dogfightgiggle

Ricky Seals-Jones 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Just when I had settled on RSJ as a prime TE sleeper candidate this jabroni gets arrested. 

Suspension incoming? 

It’s not Florida, but still, In Arizona he’s lucky he didn’t get shot. 

Time to check the waiver.

27 minutes ago, beotos said:

Petty offense

No offense is too petty for the NFL, and the Goodell-bot is ever ready with the suspension gavel.

9 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

That's assault brotha, that ain't petty.

technically a battery.  Most of us have been guilty of this (shoving) at various points.  Arrest sounds like garbage and charges even more ridiculous.

From what I read, if the same would have happened to any of us, it wouldn't even rate a line in the most local news report - kid needed to pee and the only thing petty was the hotel saying no.

Except he was drunk, and 6.5 ft and 250 pounds of muscle, and possibly scared the s--- out of the hotel clerk.

Petty.

• Haha 1

maybe he has IBS ..I once had to tell an uber drive to stop in the middle of our ride so I could get out and go at a random restaurant 

Nah he was just drunk, which, at his size, surely made it a little scary for the staff, but ultimately, a push shouldn't lead to anything.    Even if he gets a game, are you really no longer drafting him when he was going to be a bench stash anyways?

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Nah he was just drunk, which, at his size, surely made it a little scary for the staff, but ultimately, a push shouldn't lead to anything.    Even if he gets a game, are you really no longer drafting him when he was going to be a bench stash anyways?

First, a “push” from someone his size against a 5’7” 145 pound waiter could be life threatening. 

Second, he was inebriated, and may have been experiencing some kind of drunken PTSD, like he was back on the football field and needed to block to save his QB. He had already been rejected from one bathroom and the combine physical revealed his bladder is not commensurate with his height. He might’ve been growling menacingly.

Third, I’d suggest many owners in 12-team leagues+ were drafting him as the bargain late-Round TE on a team with a poor D and weak WR corps...

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

From what I read, if the same would have happened to any of us, it wouldn't even rate a line in the most local news report - kid needed to pee and the only thing petty was the hotel saying no.

Except he was drunk, and 6.5 ft and 250 pounds of muscle, and possibly scared the s--- out of the hotel clerk.

Petty.

Has the makings of a national race story considering what has happened around the country in the last 6 months. Starbucks had to go through racial sensitivity training. Think there was an incident at a Waffle House.

3 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

First, a “push” from someone his size against a 5’7” 145 pound waiter could be life threatening. 

Second, he was inebriated, and may have been experiencing some kind of drunken PTSD, like he was back on the football field and needed to block to save his QB. He had already been rejected from one bathroom and the combine physical revealed his bladder is not commensurate with his height. He might’ve been growling menacingly.

Third, I’d suggest many owners in 12-team leagues+ were drafting him as the bargain late-Round TE on a team with a poor D and weak WR corps...

I didn't even know they could check that...that's weird as hell.

4 minutes ago, Jason497 said:

I didn't even know they could check that...that's weird as hell.

Missed the sarcasm sir.

Sounds silly to me. And if it was worse than a 1 handed shove (e.g. guy fell down or got hurt) the report would say so. We weren't there so who knows, but we're all humans and have had emergency bathroom situations, would they rather he pee'd himself on the sidewalk? Moving on.

32 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Any updates on this? Is suspension looming you think or no?

No chance. Arrest was a joke.

• Like 1

What do we think of this dude? Jake Ciely has him as his breakout TE this season and he was the most accurate draft expert this past season.

Former WR now playing TE. There’s going to be some TE that finishes in the top 10 who nobody saw coming, could he be the one?

• Like 1

I like RSJ a lot this year, along with Ben Watson.  I'm targeting these 2 guys late in my leagues.  Gresham tore his Achilles in December, so I can't see him healthy to start the year.  Not many receiving options outside of Fitz and DJ.  Bradford loves throwing to the TE.  As HC or OC, Mike McCoy's teams have typically been in the middle to upper part of the league in pass attempts.  

So a lot of pass attempts, with a QB who loves the TE, on an offense lacking pass options?  I would say he's a great candidate for breakout TE this year.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heatwaved.com/2018/08/11/3-takeaways-arizona-cardinals-preseason-game-week-1/amp/

"The Cardinals drew first blood with an impressive first drive orchestrated by starting quarterback Sam Bradford. He completed both passes he attempted, one to Ricky Seals-Jones and one to Larry Fitzgerald."

Target share has been settled.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2018 at 10:50 AM, Magoo said:

No chance. Arrest was a joke.

Sure.

He should be suspended a game.

NFL has a player conduct policy. Arrested or not, it seems clear he violated conduct standards. What he did is rude and reflects poorly upon his employer; the arrest made it news.

Zeke was suspended 6 games for something he, and the law, says didn't happen.

If the NFL doesn't suspend him, it just shows how much of a joke Goodell and the Zeke suspension are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogfightgiggle said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heatwaved.com/2018/08/11/3-takeaways-arizona-cardinals-preseason-game-week-1/amp/

"The Cardinals drew first blood with an impressive first drive orchestrated by starting quarterback Sam Bradford. He completed both passes he attempted, one to Ricky Seals-Jones and one to Larry Fitzgerald."

Post the the day ^

I’m very concerned about the O line, but Seals-Jones is going to get plenty of targets regardless.

About his “offense” - a man has a right to pee.  Long live courtesy and customer service!

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Sure.

He should be suspended a game.

NFL has a player conduct policy. Arrested or not, it seems clear he violated conduct standards. What he did is rude and reflects poorly upon his employer; the arrest made it news.

Zeke was suspended 6 games for something he, and the law, says didn't happen.

If the NFL doesn't suspend him, it just shows how much of a joke Goodell and the Zeke suspension are.

I disagree.  Both parties were rude, but he was wrong to make it physical.

But I do agree many of the suspensions are a joke.  Unless the law actually does something, let it go... unless the offense occurs on NFL property.

The league should enforce the PEDs policy to protect the “integrity of the game” and leave the rest to the teams.  If the Cardinals want to suspend Seals-Jones for a game - do it!

They don’t even need to tell us why, just say it’s an internal matter.

I often think the NFL subscribes to the philosophy “there is no bad publicity”.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dogfightgiggle said:

19 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Post the the day ^

:lol: