half.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jin said:

Ayton wins this trade, hes a beast.

13 hours ago, a-rob said:

Suns need to make a move, and trade for Terry Rozier. Offer a nice young player and a protected round 1 pick for Rozier. It's a pity, I've seen so many games where Ayton dominates the first half, then his teammates just completely ignore and forget about him in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Rozier is such a great playmaker :unsure:

Assists per 36 minutes:

Booker 7.1

Jamal 6.7

Melton 5.7 

Okobo 4.7

Rozier 4.4

Any worry that Ayton will get shutdown later on in the season?

Just now, Jin said:

Any worry that Ayton will get shutdown later on in the season?

for whom? I dont think they shut down rooks

27 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

for whom? I dont think they shut down rooks

As long as he stays healthy, I doubt it. But being on the tanking Suns, I feel any small injury post-ASB may lead to a shutdown or a lengthy absense?

12 minutes ago, Jin said:

As long as he stays healthy, I doubt it. But being on the tanking Suns, I feel any small injury post-ASB may lead to a shutdown or a lengthy absense?

Would they want to sabotage his ROY candidacy? I don't think it'd exactly endear the franchise to him (Of course it could be just another hold-my-beer moment for the Suns, but I hope not).

There is no shut down risk here other than a serious injury.  This is a perfect time for the rookie to be gaining experience while the Suns are not ready to win.

did anyone else laugh during the early London game when one of the announcers said something like,  "if it wasn't for luka knox would be ROY" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17-11-2  with 1 blk 0.8 stls 1.8 t/o

60%  fg and 77% ft

Top 25 9 cat. What a beast.

Easy 2nd round draft pick next season with 1st round potential once his scoring goes to 20+ ppg, some more assists will come naturally as his vision and feel for game improves more - he has already shown some good passing ability too with some nice assists games. 

I think next season numbers will be like

20-11-3.5 with 1.2 blks 1 steal and 0.5 3pm

55% fg 78% ft 

I think he will be a 1st rder next year or at least not make it past the turn in most leagues. especially if he starts to shoot the 3 ball. it took ad 3 years to shoot the 3 ball but with the way the nba has changed I would hope Ayton will start to let it fly.

after joker and lillard there isn't anyone I would take over Ayton. butler, lbj, beal, simmons, wb? not a chance

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 7:21 PM, colepenhagen said:

did anyone else laugh during the early London game when one of the announcers said something like,  "if it wasn't for luka knox would be ROY" 

i caught that LOL

delusional 

2 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Holmes also injured? Who’s the pick up here? Bender?

looks like a day to day thing 

Im done this year. First Curry 11 games, with Butler General soreness, LeVert, then Miro + Porter Jr , then Nance, then Carter Jr, then Ayton. RIP my life.

• Sad 2