smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

Just now, kyoun1e said:

I sadly thought it would be a good strategy to draft both J. Williams and A. Jones.

After Jones suspension was up and J. WIlliams wasn't producing, I felt brilliant.

Now I feel like a dope because in the end the odds favor no GB RB being useful in this offense.

Well put it this way...he started the game which is huge and he almost had a TD...yes we want more but dont give up hope now..watch you drop him and next week he blows up...just gotta look at the big positive and that is he started.

I guess I'm off the train for the foreseeable future.  Still love the player, but I don't see his usage really changing much outside of a Williams injury.  Rodgers is just doing what he's done for years in masking just how bad of a coach McCarthy really is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

I sadly thought it would be a good strategy to draft both J. Williams and A. Jones.

After Jones suspension was up and J. WIlliams wasn't producing, I felt brilliant.

Now I feel like a dope because in the end the odds favor no GB RB being useful in this offense.

You are not alone my friend.

My concern is that he just isnt startable if you think the packers are going to be playing from behind or in a shootout......their defense looked awful. Hate to say it but wout an injury he is just a very high upside stash.

5 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

My concern is that he just isnt startable if you think the packers are going to be playing from behind or in a shootout......their defense looked awful. Hate to say it but wout an injury he is just a very high upside stash.

You’re completely right. I was wrong about this one. Really thought this would be he’s coming out party. Not sure if I’d drop him in a 12 team league but I’m definitely not starting him anymore. Just going to have to wait till the team gets healthy. And McCarthy getting fired ?

Got burned by Jones 2 weeks in a row...I truly thought his day was coming.

Don't judge me on this next sentence, but I started him over DJ last week. DJ was facing MIN, AJ was facing a terrible(?) SF team and was GB favored by 9. Figured this was going to be a 4th quarter of the pack grinding it out. Whoops. 

Nice potential. Good stash. Easy to drop if something better comes along. 

3 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

I’m wondering if Jones value picks up with more usage as the weather gets worse. You can’t chuck the pill 50x a game when it’s 14 degrees and snowing. 

You can when you have Aaron Rodgers throwing footballs

• Like 2

The tune people would be singing on here would be drastically different if he stretched that extra yard. Darn yard. 

Edited by Rizzle630

7 hours ago, Rizzle630 said:

The tune people would be singing on here would be drastically different if he stretched that extra yard. Darn yard. 

Seriously all he had to do was move his hands to the left a few inches to score. Maybe he was nervous and/or focusing on not fumbling.

But yeah, if he scored people would be hyping his TD run up and claiming that he has to get more work now.

9 hours ago, Rizzle630 said:

Anyone smart wouldn't be singing a tune thats anything different from the one being played right now. He had 8 carries. Williams had 6. Ty had 4. He's in a straight up 3 RB committee. At some point he will score a TD lol. Also all 3 of them put together are hardly catching any passes. Not many implemented screen plays. He had zero catches. Theres really hardly anything to like here.

• Like 1

So everyone pretty down on this cat then? got him in a small league where I have mixon lynch mack coleman trying decide if he's waiver wire bait

This guy just falls down.   That's all he does.  First guy touches him somehow and he just plops forward somewhere.   I'm off this train.   And I swear he can't accelerate.  He just always in 4th gear from start to end of the play 

6 minutes ago, nll928 said:

This guy just falls down.   That's all he does.  First guy touches him somehow and he just plops forward somewhere.   I'm off this train.   And I swear he can't accelerate.  He just always in 4th gear from start to end of the play 

Huh? What's the purpose of this comment. Did you read the article @Power-O just posted? Rodgers is already saying he wants 33 to get the ball more. He's a valuable bench stash at this point and could pay off tremendously down the stretch, if given the opportunity.

So far this season, Jones is averaging 5.9 yards per carry which would rank fourth in the NFL if he had enough carries to qualify. 

Edited by jtbgator

5 minutes ago, nll928 said:

what games are you watching?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nll928 said:

What?... You're not watching the same games I am.  He clearly slices through small holes, and gashes the sidelines.  He gains extra yards after being hit all the time.  Who knows if he'll be useful in fantasy, but saying he just falls down is not factual.

7 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

What?... You're not watching the same games I am.  He clearly slices through small holes, and gashes the sidelines.  He gains extra yards after being hit all the time.  Who knows if he'll be useful in fantasy, but saying he just falls down is not factual.

9 minutes ago, Power-O said:

what games are you watching?

10 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Huh? What's the purpose of this comment. Did you read the article @Power-O just posted? Rodgers is already saying he wants 33 to get the ball more. He's a valuable bench stash at this point and could pay off tremendously down the stretch, if given the opportunity.

So far this season, Jones is averaging 5.9 yards per carry which would rank fourth in the NFL if he had enough carries to qualify. 

I only see some crazy stat that makes him look good.   Where's the video proof been?

I think this is just a power struggle between Rodgers and coaching staff and the media blowing it up.  Rodgers making a fuss about what he wants since Jordy gone.   You get guys that end up being cheerleaders like matt berry propping this guy up.  Blowing this guy up by selling the dream. I'm actually with the coaching staff on this one who sees him everyday and knows what he is. 

Watch him on gamepass.  Try to make a highlight reel, I dare you.  Post what makes him special here.   Show me. Don't tell me. I want to SEE

5 minutes ago, nll928 said:

I only see some crazy stat that makes him look good.   Where's the video proof been?

I think this is just a power struggle between Rodgers and coaching staff and the media blowing it up.  Rodgers making a fuss about what he wants since Jordy gone.   You get guys that end up being cheerleaders like matt berry propping this guy up.  Blowing this guy up by selling the dream. I'm actually with the coaching staff on this one who sees him everyday and knows what he is. 

Watch him on gamepass.  Try to make a highlight reel, I dare you.  Post what makes him special here.   Show me. Don't tell me. I want to SEE

I didn't know Mike had a roto account

Seriously GB telegraphs their plays by RB. Just the least surprising play calls bailed out by Rogers.

Edited by Ultraa
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nll928 said:

Nah, I watch every Pack game.  He has 6+ YPC for a reason.  Aaron Rodgers wants him on the field for a reason.  I don't have time to make a highlight reel for some dude on a fantasy forum.  He's clearly Green Bay's best back.  Like I said, who knows if that will translate to fantasy success with the way the team uses a RBBC, but it's night and day between him and the others on the roster.

You can watch these if you want:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nll928 said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, nll928 said:

Show me. Don't tell me. I want to SEE

Watch the games then.  I have watched them all and your comment about him just falling down is just way off base and sounds like it's coming from someone that has not in fact watched Jones play.

• Like 3