smeeze

Aaron Jones 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

I mean anything can happen but I'm not drafting the guy after 2 straight years of missing time.  They said that he "looked bigger and stronger" last year two, doesn't change the fact that he has a sickle cell disease and cant stay healthy.

Remember though...he was taking on a massive workload before he got hurt.  Now sharing rock will probably help him out alot to reach his potential.

In PPR he's going to be the man.  

24 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Remember though...he was taking on a massive workload before he got hurt.  Now sharing rock will probably help him out alot to reach his potential.

In PPR he's going to be the man.  

How does getting less touches equate to him being the man?  He got 25 week 1, 16 week 2 and 20 in week 3, then he got hurt.  I'm not saying he wont be relevant some weeks but imo he he not going to be a top 30 RB and he wont play 16 games.

48 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

How does getting less touches equate to him being the man?  He got 25 week 1, 16 week 2 and 20 in week 3, then he got hurt.  I'm not saying he wont be relevant some weeks but imo he he not going to be a top 30 RB and he wont play 16 games.

Because all passing work is going to him...plus GBs D isn't good which lead to more shoot-outs which has Ty's name all over it right.  

How are you so certain he's gonna be injured again?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Because all passing work is going to him...plus GBs D isn't good which lead to more shoot-outs which has Ty's name all over it right.  

I wouldn't bank on Green Bay's defense being bad. It isn't going to be Minnesota or Jacksonville, but it will be upper half of the league

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

GB's D will definitely not be bad, it also helps to have Rogers back on offense as they wont be on the field as much as last season.  

Well besides never playing a full season and missing over almost 40% of games, there's this:

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/ty-montgomery/7266

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I certainly wouldn't write him off. 

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said people will "see a bigger, stronger Ty Montgomery this year."

Montgomery stuck around in Green Bay over the offseason to work with Packers strength and conditioning coordinator Mark Lovat in hopes of improving his durability. "I know that I can be a really good football player; I just need to stay healthy," Montgomery said. "I’m looking forward to getting one full healthy season under my belt." Unlikely to get true lead-back workloads with Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones also vying for touches, Montgomery should have a better shot to stay healthy this season, but that competition also makes him much less interesting from a fantasy perspective.

Source: ESPN

ESPN's Rob Demovsky writes Ty Montgomery appears set for a "significant role in the offense."

Demovsky added Montgomery "didn't appear to lose any ground" to Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones during OTAs. "We have to take advantage of Ty's skills, and there's no question about that," coach Mike McCarthy said. "The offense is suited for that." While it still seems more likely Williams or Jones wins the early-down role, Montgomery is clearly not going away. He could end up being a value in the double-digit rounds.

Jun 11 - 9:36 AM

ESPN's Rob Demovsky writes Ty Montgomery has worked as the third-down back early in training camp.

According to Demovsky, Jamaal Williams has handled the majority of the "normal down-and-distance situations" while Montgomery has been in during "two-minute and no-huddle drives." Aaron Jones, who is currently sidelined by a hamstring injury and will serve a two-game suspension to start the season, should push Williams for the early-down work, but the passing-down job should be Montgomery's as long as he can stay healthy, making him a solid pick at his ninth-round ADP.

Jul 30 - 12:40 PM

Ty is clearly a gadget player in this offense. They didn't draft two rookie RBs last season for no reason, especially since they can clearly be productive. Yes he will take some touches in certain situations but he is for the most part irrelevant. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 8:40 PM, n4sa said:

Ty is clearly a gadget player in this offense. They didn't draft two rookie RBs last season for no reason, especially since they can clearly be productive. Yes he will take some touches in certain situations but he is for the most part irrelevant. 

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

• Like 1

I like Ty but he can't stay healthy.

For what it's worth, I locked up all three GB RBs on one team, but ended up dropping Ty for Geronimo Allison

I'm thinking that, because of Rodgers, the packers have less "3rd downs" in a season than most teams-??

4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Must own if you draft Williams. Lock up the GB backfield.

You're not at all concerned that Ty Montgomery has some sort of role?

• Like 1

Just now, smeeze said:

TyMont’s value is at best a PPR flex play. Williams/Jones will be a solid RB2 whoever starts.

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Yea in a ppr league couldn't get Jones( to handcuff my williams)  so got Ty instead since if there is an injury Ty will def get some enhanced value in PPR leagues.

• Like 1

I have both Jones and Williams in the one league I'm in and I'm slightly concerned that Ty, whom I don't have, could be the next man up before Jones. Thankfully barring an early JW injury he should hit waivers soon. 

yeah i think moore will be on waivers eventually...i nabed williams and grabbed ty...ty will have a role no matter what in this offense IMO. 

• Like 1

Is Jones expected to be given an opportunity at lead back upon his return? Williams didn't look great but 1 game is too small a sample size.

Whats the chances he gets 15 touches his first game back? 

3 minutes ago, Juke said:

Is Jones expected to be given an opportunity at lead back upon his return? Williams didn't look great but 1 game is too small a sample size.

Whats the chances he gets 15 touches his first game back? 

Anyone’s guess at this point. Owners of Jamaal Williams sure seem pretty down on him right now. When you compare the 80 Career carries from Jones, to the 130 career carries of Williams, Jones is a full 2 YPC higher.  Williams however, is very good at blocking for Aaron’s Rodgers. I’d rank this backfield right there with Indianapolis, Detroit, and New England as difficult backfields to analyze. 

Jones owners couldn’t be in a better position - neither Williams nor Montgomery flashed in week 1 and week 2 is perhaps the worst matchup of the season (Minn).

Another low production game from the Packer RBs should cement Jones’ opportunity to step into practice on Tues with an open opportunity to takeover.  A Williams fumble this weekend would be the cherry on top for us Jones owners.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Jones owners couldn’t be in a better position - neither Williams nor Montgomery flashed in week 1 and week 2 is perhaps the worst matchup of the season (Minn).

Another low production game from the Packer RBs should cement Jones’ opportunity to step into practice on Tues with an open opportunity to takeover.  A Williams fumble this weekend would be the cherry on top for us Jones owners.  

And when Rodgers gets killed because Jones couldn't block me, let alone Harrison Smith on a blitz, we might not see Jones for a while again either.

Anyone referring to week 1 is downplaying the entire game.

They were behind the entire 2nd half and throwing constantly. Meanwhile the entire 1st half the offensive line was torn apart by the Bears defense.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, smeeze said:

"You're not at all concerned that Ty Montgomery has some sort of role?"

Could be a tweener deal, who knows? When the cold & the wind & the footing factor the most, teams like the Packers run the ball more. To me, down the stretch, when the games matter most, Montgomery is the guy they want in one piece. The personnel, the philosophy, not a lot of line up & mash. I don't think there's even one offense in that grouping any less often than Green Bay. It's an offense that takes what the defense gives them & the more versatile the RB, the more suited he is.    

Edited by markrc99

47 minutes ago, rabaak said:

And when Rodgers gets killed because Jones couldn't block me, let alone Harrison Smith on a blitz, we might not see Jones for a while again either.

I've never seen one RBs value propped up so heavily based on their ability to block in the history of fantasy football. I don't even see an RBs blocking ability discussed in any depth or with any regularity in any other RB thread. Do you play in a league where your RB gets points for blocking? Maybe it's just me, but when an RB I started is seeing snaps, I'd like it if he had the opportunity to touch the ball in those situations and not be stuck blocking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1