smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

For real?  

I’ve never seen such a boneheaded coach that won’t play his clear #1 RB.

No I agree with you, McCarthy is an idiot. I’m just talking about the people over reacting to his fumble on this thread. 

what is the McCarthy history with fumbles?  not counting Monte in week 8 that was more about making a bad football decision than the fumble.

is he a Bellicheck and you go into permanent dog house?  i think i saw him come back and get a touch in the next series but i'm not sure

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

what is the McCarthy history with fumbles?  not counting Monte in week 8 that was more about making a bad football decision than the fumble.

is he a Bellicheck and you go into permanent dog house?  i think i saw him come back and get a touch in the next series but i'm not sure

Williams got a series Pack went three and out.  Then Jones was in on the last series.  Got two targets and a rush.

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

After the fumble, Williams came in for a 3 and out series. Then Jones came back in. There's heavy debate on whether the Williams series was punishment for the fumble or if that was in the game plan since they do tend to rotate series although there have been instances of a sub in the middle of a series too.

McCarthy is in the must win category right now...he can't afford to get cute benching players that'll help the Packers win.

Just now, youngrice said:

Williams got a series Pack went three and out.  Then Jones was in on the last series.  Got two targets and a rush.

well that bodes well then, would have been concerning if Jones didn't get back into the game and contribute

Yeah MM is in the hot seat and about 95% sure he gets fired at seasons end anyways. 

Im not sure of the snap %s but Jones will lead the backfield going forward

really the big ? Is the offensive line. Getting good news on bulaga is encouraging but he won’t play this week

11 minutes ago, Panthor said:

well that bodes well then, would have been concerning if Jones didn't get back into the game and contribute

Mccarthy is coaching for his job.  I don't think even he's that dumb to sit Jones.  Could be wrong though.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-week-10-start-em-sit-em-packers-ready-to-ride-aaron-jones/?ftag=SNL-04-10aaa0d&ET_CID=59152&ET_RID=12054753

My only fear with Aaron Jones this week is that he fumbled in Week 9 at New England. I hope he's not punished by coach Mike McCarthy, but I'm expecting him to be fine.

I'm also expecting him to be dominant.

He played well against the Patriots in the first game without Ty Montgomery with 14 carries for 76 yards (5.4 yards per carry), as well as two catches for 10 yards on a season-high four targets. Jamaal Williams is still sharing touches with Jones, but Williams had just nine total touches against New England and hasn't had more than 11 total touches since Week 2.

Jones now has 14 total touches in two consecutive games, and that should be good against the Dolphins. Miami comes into this game allowing the sixth-most Fantasy points to opposing running backs.

Prior to last week against the Jets, the Dolphins had allowed a running back to score in every game this season, and 10 running backs have either scored or gained at least 100 total yards this year. While the Jets struggled, I don't expect the same thing to happen to Jones.

Green Bay is also coming off two tough road losses against the Rams and Patriots, and I expect an offensive explosion back in Lambeau Field. Las Vegas also expects the Packers to win this game by more than a touchdown, so there should be an opportunity for Jones to help kill the clock in the fourth quarter if that holds.

As long as Jones isn't punished for his fumble against New England, he should be great. And I like him as a No. 1 running back in non-PPR leagues and a solid No. 2 option in PPR.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-week-10-start-em-sit-em-packers-ready-to-ride-aaron-jones/?ftag=SNL-04-10aaa0d&ET_CID=59152&ET_RID=12054753

My only fear with Aaron Jones this week is that he fumbled in Week 9 at New England. I hope he's not punished by coach Mike McCarthy, but I'm expecting him to be fine.

I'm also expecting him to be dominant.

He played well against the Patriots in the first game without Ty Montgomery with 14 carries for 76 yards (5.4 yards per carry), as well as two catches for 10 yards on a season-high four targets. Jamaal Williams is still sharing touches with Jones, but Williams had just nine total touches against New England and hasn't had more than 11 total touches since Week 2.

Jones now has 14 total touches in two consecutive games, and that should be good against the Dolphins. Miami comes into this game allowing the sixth-most Fantasy points to opposing running backs.

Prior to last week against the Jets, the Dolphins had allowed a running back to score in every game this season, and 10 running backs have either scored or gained at least 100 total yards this year. While the Jets struggled, I don't expect the same thing to happen to Jones.

Green Bay is also coming off two tough road losses against the Rams and Patriots, and I expect an offensive explosion back in Lambeau Field. Las Vegas also expects the Packers to win this game by more than a touchdown, so there should be an opportunity for Jones to help kill the clock in the fourth quarter if that holds.

As long as Jones isn't punished for his fumble against New England, he should be great. And I like him as a No. 1 running back in non-PPR leagues and a solid No. 2 option in PPR.

Too many ifs with a lot of better options. Guy has world's of talent, but McCarthy is just an awful head coach. 

• Haha 1

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/83757/334/week-10-start-em-or-sit-em?pg=2

Start of the Week: Aaron Jones vs. Dolphins: Even before Ty Montgomery’s game-ending lost fumble on a kickoff return against the Rams, the Packers had shown they were moving away from him and more toward Jones. Montgomery played just 11.5% of the snaps in L.A. in Week 8 and was then traded to Baltimore two days later. Over the last two games, Jones has been in on 61.5% and 58.1% of the plays. Both were Green Bay losses, but it’s a monumental leap after playing less than 30% of the downs his first four games. Jones has set season-highs in carries two-straight weeks with rushing lines of 12-86-1 against the Rams and 14-76-0 versus New England. He’s also run 40 routes in the pass game in that period, securing four of his five targets. Jamaal Williams is still a thorn in the side of Jones, but this being a two-man backfield is much more palatable than the three-man committee it was with Montgomery in the picture. The Packers are now coming back home as heavy 9.5-point favorites against a Dolphins unit that is 29th in fantasy points allowed to running backs and 32nd in total rush yards allowed to the position while surrendering over 4.6 YPC. Lamar Miller flamed this defense in Week 8 for 133 yards and a score on 18 carries as the overall RB11. The previous week, Kerryon Johnson turned 19 carries into 158 yards. And the game before that, Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen combined for 100 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries. As long as coach Mike McCarthy stays committed to Jones’ talent, he should have no problem returning top-30 numbers this week with a good shot at again setting a season-high in carries. Upside is obviously there for a much bigger afternoon. Green Bay’s implied team total of 28.5 points is fifth-highest on the week. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

It’s never easy to trust in Mike doing the right thing.

Hence my hesitancy to start Jones. Everyone has killed it rushing against miami pretty much but who knows, they could be up 17 at half and come out and run the ball 7 times all second half. Im going with Gordon over Jones even though I feel jones will have the higher chance for a TD. I still cant make up my mind.

Jones is a great runner, great YPC. They need to let him carry it 20 times and give 4 times to williams. I still want rodgers to chuck it as i have him as well tho lol

Courtesy of Barfield on the Twitter:

Among RBs with at least 125 carries over the last two years, Aaron Jones is...

• 1st in YPC (5.7)

• 1st in yards gained after a defender closes (4.5)

• 1st in rushing gains of 10+ yards (17.4%)

• 1st in success rate (59%)

• 2nd in first down rate (29%)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

• 1st in YPC (5.7)

Just saw this in the twitter space and was about to post it.

Wonder how much time is wasted during the day for us RW regulars who copy and paste. 😂 I know I am glued lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

• 1st in YPC (5.7)

Somebody send this to McCarthy.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

McCarthy looks at this and says "I've got Aaron Rodgers at QB. I don't need Aaron Jones. Pass pass pass. I'm super awesome."

latest?cb=20141024135021

34 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

McCarthy looks at this and says "I've got Aaron Rodgers at QB. I don't need Aaron Jones. Pass pass pass. I'm super awesome."

latest?cb=20141024135021

Making Aaron ManBearPig since Mike is pretty much out to get him

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

• 1st in YPC (5.7)

But where is he on pass protection?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, griffin727 said:

latest?cb=20141024135021

ARod wouldnt have it any other way

22 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Too many ifs with a lot of better options. Guy has world's of talent, but McCarthy is just an awful head coach. 

Who are all these better options???

12 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

He knows...

8 hours ago, devaster said:

THIS IS THE WEEK

until next week <----- FIXED FOR YA

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, devaster said:

THIS IS THE WEEK

until next week

Because so many teams on BYE and there are no better choices? Agreed.

• Haha 1