smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

If they want Rodgers to last the season they need to start running the ball.  I think you'll see them commit to Jones.  I don't have any shares in him, wish I did, but I think they're going to start running the ball a lot more.

5 hours ago, humanpuck said:

If they want Rodgers to last the season they need to start running the ball.  I think you'll see them commit to Jones.  I don't have any shares in him, wish I did, but I think they're going to start running the ball a lot more.

And if they want to win games they need Rodgers. The team isn't built to win without Rodgers. Jones isn't a generational 3-down stud that the offense can lean on. I don't think it is as cut and dry as you would like to believe. Looks like this backfield will continue to be a RBBC going forward. I suspect we will only see RB production from this offense when Rodgers is healthier and the Packers are consistently scoring more points or getting into scoring position.

I think the ideal and most realistic situation would be this becomes a split backfield of Aaron jones/ty Montgomery with Jamaal Williams slowly being phased out. Ideally I think we could see Aaron Jones 60% Montgomery 35% and Jamaal Williams at 5% or less.

Edited by SonataArctica

After week 5 vs Detroit fantasy folks are going to be saying, wow! I could have gotten this guy for so cheap 3 weeks ago...................................

20 hours ago, devaster said:

And if they want to win games they need Rodgers. The team isn't built to win without Rodgers. Jones isn't a generational 3-down stud that the offense can lean on. I don't think it is as cut and dry as you would like to believe. Looks like this backfield will continue to be a RBBC going forward. I suspect we will only see RB production from this offense when Rodgers is healthier and the Packers are consistently scoring more points or getting into scoring position.

*Has Jamaal Williams in both listed leagues* :lol:

51 minutes ago, scottishguy said:

After week 5 vs Detroit fantasy folks are going to be saying, wow! I could have gotten this guy for so cheap 3 weeks ago...................................

After week 4 they might, Bills defense is atrocious.  Jones got 7 touches in his first game back.

I guarantee he pushes for 10 plus touches this weekend.  Also pack kind of need to win this one so why not ramp up your most talented RB.

4 hours ago, TomisTerrific said:

*Has Jamaal Williams in both listed leagues* :lol:

I don't think Williams is either. :) 

On 9/25/2018 at 8:02 AM, scottishguy said:

May be after this week. No reason at all they do not turn him loose. Should have 15 touches or more I think. They know what they have in Jwill and we all know what TY is. Jones is going to be the RB1 here, I am just trying to choose the right spot to start him

Anyone watch the game can comment IF Jones threw any blocks?  I remember pre season saying he was working on it.  I have Jones and Williams.  Arguement is bones is better runner and Williams better blocker.  Well Williams has done squat to move the offense; if Jones can throw some blocks and run, should he get the shot?  Anyone (packers fans) have any insight???

having both Williams and Jones on my bench is killing me.  Need the cream to hurry up and rise to the top here!!!

Its hard to say what happens next but Williams didn't have an easy schedule to open the year. Rodgers is playing on one leg and he needs all the protection he can get. That limits Jones' upside and keeps Williams in the game. It will continue to offer him opportunities to shine.

I'd argue that a better way to keep Rodgers healthy would be to have a guy that's a threat to break one and simply rip off chunks of yardage when he gets the ball? Jones is that guy. Just hard to say with any certainty that MM sees it that way. This is far more likely to remain a 3 headed, value-draining committee-

I think, after reviewing GB's RB stats over the last 5 years, MM wants to give "A" guy the majority of the work (see: 2013-16). In 2017, he may have been hamstrung by the options available. Point being, I think there's a CHANCE one of these guys (hopefully for the Jones owners) it's Jones who can establish himself. 

gb_rb.PNG.0fa568c08c8e94a777407ac3836af4a5.PNG

If he can get 180-200 carries at 5 ypc he's near 900-1000 yards on the ground and thrown in a few receptions and yds, and he is becoming a nice RB2 option. 

Or, if MM just rides the hot hand, or the breeze blows a certain way and just doles the carries out as he sees fit, and he splits the 24 carries per game (or so) the Packers do, he could end up ~500 yds and taking up a spot on your bench. 

Here's to hoping

6 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone firing him up this week or should we wait a few weeks to see how this plays out?

I am merely due to lack of options and trading away all my rb assets for receiving.  He might return flex value this week against the bills bad defense if he gets 10 carries.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:58 AM, humanpuck said:

Jones is clearly the most explosive back they have & I really believe he will be the lead dog soon.  MM is just keeping him hungry & making him earn it.  I certainly don't believe GB is gonna suddenly run the ball 25-30 times a game, but I can definitely see Jones getting 15 touches a game somehow.  Doing that will only help Rodgers, especially in play-action

58 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone firing him up this week or should we wait a few weeks to see how this plays out?

I'm seriously considering it, my only other option right now for my RB2 spot is Dion Lewis. Jones should see an uptick in carries and all it will take is one breakaway run against a weak Buffalo team to solidify his role in this offense.

I have him in both leagues...holding off til next week and firing buck allen off instead during a bye...I think we see it this week and believe it going forward...AJs a stud...

7 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'd argue that a better way to keep Rodgers healthy would be to have a guy that's a threat to break one and simply rip off chunks of yardage when he gets the ball? Jones is that guy. Just hard to say with any certainty that MM sees it that way. This is far more likely to remain a 3 headed, value-draining committee-

sounds good in theory but you still the guy back there to be able to pick up that blitz and whiff on the block when the time comes then Rodgers gets clobbered

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Panthor said:

sounds good in theory but you still the guy back there to be able to pick up that blitz and whiff on the block when the time comes then Rodgers gets clobbered

Arod is already hurt and Jones had nothing to do with it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Yes but I'm not happy about it

Question: who was on pass protection when Rodgers got hurt in week 1?

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Question: who was on pass protection when Rodgers got hurt in week 1?

Montgomery was in & instead of stepping up to protect, he released outside the left tackle. Montgomery was a nice story last couple years but he’s a terrible RB. Needs to go back to WR

• Thanks 1

If you google "Aaron Jones", you already see news articles stating that Jones should be the lead back after this weekend from analysts.  Everyone is seeing what we are seeing.