Tryptamine

2018 Amateur Draft Results

So last year I decided to post my league's draft results after numerous people requested examples of where such and such player was going in people's respective leagues.  It got to be a fairly popular thread so I thought I'd do it again this year. Go ahead and post your league results as your drafts happen.

16 Team 25man Dynasty league. 2 rounds(My picks in Bold,Team is in sig)

Round 1

1. Casey Mize

2. Alec Bohm

3. Carter Stewart

4. Nick Madrigal

5. Matthew Liberatore

6. Jonathan India

7. Brady Singer

8. Cole Winn

9. Logan Gilbert

10. Grayson Rodriguez

11. Jarred Kelenic

12. Joey Bart

13. Shane McClanahan

14. Seth Beer

15. Travis Swaggerty

16. Trevor Larnach

Round 2 to be posted upon completion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm really suprised you went so arm heavy especially with taking 2 HS arms.  I think Bart, Swaggerty, and Kelenic were great value picks where they were taken.  Those owners must have been incredibly happy seeing those players drop to where they did.

Thanks for the post.

6 minutes ago, I like baseball said:

I'm really suprised you went so arm heavy especially with taking 2 HS arms.  I think Bart, Swaggerty, and Kelenic were great value picks where they were taken.  Those owners must have been incredibly happy seeing those players drop to where they did.

Thanks for the post.

I feel like my current line up is very young outside of SS/C while my rotation is getting very old with Arrieta/Kluber/Cueto/Cobb all being 29+.

Figured that played a part in it which is why I liked the bold Stewart pick.  The Singer pick made sense as well with his high floor and college experience should provide you with help sooner than later.  I don't think I could have passed on the other 3 for the last 2.  I'm a BPA/value guy so I probably would have went all hitters and young pitchers make me squirm. :lol: Different strokes for different folks though.  Looking forward to seeing round 2.

The 2nd round just finished. Here's the results.

2.1 Nolan Gorman

2.2 Parker Meadows

2.3 Brice Turang

2.4 Jordan Groshans

2.5 Ryan Weathers

2.6 Jackson Kowar

2.7 Ethan Hankins

2.8 Connor Scott

2.9 Triston Casas

2.10 Jordyn Adams

2.11 Ryan Rolison

2.12 Mason  Denaberg

2.13 JT Ginn

2.14 Tristan Beck

2.15 Griffin Roberts

2.16 Kyler Murray

Highest draft picks unselected by us:      23)Anthony Siegler, 24)Nico Hoerner, 25)Matt McLain

Highest rated guys by BA who  went un drafted:  20)Noah Naylor, 24)Jeremy Eiermann

NL Scoresheet sup draft:

Bart

Bohm

Stewart

India

Gorman

Only draft picks choosen out of 20 picks, rest went to major leaguers and one other prospect.

Has anyone else drafted yet?  I draft Sunday so I would be curious to see.  Appreciate it as always!

Well, so much for my pick at 1.3. Carter Stewart can't come to terms with the Braves and goes to college. I get compensated with a pick in next year's draft, but man is that disappointing. I also lost Gunnar Hoglund, who couldn't come to terms with the Pirates.

50 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Well, so much for my pick at 1.3. Carter Stewart can't come to terms with the Braves and goes to college. I get compensated with a pick in next year's draft, but man is that disappointing. I also lost Gunnar Hoglund, who couldn't come to terms with the Pirates.

Ouch...  That would have me pressing to change the draft until at least after the signing deadline.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StarlinCastro said:

Ouch...  That would have me pressing to change the draft until at least after the signing deadline.  

Couldn't agree more - seems like such an easy/sensible solution to avoid that very issue.

A bunch of analysts are in the middle of a fantasy draft right now for the recent draft class. The picks are a bit on the slow,side but hopefully this helps anyone with a draft.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gd4ou_ha2e5Wvjbsh72AUebjjeP4vmNNvKJwhMb75QE/htmlview#gid=1267297079

Also I agree completely with the people above that the draft should always be held after the signing deadline and J2 period. That’s rough about essentially losing a first round pick over someone who everyone thought would sign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/25/2018 at 4:40 AM, Tryptamine said:

So last year I decided to post my league's draft results after numerous people requested examples of where such and such player was going in people's respective leagues.  It got to be a fairly popular thread so I thought I'd do it again this year. Go ahead and post your league results as your drafts happen.

16 Team 25man Dynasty league. 2 rounds(My picks in Bold,Team is in sig)

Round 1

1. Casey Mize

2. Alec Bohm

3. Carter Stewart

4. Nick Madrigal

5. Matthew Liberatore

6. Jonathan India

7. Brady Singer

8. Cole Winn

9. Logan Gilbert

10. Grayson Rodriguez

11. Jarred Kelenic

12. Joey Bart

13. Shane McClanahan

14. Seth Beer

15. Travis Swaggerty

16. Trevor Larnach

Round 2 to be posted upon completion.

My league's first round just completed (24 teams) - signed players only. I was thrilled to get Jordyn Adams at 21st overall. Otherwise not many surprises except for the same team picking Singer at 5 and Naylor at 9.

1. Nick Madrigal, 2B/SS, CWS 
2. Casey Mize, RHP, DET
3. Joey Bart, C, SF
4. Jarred Kelenic, OF, NYM
5. Brady Singer, RHP, KC
6. Jonathan India, 3B, CIN
7. Alec Bohm, 3B, PHI
8. Nolan Gorman, 3B, STL
9. Noah Naylor, C, CLE
10. Matthew Liberatore, LHP, TB
11. Trevor Larnach, OF, MIN
12. Ryan Weathers, LHP, SD
13. Jordan Groshans, 3B, TOR
14. Travis Swaggerty, OF, PIT
15. Seth Beer, OF, HOU
16. Ethan Hankins, RHP, CLE
17. Kyler Murray, OF, OAK 
18. Nico Hoerner, SS, CHC
19. Connor Scott, OF, MIA 
20. Shane McClanahan, LHP, TB
21. Jordyn Adams, OF, LAA
22. Jackson Kowar, RHP, KC
23. Grayson Rodriguez, RHP, BAL
24. Brice Turang, SS, MIL

• Like 1

Round 2 complete so I figured I'd continue to share with you all. Some definite fantasy influence has us deviating from the real-life draft results - notably Jenista, Eierman, Pompey.

My favorite values for fantasy purposes are Edwards at 30th overall, Casas at 39th overall, and Denaburg at 45th overall (this one was mine so I'm definitely partial).

1. Logan Gilbert, RHP, SEA
2. Nick Schnell, OF, TB
3. Parker Meadows, OF, DET
4. Cole Winn, RHP, TEX
5. Griffin Conine, OF, TOR
6. Xavier Edwards, SS, SD
7. Tristan Beck, RHP, ATL
8. Greyson Jenista, 1B/OF, ATL
9. Cadyn Grenier, SS, BAL
10. Jeremy Eierman, SS, OAK
11. Grant Lavigne, 1B, COL
12. Ryan Rollison, P, COL
13. Steele Walker, OF, CWS
14. Jake McCarthy, OF, ARI
15. Triston Casas, 1B/3B, BOS
16. Tristan Pompey, OF, MIA
17. Anthony Seigler, C, NYY
18. Jameson Hannah, OF, OAK
19. Daniel Lynch, LHP, KC
20. Jeremiah Jackson, SS, LAA
21. Mason Denaburg, RHP, WAS
22. Alek Thomas, OF, ARI
23. Osiris Johnson, SS, MIA
24. Kris Bubic, LHP, KC

The one thing that really sticks out about your draft compared to mine is Cole Winn. He was taken 9th in mine and if he hadn't gone there I would taken him 10th instead of Grayson Rodriguez.  Then again I don't see that Grayson was taken at all in your draft which is also fairly surprising even if he was taken by the Orioles.

1 hour ago, Tryptamine said:

The one thing that really sticks out about your draft compared to mine is Cole Winn. He was taken 9th in mine and if he hadn't gone there I would taken him 10th instead of Grayson Rodriguez.  Then again I don't see that Grayson was taken at all in your draft which is also fairly surprising even if he was taken by the Orioles.

Grayson was taken in the 1st rd, 23rd overall. Pitching definitely is falling in our draft with many owners opting to take toolsy hitters over pitchers with #2/3 upside. That trend continues in the 3rd rd with Joe Gray going 50th and Mike Siani 51st. I'll post round 3 when finished too.

My 16 team points dynasty league just finished the first round of its rookie draft (only players who signed). It went as follows:

1.1: Casey Mize DET SP

1.2: Brady Singer KC SP

1.3: Nick Madrigal CHW 2B/SS

1.4: Matthew Liberatore TB SP

1.5: Joey Bart SF C

1.6: Cole Winn TEX SP

1.7: Alec Bohm PHI 3B

1.8: Jonathan India CIN 3B

1.9: Jarred Kelenic NYM OF

1.10: Ryan Weathers SD SP

1.11: Nolan Gorman STL 3B

1.12: Grayson Rodriguez BAL SP

1.13: Jordan Groshans TOR SS
1.14: Trevor Larnach MIN OF

1.15: Ethan Hankins CLE SP

1.16: Logan Gilbert SEA SP

I'll post the other rounds once they're done!

Edited by nyy321
  • Thanks 1

The trend seems to be the college kids over the high schoolers. I expected to see Juan Pablo Martinez in drafts also since he signed this year. Bart or Brohm would have been my top picks. 

16 hours ago, apap414 said:

Holy pitching 

All about the scoring format--being points leagues offer a huge boost to pitchers.

@nyy321 looks very similar to what my 2 ongoing points keeper drafts are looking like

• Like 1